Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
You can Google the UPCs. Be happy they are providing any information, not like they have to. You gotta put some work in too sometimes.
Understandable but lots of people legit are full mobile so going back and forth is a PITA when they can post a picture of the game or list them like others do here

Understandable but lots of people legit are full mobile so going back and forth is a PITA when they can post a picture of the game or list them like others do here
Yeah, the nerve of them not making their free information more convenient for you smh.

I'm really tired of people on CAG who complain that information isn't as appealing to them when they don't contribute information themselves. I'm not saying you don't, but maybe be glad for the info that is here instead of complaining that it isn't good enough for your liking.

Meh the people jumping on fiss post are the ones overreacting.
It wouldn't kill anyone to post the games names if they are supposedly just the same old ones that have already been posted before either. They took the time to post a picture of the receipt then they could have just taken a picture of the games in their haul if that's simpler than writing the names down.

Wow, so sorry for not listing the game names. I didn't know it would ruffle so many feathers. I was actually driving 8 hrs home and this was a stop along the way. Just be grateful I posted at all! If they were different titles that hadn't already been known about I'd have gone into more detail.

Someone pooped their pants at Walmart again yesterday.
Walmart Employees,

mhgwkEQqw3f5xYegkltMJ3ef8RO3anE0x_8BHaEfwmQ.png

Just be grateful I posted at all!
Why would anyone be grateful for a post that's basically a humblebrag about getting 3 cent clearance games? Now if you had say maybe provided helpful information to other members that live near that store that's something they might thank you for. Like just for example how many copies they had left of any particular game if there were any left at all.

And before someone chimes in about looking them up on brickseek everyone here knows that brickseek is not reliable most of the time. And again what good would that do if there aren't any copies left? Or the website says there aren't but there are? Also first page "Do not rely only on BS."

tldr its a deal sharing website. Kinda the whole point is to be helpful to others by sharing whatever information you have access to.

New clearance for the week. Sorry I didn't post the exact stores, used unreliable brickseek or state how many copies each store in the country has but I figure you guys can figure that out yourself  :rofl:

$13.00 Microsoft Windows 10, Key card

$19.00 Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse: Chroma RGB Lighting.

$69.00 VIZIO 55" Class 4K UHD Quantum SmartCast Smart TV HDR M-Series M556-H

$99.00 VIZIO 55" Class 4K UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V555-H

$74.00 VIZIO 43" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V436-G1

$109.00 Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-3H-K3WL Convertible Laptop, MediaTek MT8183C Octa-Core Processor, 11.6" HD Touchscreen, 4GB LPDDR4X, 32GB eMMC

$124.00 VIZIO 65" Class 4k UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V655-H

$139.00 SAMSUNG 65" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN65TU8200 2020

$169.00 VIZIO 70" Class 4K UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR V-Series V705-H

$184.00 SAMSUNG 65” TU8300 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV with HDR UN65TU8300FXZA 2020

$184.00 75" VIZIO V755 4K HDR SmartCast TV

$349.00 SAMSUNG 75" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160P) HDR Smart QLED TV QN75Q60TB

$29.88 Simple Mobile LG Journey Smartphone

$30.00 AT&T Radiant Max 32GB, Cobalt Blue - Prepaid Smartphone

$75.00 Ionvac Smartclean 2000 Robovac - Hardwood & Carpet Smart Robotic Vacuum, Controlled via Mobile App or Voice Activated Commands

$11.10 Monopoly Super Electronic Banking Board Game For Kids Ages 8+, 2-4 Players

$16.66 Tobi Robot Smartwatch for Kids with Cameras, Video, Games, and Activities - Pink

$16.90 Little Tikes Tobi Robot Smartwatch

$25.00 LEGO Masters Co-pack 66666 Creative Building Toy Value Set (613 Pieces)

$2.00 Hanes Men's White V-Neck Undershirts, 3 Pack

$3.00 Athletic Works Men's Sustainable Mesh Boxer Brief, 3 Pack

$25.00 Toddleroo by North States 6 Panel Superyard Portable Indoor Outdoor Playard

damn, that 70" vizio was $99 near me and the 75" vizio was $124. both out of stock of course, but i really wonder if they were ever actually available for purchase at that price...almost makes me want to stop in more often just to check for future items, almost

damn, that 70" vizio was $99 near me and the 75" vizio was $124. both out of stock of course, but i really wonder if they were ever actually available for purchase at that price...almost makes me want to stop in more often just to check for future items, almost
For some of these tvs, I feel they sold before they got to the super low price drop

For some of these tvs, I feel they sold before they got to the super low price drop
that is what I assume, I never see any clearance TVs out other than the display models. Or if they do hit that price point, it is while they sit in the back and some employees family member/friend gets the deal.

that is what I assume, I never see any clearance TVs out other than the display models. Or if they do hit that price point, it is while they sit in the back and some employees family member/friend gets the deal.
This. I've had TVs say 5+ before and you go there and the employees either completely refuse to look in the back or "can't find it, they probably got stolen." How you have 5 TVs stolen I will never understand. If it's not on the shelf I assume I'm never getting it.

This. I've had TVs say 5+ before and you go there and the employees either completely refuse to look in the back or "can't find it, they probably got stolen." How you have 5 TVs stolen I will never understand. If it's not on the shelf I assume I'm never getting it.
Definitely common for either of those to happen. Occasionally I find some clearance tvs randomly on a pallet in the middle of the walk way adjacent from electronics by like the dogfood and cleaning supplies isles at the nearest store. I've not once found one in the actual tv section near electronics though and i've never found any posted on brickseek. Even ones that should be commonly stocked like the roku tvs. None of the clearance tvs are usually that great of a deal either in my experience besides occasionally displays or ones say missing the remote. It doesn't seem like they sell displays anymore at my closest store though.

I've actually gotten better deals online than instore but those were user error where they sent me a tv the same brand as I ordered but larger size.

The only clearance tv's I think I've ever seen at my local Walmart stores have been display models.  But I'm not in there every day of the week... and I don't go hunting tv's every time someone mentions they are on clearance since the few times I've tried have turned up nothing.

Just found a new batch of clearance Switch games at my Wallyworld.  Picked up the following,

Little Nightmares 2 - $10

G.I.Joe Operation Blackout - $5

Civilization 6 - $5

I also saw the following but pass on them,

Saints Row IV Re-elected - $10

American Ninja Warrior Challenge -$5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10

My Hero One's Justice 2 - $10

I might go back for the Puyo Puyo Tetris & My Hero 2, but I doubt it.  I also found it funny that while My Hero 2 is clearance, the first one was still in the case at full price.

Just found a new batch of clearance Switch games at my Wallyworld. Picked up the following,

Civilization 6 - $5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10

I might go back for the Puyo Puyo Tetris & My Hero 2, but I doubt it. I also found it funny that while My Hero 2 is clearance, the first one was still in the case at full price.
Yes it's been like that for a while. Not sure why 1 isn't clearance out. 2 wise it's been out of stock for most stores it's on clearance at so I'd grab it sooner than later.

I've randomly finding clearanced 3ds games with stickers from the 2 weeks with higher prices like 16.81 and 22.47 and I ring out it's 9.88. So beware. 

Just found a new batch of clearance Switch games at my Wallyworld. Picked up the following,

Civilization 6 - $5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10

I might go back for the Puyo Puyo Tetris & My Hero 2, but I doubt it. I also found it funny that while My Hero 2 is clearance, the first one was still in the case at full price.
Hi, please post the UPC codes. I don't understand the info you posted.

Civilization 6 - $5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10

And I had just seen GI Joe for $15 sunday there too

It's $9 at GameStop
No store pickup near me... and adding shipping kind of kills the deal for me. $5+tax would be the perfect price to stumble on this. Maybe they'll end up at Five Below at some point. I don't really ever need to own this game... but cheap enough... and I'll scratch that curiosity itch even if it only lasts one evening.

DON’T update the Walmart app as of (7/8) it’s neat that it shows locking on the specific barcode it’s about to scan BUT no prices are coming out no matter how many times you scan

Edit: got things in the clearance section to scan but they come out full price not reflecting the yellow tag price

I shit you not, I found a $0.03 copy of Personal Trainer: Walking (DS) last night. Spider-tagged with its old $49.94 price tag, no less. Got it through self-check with no issues though!

I remember this particular store having a ton of them when the original $0.03 shenanigans happened, so I guess one just drifted around in the back until now. Made me feel young again.

So I went thru like the last 12 pages of this thread, all the way back to May...

made myself a list of items from all those pages..  all show in stock and quantity of 6+, and all in like a 25 mile/30min radius of like 4 Wal-Marts near me. 

This being Brickseek and Wal-Mart, Whats my best stratage for being able to find these items, that consistently show IN STOCK? 

ex. some are TV's and hdd's and Games, along with modems and routers...

In the past I remember Wal-Mart had like a back section of the store that was all clearance,..

Appreciate any input and advise on how successfully score all these..  specially the Razor $19.99 wireless mouse..

thanks in advance! 

This being Brickseek and Wal-Mart, Whats my best stratage for being able to find these items, that consistently show IN STOCK?
Prayer, rabbit's foot, maybe blood sacrifice?

There is no strategy. You're very lucky to find even one item you want on clearance. A lot of times they either don't have it or it's in the back room and you'll have to find a goodnatured employee (ie a unicorn) willing to go look for you.

Some of the games will be on the shelf in plain sight. Others will be on the bottom of the shelf likely with the spine not facing out. Good luck as many 03 cent stuff doesn't sell due to the system denying the sale.  iirc one of the tricks to getting them to sell you the games is to grab an m rated movie first.

Found a Cyberpunk action figure in clearance for $8

I carried it around for a bit before I decided to pass. Would have pulled the trigger on Keanu but it was the other guy. I haven't even played the game so figured I don't need it.

Prayer, rabbit's foot, maybe blood sacrifice?

There is no strategy. You're very lucky to find even one item you want on clearance. A lot of times they either don't have it or it's in the back room and you'll have to find a goodnatured employee (ie a unicorn) willing to go look for you.
Pretty much.

When I worked at Walmart 5 years ago, there was a buttload of stuff that had no business being left in the back and honestly should have been sold off. Skylanders, a display tv, and some other garbage. However, somebody decided to just kept this stuff in the back. I think I even tried to convince the department manager to allow me to bring this stuff up front, so we could sell it off (most of it I didn't have any interest in, however, I really just wanted to clear some of this garbage out of the back as it was cluttering the aisle in the electronics cage).

I will say that you will probably have better luck if the employee has a hand scanner on them. Like you can visibly see it on their person or near them. Give them the UPC, and ask that they check to see how many they have in stock, and if there's none on the floor if there's a BIN location (i.e. if it shows where it's at in the back). Without a BIN location, it may be in the back... but if the electronics cage looks like a hurricane went through it, that may be where there hesitation comes in and why they don't want to go to the back. Alternatively, if you know another store has it in stock and is discounted ask them to check said stores stock/quantity available. They may say they can't do this, but I know for a fact checking the quantity availabl is possible (however, it's likely the employee just doesn't know how to to it so they say they can't do it). They can see the quantity available, but they can't see pricing info.

There's a number of reasons employees may not want to go to the back, but if it's like the store I worked at, then there is a lock on the electronics cage (which I can only assume is to prevent employee theft, since the electronics cage is located in the back and only employees are allowed there). If there is an electronics cage, then the employee has to go through this whole song and dance of having management unlock it for them, and usually that in and of itself takes 5-20 minutes. If there's only one employee in the department (i.e. the one you asked to check the back) they're 99% likely to decline. Even if there's two employees in the department (i.e. one to cover, and one to go in the back) the employees may still say no. I say that as I had been chewed out on a couple instances for going to the back, despite having told a manager beforehand that I needed to go to the back to look for something, and I wouldn't doubt it if that's a trend at most stores.

PSA:
Do *NOT* update the Wal-Mart app!

Stupid thing does not give in store pricing.
This is all it does:[attachment=35779:Screenshots_2021-07-09-15-58-39.png]

Civilization 6 - $5

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - $10

Thanks for the heads up! I found the last copy of Civ VI at my local wm. It was marked for $10 and rang up for $19.99 smh. I didn’t want to deal with waiting so just left.

Pretty much.

When I worked at Walmart 5 years ago, there was a buttload of stuff that had no business being left in the back and honestly should have been sold off. Skylanders, a display tv, and some other garbage. However, somebody decided to just kept this stuff in the back. I think I even tried to convince the department manager to allow me to bring this stuff up front, so we could sell it off (most of it I didn't have any interest in, however, I really just wanted to clear some of this garbage out of the back as it was cluttering the aisle in the electronics cage).

I will say that you will probably have better luck if the employee has a hand scanner on them. Like you can visibly see it on their person or near them. Give them the UPC, and ask that they check to see how many they have in stock, and if there's none on the floor if there's a BIN location (i.e. if it shows where it's at in the back). Without a BIN location, it may be in the back... but if the electronics cage looks like a hurricane went through it, that may be where there hesitation comes in and why they don't want to go to the back. Alternatively, if you know another store has it in stock and is discounted ask them to check said stores stock/quantity available. They may say they can't do this, but I know for a fact checking the quantity availabl is possible (however, it's likely the employee just doesn't know how to to it so they say they can't do it). They can see the quantity available, but they can't see pricing info.

There's a number of reasons employees may not want to go to the back, but if it's like the store I worked at, then there is a lock on the electronics cage (which I can only assume is to prevent employee theft, since the electronics cage is located in the back and only employees are allowed there). If there is an electronics cage, then the employee has to go through this whole song and dance of having management unlock it for them, and usually that in and of itself takes 5-20 minutes. If there's only one employee in the department (i.e. the one you asked to check the back) they're 99% likely to decline. Even if there's two employees in the department (i.e. one to cover, and one to go in the back) the employees may still say no. I say that as I had been chewed out on a couple instances for going to the back, despite having told a manager beforehand that I needed to go to the back to look for something, and I wouldn't doubt it if that's a trend at most stores.
excellent write up my friend, it solidifies kinda what I thought was going on, assuming the employee cares and has the scanner thing.. interesting to know their thought process that occurs in that 2sec hesitation when you ask if you they can "check in back".

Alas, as for me, most of the items went out of stock since I posted, but still may give it a try, specially for the 55" $135 4K HDR tv's... Brickseek says 2-3 on hand, even tho Walmart website says OOS...

Well I had to go my Wallyworld for something else. Decided to pick that lone My Hero One's Justice 2 for $10 for the hell of it. The Puyo Tetris was gone and someone bought every copy of the Saint Row IV which was eight by my count, must be a good flip for a whole total of 2 dollars at Gamestop. They did miss the one still in the case though.... I still didn't want it. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up! I found the last copy of Civ VI at my local wm. It was marked for $10 and rang up for $19.99 smh. I didn’t want to deal with waiting so just left.
Well dam, wish I saw your post earlier before I left. They still had one copy at mine for $5, I wouldn't have mind picking it up for you as long as I was there.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I did also see copies of Rainbowsix Siege for the Xbone/Series X for $5.00. Slipped my mind since I don't one either system.

On one hand it is annoying that the scanner no longer works. On the other hand if it prevents hoarders and resellers who ruin it for everyone then I am all for it.

On one hand it is annoying that the scanner no longer works. On the other hand if it prevents hoarders and resellers who ruin it for everyone then I am all for it.
You should be more worried about those million follower soccer mom clearance groups than anyone else actually. Walmart removed it likely due to the hoards of people who go in and say "this is in stock, I know it is, get it for me". Or as a way to promote Walmart+ which still has this feature.

I remember the good old days before smartphones, social media, and people who think they're badasses by calling flipping junk a "side hustle" and you could find clearance games and items easily. I would discuss it with people and we'd buy what we wanted and leave stuff behind because we weren't greedy. We would even buy items and sell it to each other and cost + shipping or trade them. There were some neckbeard types like el hoardo who bought things up but they were few and far between because you needed knowledge and talent to flip items back then because you couldn't just scan things and look them up on the spot. Now you see normies at every single store clearance, sale, garage sale, thrift store, etc. scanning every single game and buy up anything that can get them at least a dollar in profit so people who just want to buy the stuff for themselves are forced to pay higher prices online. So I commend Walmart for hopefully making this more difficult for people who are greedy. By the way, flipping and reselling goes against store policies because they say "no dealers".

I remember the good old days before smartphones, social media, and people who think they're badasses by calling flipping junk a "side hustle" and you could find clearance games and items easily. I would discuss it with people and we'd buy what we wanted and leave stuff behind because we weren't greedy. We would even buy items and sell it to each other and cost + shipping or trade them. There were some neckbeard types like el hoardo who bought things up but they were few and far between because you needed knowledge and talent to flip items back then because you couldn't just scan things and look them up on the spot. Now you see normies at every single store clearance, sale, garage sale, thrift store, etc. scanning every single game and buy up anything that can get them at least a dollar in profit so people who just want to buy the stuff for themselves are forced to pay higher prices online. So I commend Walmart for hopefully making this more difficult for people who are greedy. By the way, flipping and reselling goes against store policies because they say "no dealers".
ok boomer

bread's done
Back