Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
None of these clearances ever happen in the area I live in. Here they slap a UPC sticker on the package that always rings up at $19.99 when you guys are reporting those titles are on clearance.

Saw some more at a different Walmart by my office

PS4
Nier: Replicant - 10
Madden 21 - 10
Destroy All Humans - 15
Immortals: Phoenix Rising -30
WWE Battlegrounds - 10

Xbox One
Destroy All Humans

Switch
Bravely Default 2 - 40
Goosebumps - 20
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memories - 30

PC
Biomutant - 25
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth - 25
Anthem - 9
Super Dungeon Bros - 5

PS5
Immortals: Fennix Rising - 30

Not the best prices, but not the worst

Saw some more at a different Walmart by my office

PS4
Nier: Replicant - 10
Madden 21 - 10
Destroy All Humans - 15
Immortals: Phoenix Rising -30
WWE Battlegrounds - 10

Xbox One
Destroy All Humans

Switch
Bravely Default 2 - 40
Goosebumps - 20
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memories - 30

PC
Biomutant - 25
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth - 25
Anthem - 9
Super Dungeon Bros - 5

PS5
Immortals: Fennix Rising - 30

Not the best prices, but not the worst
Checked my local Walmart for Nier, it was regular price, but it was a fruitful trip:

Ghostbusters NSW - $5
NBA 2K21 PS5 - $5
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit PS4 - $5
Subnautica: Below Zero PS4 - $15
Desperados III PC: $2

They had Biomutants PC for $15 also, but I skipped that.

Walmart app is now forcing an update when you run it lol
Yeah, same here as well. I have been avoiding updating it on iOS ever since people first reported in-store price scanning going away and was greeted by the new UI and everything a few days ago. Scanning the UPC or doing a SKU search takes me to a generic product page now.

BS has been more and more busted for me. I tried the Replicant link and it just says No Results in Searched Area. I then try the link for a game I know at least some stores have and it gives me the same red box.

My store had a ton of copies of Nier: Replicant.  Rang up full price.  Got so mad that I knocked over a magazine rack on the way out

My store had a ton of copies of Nier: Replicant. Rang up full price. Got so mad that I knocked over a magazine rack on the way out
A magazine rack...in 2021?!

giphy.gif

It's an old classic CAG inside joke. If he would have the glitter the place that would totally be a different story.

Anyone know if there's some kind of workaround to be able to use an older version of the Walmart app to get in-store prices? I was using an old version and it was working until recently but now there is a splash screen that forces you to update. Frankly the new app sucks. I was at a store yesterday and it seems like you can get in-store prices on items if you are actually there but it fails to work on many items..... it just tells you something to the effect of "we don't have this item but here are some other suggestions"..... even though you may be physically scanning the fucking thing.

Anyone know if there's some kind of workaround to be able to use an older version of the Walmart app to get in-store prices? I was using an old version and it was working until recently but now there is a splash screen that forces you to update. Frankly the new app sucks. I was at a store yesterday and it seems like you can get in-store prices on items if you are actually there but it fails to work on many items..... it just tells you something to the effect of "we don't have this item but here are some other suggestions"..... even though you may be physically scanning the fucking thing.
the new app sucks cause they want you to pay for walmart+ to get the old functionality

Anyone know if there's some kind of workaround to be able to use an older version of the Walmart app
Nope. And I can't update mine if I even wanted to as the iphone I'm using right now is not supported by the new walmart app as it requires ios 13.0 or later and best I can do right now is 12.5.5. So I can't even use it anymore to even shop normally. On the bright side... I got back 178.7MB by deleting it. Which it was 50mb bigger than even Amazon's app.

My PS5 Far Cry 6 Gold edition Steelbook says it will arrive by October 7th. Has the $59.88 plus tax price still. I'm sure many others here got in on it. I still expect to get the standard edition but I will update here when it arrives.

My PS5 Far Cry 6 Gold edition Steelbook says it will arrive by October 7th. Has the $59.88 plus tax price still. I'm sure many others here got in on it. I still expect to get the standard edition but I will update here when it arrives.
Yea I got in on it too, mine says the same date

My local Walmart has been clearancing out a bunch of PlayStation games lately. I’ve picked up Death Stranding PS4 for $10 (will upgrade to PS5 for another $10) and AC Odyssey PS4 for $5. Though I missed out on The Pathless PS5 for $5 and a few others, unfortunately.

My local Walmart has been clearancing out a bunch of PlayStation games lately. I’ve picked up Death Stranding PS4 for $10 (will upgrade to PS5 for another $10) and AC Odyssey PS4 for $5. Though I missed out on The Pathless PS5 for $5 and a few others, unfortunately.
I have Odyssey already but I feel like my friend would love that game. Checked Brickseek...local store had it for $1 once upon a.

Damn.

Waiting for shipment on my Far Cry 6 Gold Edition as well. Got a price reduction from $59.96 to $59.80 months ago (pre order competitive price match :bouncy:). It's better than waiting for Target to merge the Gold SKU with the regular edition like with other Ubisoft titles, but we will see if it pays off.

:ps4: Just Cause 4 Gold Edition $5

:xb1: Just Cause 4 Gold Edition $15

:ps4: XCOM 2 Collection $5
It's going to be something if they ship the Gold. My order links to the standard edition now, if I click the link in my order.

It's going to be something if they ship the Gold. My order links to the standard edition now, if I click the link in my order.
Looking at my FedEx Tracking number, the package is 2 lbs. Pretty sure with the weight of the package that it will be a winner. We'll see come Thursday!

My email shows the Gold edition but it also takes me to the standard when I click on the link.

Looking at my FedEx Tracking number, the package is 2 lbs. Pretty sure with the weight of the package that it will be a winner. We'll see come Thursday!
Mine is also 2 pounds. Amazon says the standard Far Cry 6 game weighs 3.2 oz and the steelbook weighs 1 LB so odds are very good we are getting the Gold Steelbook. Supposed to arrive Thursday by 8 pm.

I can confirm that Walmart is sending the standard edition of FarCry 6 for those of us that took advantage of the pre-order glitch. No season pass, no steel book only a microfiber cloth and disappointment.

I can confirm that Walmart is sending the standard edition of FarCry 6 for those of us that took advantage of the pre-order glitch. No season pass, no steel book only a microfiber cloth and disappointment.
Is the cloth being sent to help wipe away the disappointment?

bread's done
Back