Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a ps2 game at Wal-Mart in a different city of mines. Never heard of its called ski and shoot. It was $5 but I didn't buy now I regret then again not like imma play it.

Went to one of my regular Walmarts around me and found they were going through their yearly inventory, they must have found a stash of Iphone 6s/ 6s Plus phone cases cause they had about a dozen of them for the low low price of $39.99 CLEARANCE.

Tried for the A51 but was told not unlocked. Anyone have recommendations for similar on the cheap that can work well with live streaming,let me know.
A lot of the 2019/2020 Moto phones are on clearance, Like the Moto G Stylus ($75), Moto Action One ($85).

If a Wal-Mart has one of the Laptop left but its a display model that their willing to sell. What can I ask to get discounted off the price? Since she stated no charger included for it.

If a Wal-Mart has one of the Laptop left but its a display model that their willing to sell. What can I ask to get discounted off the price? Since she stated no charger included for it.
The maximum they can offer is a 10% off discount assuming you can get an agreeable manager to help you. Maybe you can ask for a lower discount for parts missing. I was told the maximum discount they can offer in the event of parts missing or damage was 10% though. Also be aware though that they're not supposed to sell you display models.

The maximum they can offer is a 10% off discount assuming you can get an agreeable manager to help you. Maybe you can ask for a lower discount for parts missing. I was told the maximum discount they can offer in the event of parts missing or damage was 10% though. Also be aware though that they're not supposed to sell you display models.
Just curious, where did you get your information? There really is no maximum they can offer, however they can determine that if it goes below the cost of goods is not worth the sell and potential headache. Displays can be sold, but it is as-is (after uninstalling the demo software) and usally does not come with a manufractering warrenty unless you pay full price (or full clearance price). Each store is different...

Just curious, where did you get your information? There really is no maximum they can offer, however they can determine that if it goes below the cost of goods is not worth the sell and potential headache. Displays can be sold, but it is as-is (after uninstalling the demo software) and usally does not come with a manufractering warrenty unless you pay full price (or full clearance price). Each store is different...
Just curious, where did you get your information?

One time I bought a game that was open box (ie. no shrink wrap) and the guy gave me an extra 20% off. I didn't ask for it he just gave it to me

I used to work for walmart and that's what I was told. Also that display models aren't supposed to be sold. Maybe the rules changed in the ensuring years idk.

Pretty sure the PC I have now that I bought on clearance like 10 years ago was a display model, as it already had a user profile set up in Windows. I'm looking at another clearance PC at Walmart now but I'm debating getting it because I'm afraid it's also just the display model.  I haven't asked anyone yet.  If it's still there the next time I go, I'll ask.

I figured this was as good a place as any to ask: does anybody buy the Great Value cappuccino individual Keurig-style cups? I've noticed that no store around me has Mocha Macchiato anymore. This happened before and lasted for a few months before they came back. Are they being discontinued or something?

I used to work for walmart and that's what I was told. Also that display models aren't supposed to be sold. Maybe the rules changed in the ensuring years idk.
AFAIK, display units aren't supposed to be sold until they know they aren't getting any more stock of that particular item. If the laptop is already being clearanced, they shouldn't be getting any more, so a manager would be more willing to sell the display.

Just curious, where did you get your information?
Management and previous expeirience of purchasing a demo laptop. As I said, each Walmart is ran different. I have seen demos being throw to the back until there is a return date or processed as damaged while some stores will repackage demos to be sold as last unit.

Not much gaming stuff (as usual nowadays) but some good kitchen and computer clearance among other items. Be sure to join the discord group for more finds the day we find them. 

$20.00 SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S6 10.5" 128GB WiFi Android 9.0 Tablet Mountain Gray S Pen - SM-T860NZAAXAR

$30.00 Ameriwood Home Student Computer Desk with Drawer, Brown Oak

$154.00 HP Slim Desktop Tower Celeron 4GB/1TB Desktop Tower

$199.00 HP Desktop Tower R3 8GB/1TB Desktop Bundle

$249.00 HP 24 Desktop Bundle i3 8GB/1TB Desktop Bundle

$299.00 Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO A340 24" All in One Desktop, Intel Core i3-9100T Quad-Core Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256B Solid State Drive, Windows 10, Black, F0ER0000US

$399.00 MSI Gaming Tower i5 GTX 1660 Super 8GB/240GB+1TB Gaming Desktop Tower, Intel Core i5-10400F, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super, 8GB DDR4, 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Windows 10 - SE 10SI-001US

$449.00 MSI GF65 Thin i7 GTX 1660Ti 8GB/512GB Gaming Laptop, 15.6" FHD 120Hz Display, Intel Core i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 8GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Windows 10 - GF65458

$199.00 Straight Talk Apple iPhone SE (2020), 64GB, Black - Prepaid Smartphone

$5.00 LEGO Marvel Avengers Thanos Mech 76141 Action Building Toy with Thanos Minifigure (152 Pieces)

$6.00 LEGO Super Mario Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set 71366 Building Set (132 Pieces)

$7.46 Pokemon TCG: Elite Trainer BoxSun & Moon Solgaleo

$8.00 LEGO Super Mario Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set 71364 Building Set (133 Pieces)

$20.00 LEGO NINJAGO Jungle Dragon 71746 Building Toy Ninja Playset (506 Pieces)

$37.84 Razor Turbo A Black Label Powered Electric Scooter - Black/Red

$49.75 12 Volt Realtree UTV by Dynacraft with Working Light Bar!

$52.15 Disney DTR Tigger 6V Plush Ride-On

$99.50 Monster Jam Grave Digger 24-Volt Battery Powered Ride-On

$4.99 Hamilton Beach Modern 2 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster with Extra-Wide Slots, 22794

$9.94 Blue Diamond Big Batch 4.6 Quart Aluminum Dutch Oven

$9.99 Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, LED Touch Display, Black Stainless

$10.00 Cricut Maker Tool, Engraving Tip + QuickSwap Housing

$11.21 Gotham Steel Copper Cast Jumbo Cooker with Lid, Nonstick Triple Coated Surface, Family Sized Open Skillet with Stainless Steel Stay Cool & Helper Handle, Oven and Dishwasher Safe

$14.99 Galanz 0.7 cu ft Retro Red Microwave Oven

$24.75 KitchenAid® K150 3 Speed Ice Crushing Blender - Red

$27.90 NutriBullet® Blender Combo with Single Serve Cups, 1000W

$29.75 Ninja Foodi Cold & Hot Blender HB100

$34.75 Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker - CM400

$41.65 Galanz ExpressWave 1.4 Cu.Ft Sensor Cooking Microwave Oven,Black Stainless Steel

$150.00 Spalding 54" Shatter-proof Polycarbonate Exactaheight® Portable Basketball Hoop

$50.00 Ozark Trail 6-Piece, 4 Person Camping Combo, Tent

$55.00 HART 40-Volt Cordless Attachment Capable 15-inch String Trimmer Kit, (1) 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery

$75.00 Coleman Roadtrip 225 Tabletop Propane Gas Grill, Black

$20.00 Allen Sports 2-Child Bicycle Trailer and Stroller, model AS2

Thank you for the deal post. Was looking for a cheaper server PC, wanted to use a laptop so I can be portable with it too. Missed out on the last round of laptop deals.

Probably VERY YMMV but according to BS FF Zodiac Age for PS4 looks to be 5.74 universally. I haven't seen it in a store in quite awhile, only the XB1 & Switch versions.

Oh and when in the hell did Rocket League Ultimate get so pricey on PS4?!

I went to two Walmarts that BS showed Pokemon TCG: Elite Trainer Box Sun & Moon sets being in stock with 6+ and of course I could not find any at either store. FML

Not a clearance item but damn, Walmart has some dope customer service, Just recently bought Aliens: Fireteam Elite online w/Pre-order DLC. Game did not come with DLC so I contacted CS over chat, they said they would get back to me 2-3 days, no big deal since the DLC is $3.99 BUT it SHOULD be included. So I decided I'll call just to see if they can do anything different, after waiting for the lady to get back to me she says she can only provide me the number of the company(?) but I told her there is no guarantee they can give me the DLC. The CS rep then said she can give me a full refund and that I can keep the game. I was expecting a $5 refund but nope, I got the game for free. Maybe some of you can try that and it might work.

I went to two Walmarts that BS showed Pokemon TCG: Elite Trainer Box Sun & Moon sets being in stock with 6+ and of course I could not find any at either store. FML
I ran into the same problem yesterday. I had at least 6 stores showing 6+ in stock and struck out at all the stores I went to. I even had employees scan the barcode and it showed 0 in stock every time. I was pretty annoyed wasting a couple hours and gas for nothing. -_-

I’ve been noticing more and more brickseek being off with their stock numbers, especially when it says 6+ in stock. Then there’s times where it will say an item is out of stock and they’ll have multiple copies when I go to the store.

I ran into the same problem yesterday. I had at least 6 stores showing 6+ in stock and struck out at all the stores I went to. I even had employees scan the barcode and it showed 0 in stock every time. I was pretty annoyed wasting a couple hours and gas for nothing. -_-

I’ve been noticing more and more brickseek being off with their stock numbers, especially when it says 6+ in stock. Then there’s times where it will say an item is out of stock and they’ll have multiple copies when I go to the store.
My experience every time. Brickseek is worthless.

It has wheels you know...
yeah once you put it together. when it's still in the box it's just a 200 lb box. was putting it together and grill body has a dent in the bottom corner so it won't attach to the frame. Guess I have to go get another 200 lb box to exchange the grill body

For me, brickseek has been accurate about 6 out of 10 times. Walmart's inventory management system is just atrocious compared to Target's.

BS just reports information directly from those stores. That doesn't mean that WalMart inventory in their own system is accurate, that there is a set location for an item (item is in the store, somewhere), employees know where to look in their backroom for items or that sometimes SKUs are merged so an item can show 6+ in stock but it's 6+ of all versions of that item.

Walmart has a terrible inventory system compared to other stores. But that's Walmarts problem, BS just reports exactly what information Walmart has on those items.

For me, brickseek has been accurate about 6 out of 10 times. Walmart's inventory management system is just atrocious compared to Target's.
Walmart losses to employee theft is less then it would cost to pay employees enough that they don’t have to steal; hence they don’t care.

Walmart losses to employee theft is less then it would cost to pay employees enough that they don’t have to steal; hence they don’t care.
when can we stop saying this and start holding people accountable? these jobs start out at $13 to $15 an hour now, several people in the store are making $25+. I know this is the "it" thing to say when dealing with walmart, but we aren't talking about minimum wage workers anymore. how much money is someone suppose to make to open a box and put something on a shelf before they have to start caring?

BS just reports information directly from those stores. That doesn't mean that WalMart inventory in their own system is accurate, that there is a set location for an item (item is in the store, somewhere), employees know where to look in their backroom for items or that sometimes SKUs are merged so an item can show 6+ in stock but it's 6+ of all versions of that item.

Walmart has a terrible inventory system compared to other stores. But that's Walmarts problem, BS just reports exactly what information Walmart has on those items.
Often I think they already returned to manufacturer or something or it's just an inventory error for the count period. As you can't explain how items with 100-200 stock are missing. They can't all be in the back short of a recall. At least that's how it was when I worked at one decades ago after school.

when can we stop saying this and start holding people accountable? these jobs start out at $13 to $15 an hour now, several people in the store are making $25+. I know this is the "it" thing to say when dealing with walmart, but we aren't talking about minimum wage workers anymore. how much money is someone suppose to make to open a box and put something on a shelf before they have to start caring?
Personal accountability. That’s hilarious bro.

Quaint idea, though. Wonder if it could work.

I love when people say Brickseek sucks, rather than Walmart's inventory system sucks. Where do they think Brickseek gets its info? It uses Walmart's API.

Walmart app updated and now I can’t find the in-store price. I’m sure corporations like Target, GameStop and Walmart have plenty of research that says nerfing apps is actually a good thing, but f em. It shouldnt be easier to find in-store price on Brickseek than in the actual freaking store.

Walmart app updated and now I can’t find the in-store price. I’m sure corporations like Target, GameStop and Walmart have plenty of research that says nerfing apps is actually a good thing, but f em. It shouldnt be easier to find in-store price on Brickseek than in the actual freaking store.
Did it automatically update? Mine still has not done so and I wonder if there is a way to prevent it from doing it.

Let me shed some light on inventory systems and potential errors.  Bare with me, it's may be a lot of reading.  If you're expecting, "Hurr, employees stealing/hiding stuff," just go ahead and scroll down to the next comment now.

A company like Walmart or Target has a highly automated inventory system. For the sake of this example, we're going to be dealing with a mythical (but should be totes real) Stanley the Bugman Funko Pop Figure being stocked by Target.  The product arrives at a Target warehouse and we're going to assume at this moment that we have cases of Stanleys with white overalls (like his Smash trophy that appears in my avatar) and cases of Stanleys with red overalls (like he appears in Donkey Kong 3).  These will be two distinct items with two separate UPC codes.  

At the warehouse, an employee ("picker") has a device that tells her to go to a certain location in the warehouse and grab two boxes from a certain location on a certain shelf.  (We'll say aisle G, section 12, shelf C, location 3.  This would be the third item on the third shelf up on the 12th shelf down in Aisle G.)   The employee gets to the location, scans the shelf spot and scans the preprinted label (that says which route and which store the box is going to).  And then, because someone shift the boxes to get to a box further back on the shelf, grabs a box that was supposed to be on a separate location.  So instead of our local store getting a box of white overalls and a box of blue overalls today, it's getting a box of white overalls and a case of graham crackers.  (Items are typically stored in a warehouse based on size and whatever space is available rather than by theme.)  If this discrepancy isn't caught when it arrives at the store, the inventory count will be incorrect.

Then, yes, there is theft.  Sometimes it's by employees, but mostly it's customer theft either accidentally at self-checkout or an intentional five finger discount. 

Also, if you walk up to a register and the employee sees that you bought six Stanley Pop Figures, (Okay, it would be me.  I'm buying half a dozen Stanley Pops.) he might enter that you have six items and scan one UPC code, unaware that blue and white overalls are two different products.  For this reason, most chains have disabled the quantity feature.  Still, sometimes (particularly during busy periods) the casher may lose track of which boxes were scanned and which weren't.

Now, to adjust for discrepancies and to estimate loss by theft, companies will bring in professional auditors to count the product.  If you've been to a 24/7 store late at night you may have seen them in the aisles with their handheld scanners and shelf tags marking which items have been counted.  Again, if they see 8 Stanley figures on the shelf, they may not be aware that the red and white overall figures are two separate items.  

(Side story: When I worked retail, I would observe the auditors scanning action figures to make sure that they were scanning the figures one by one so we could be sure that we had the right count for each wave of Star Wars figures.  Then I would recount some sections.  Anytime our counts didn't match we'd recount again.  We'd sent auditors home who were caught taking shortcuts.  But not everyone is as ADHD as me and mistakes would get through.)  

I've been to a Walmart recently when the inventory tracker said that there were no Mortal Kombat 1upA machines and 2 Pac-Mans on clearance when I could clearly see the inverse was true.  Obviously no one stole 2 machines and replaced them with two different machines. Since I believe they come two to a case, I presume it was a warehouse mispick, but it could have been a bad inventory count as well.  

Anyway, there's a saying about not attributing to malice what can easily be explained away by carelessness.  At the least, I hope that aids in some understanding. 

bread's done
Back