Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that Walmart is sending the standard edition of FarCry 6 for those of us that took advantage of the pre-order glitch. No season pass, no steel book only a microfiber cloth and disappointment.
I plan to argue with them since my email confirmation still says gold steel book edition.

I plan to argue with them since my email confirmation still says gold steel book edition.
In the middle of this process right now. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Update: Talked via chat. Asked to be transferred to a supervisor. They wouldn't give me the gold at the price promised, best they did was a $25 coupon.

In the middle of this process right now. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Update: Talked via chat. Asked to be transferred to a supervisor. They wouldn't give me the gold at the price promised, best they did was a $25 coupon.
If you can use that coupon in store that’s not so bad. The standard in store is the usual $10 off.

I can confirm that Walmart is sending the standard edition of FarCry 6 for those of us that took advantage of the pre-order glitch. No season pass, no steel book only a microfiber cloth and disappointment.
Have you talked with customer service about it? Did your package weigh 2 pounds?
If your order shows that you were supposed to get the gold steel Edition and you didn't, let customer service know.

Edit, just saw the post about calling them. I wonder how many of these orders happened. I'm also curious if it's another ymmy with people getting the gold edition and how many people will bother calling up and if everyone will get the same $25 coupon.

Have you talked with customer service about it? Did your package weigh 2 pounds?
If your order shows that you were supposed to get the gold steel Edition and you didn't, let customer service know.
I did. They told me to pack sand, basically. For them, It shows as the standard, and the item link is to the standard. I had to email them an image of my buying page. Still didn't do anything.

My package showed 2lbs. And my invoice said I was charged for 2 games (which wasn't the truth). Looks like wally world is forking up on all cylinders, here. You may have better luck, but Vanessa and the previous CSR weren't giving much on the topic. Bait and switch was not a concern.

I did. They told me to pack sand, basically. For them, It shows as the standard, and the item link is to the standard. I had to email them an image of my buying page. Still didn't do anything.

My package showed 2lbs. And my invoice said I was charged for 2 games (which wasn't the truth). Looks like wally world is forking up on all cylinders, here. You may have better luck, but Vanessa and the previous CSR weren't giving much on the topic. Bait and switch was not a concern.
I saw your post after I made mine and I have edited it. Well at least you got the $25 coupon. I don't understand how you can order something and get something different and the company doesn't care. I'll let you know my experience.

Update: after reaching out to chat twice they can't do an exchange but told me to return and come back for a price match. Side note, I checked my credit card and it doesn't look like I got charged. Not sure if they can even do a return or did I get lucky and get it free

Update: after reaching out to chat twice they can't do an exchange but told me to return and come back for a price match. Side note, I checked my credit card and it doesn't look like I got charged. Not sure if they can even do a return or did I get lucky and get it free
Fedex still has my copy, don't know wtf they are doing. But I think you're right, I don't think I was ever charged for Far Cry 6

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

What does that mean? A price match for what? Do you mean that after you return FC6 you call up and then get the Gold Steelbook for the $59.99?

Standard here as well. Best they would do is a $10 price adjustment. As a few others have said, I don't appear to have been charged. Checked statements and activity from Feb to now - no charge for Far Cry. Interesting ...

Standard here as well. Best they would do is a $10 price adjustment. As a few others have said, I don't appear to have been charged. Checked statements and activity from Feb to now - no charge for Far Cry. Interesting ...
I inquired about this during my chat and they said it was charged upon shipping. So the 5th for me. I don't see it on my CC, but I don't have hope that they won't get their money.

Just got mine. Regular version with the cloth and invoice charged me twice. Says the total amount is 131.02. I'm calling.
My invoice has 2 charged, too. I asked about this, too, and they said the charge on their end is normal. Seems an all-encompassing snafu over there.

Charge just showed up as pending on my credit card, so who knows if it will show up... since it's been such a PIA, I'm just doing an automatic return on walmart.com.  This is a waste of my time

Charge just showed up as pending on my credit card, so who knows if it will show up... since it's been such a PIA, I'm just doing an automatic return on walmart.com. This is a waste of my time
I may end up doing the same. I'll wait a few days to see if I'm charged, and if so, this game is going back. I'll wait for the typical ubi price drop.

Just got off the phone. Talked with Ivan. Put me on hold for 10 minutes checking back with me twice while he figured out what was going on. Told me that he sees that I did in fact order the Gold Edition but they sent the wrong one. Says he can process a refund or I can bring it back to the store and then I can order the Gold edition. I asked him if he could just send me the Gold edition and I can return the one they sent and he said the system will only let him send the standard. I then told him the Gold Price changed to 109.88 from the February pre order so he said that if I ordered it now, he would do a price adjustment so that's what I did! Sure enough, I got a refund of $54.53 confirmed with an email so I was charged the price I was supposed to back to Feb. Ivan is a rockstar so call and do what I just typed. When in doubt, ask to speak with Ivan.

Oh and I told him about the double charge and he said he only sees that I ordered one and the invoice is a mistake.

Yeah. They told me to do return and then come back to the chat to have it ordered on a price match. Not sure how it will work but I'll give it a shot. Not paying full price for Ubisoft since they drop so quick. Also my card finally got charged. Oh well

Was just charged as well, but still haven't gotten it from FedEx.  Game will be going back to Walmart tomorrow if it ever gets here.

Called Walmart and they ended up refunding me everything except tax and letting me keep the standard edition. Extremely lucky with that outcome. Maybe some of you can get the same result.

Called Walmart and they ended up refunding me everything except tax and letting me keep the standard edition. Extremely lucky with that outcome. Maybe some of you can get the same result.
WOW! Seems to be all over the place. You got a free game. Great deal. I am pretty satisfied with getting the Gold edition as it's what I ordered in the first place. I would suggest people here to hang up and speak to a different person or go on chat if the CS agent doesn't help you out.

Walmart pulled the old Target trick of years past of sending standard editions when you ordered CE.  I'm just waiting for the Ubisoft sale of this game in a month or two.

I just got a notification that my Far Cry 6 Gold steelbook I ordered today with the price match shipped and will be here tomorrow the 8th. Wow. That was quick. I guess they shipped it out Fed Ex 1 day or whatever.

My buddy who ordered Far Cry 6 Gold during the price mistake received the standard copy. From what I remember, I think the titles were on the wrong copies. I expected this to happen and decided not to order.

Besides, the game will plummet in price in the coming weeks and will probably be that price on Black Friday or before.

If it's the ps4 version GameStop gives $12 for it...
Looks like all platforms are $0.03 at some stores:

:ps4:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=905465231

:xb1:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=495181109

:pc:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=848056847

One store near me is showing stock of 2-3 for PC version but I was there recently and know for a fact that it's nowhere to be found. It's probably in the back somewhere waiting to be processed for salvage. Funnily enough someone actually put out the shelf tag showing 3 cents.

You can bypass the forced update screen in the app with airplane mode. As long as you keep the app as the active app on your phone, and don't lock your phone or let it go to sleep, you can use the app, although the scanner seems to be more finicky than it used to be but it still works.

If you switch apps or do something else that causes the app to give you the update screen, you'll have to clear the data for the app and start over.

I was trying to scan things at the store yesterday and had no luck at all for some reason, but scanning things at home on Brickseek does work here and there.

So ... tried again with support on getting the Gold edition. Rep said I could return the standard, buy the gold and attempt a price adjustment on it. No guarantee I'd get it though, supposedly since I already received one on the standard. So I said eff it, start a return for me. And ... Walmart just emailed saying I should get a $64 refund soon. They may have essentially paid me $10 not to keep Far Cry 6. 

Reinforcement that preordering anything from Walmart is an exercise in frustration and confusion.

my Schrodinger's copy of Far Cry 6 has been stuck in Memphis for a few days because Fedex is incompetent so I have to wait for it to get her late (if it ever gets here) before I can find out if I have to deal with customer service. 

So ... tried again with support on getting the Gold edition. Rep said I could return the standard, buy the gold and attempt a price adjustment on it. No guarantee I'd get it though, supposedly since I already received one on the standard. So I said eff it, start a return for me. And ... Walmart just emailed saying I should get a $64 refund soon. They may have essentially paid me $10 not to keep Far Cry 6.

Reinforcement that preordering anything from Walmart is an exercise in frustration and confusion.
Was told in chat yesterday to return the standard edition & then contact them back so I can order the Far Cry 6 Gold SteelBook edition for the reduced price. The person I spoke to today in chat put a ticket for me & cannot guarantee I will get the exact price match. I might get it or I might get some other lesser discount. I'll know more in 24-48 hours supposedly....

So ... tried again with support on getting the Gold edition. Rep said I could return the standard, buy the gold and attempt a price adjustment on it. No guarantee I'd get it though, supposedly since I already received one on the standard. So I said eff it, start a return for me. And ... Walmart just emailed saying I should get a $64 refund soon. They may have essentially paid me $10 not to keep Far Cry 6.

Was told in chat yesterday to return the standard edition & then contact them back so I can order the Far Cry 6 Gold SteelBook edition for the reduced price. The person I spoke to today in chat put a ticket for me & cannot guarantee I will get the exact price match. I might get it or I might get some other lesser discount. I'll know more in 24-48 hours supposedly....
You should have read through the thread and did what I did. I got the steelbook today for the $65 and returned the standard and was refunded $65. Then again, you could have said and done exactly what I did and not have gotten it. Seems like it's YMMY. Hell, one user was refunded and was able to just keep the game minus the tax.

I got a $55 dollar refund on a previous order so I could order the gold but the guy said I could just keep the standard if I wanted. I’m ok with this outcome

I got a $55 dollar refund on a previous order so I could order the gold but the guy said I could just keep the standard if I wanted. I’m ok with this outcome
What about the $65 charge for the the standard? He refunded you $55 on a previous order okay but won't you still be charged the $65 for the standard Far Cry 6? You paid $109 plus tax for the Gold? So you paid full price for gold, got $55 off another order and paid $65 for the standard? Or are you gonna send back or take back the standard FC6 and get the refund for $65 you've been charged but you can keep it if you want and not get a refund? Or do you mean he gave you $55 off the Gold edition, refunded your $65 for the Standard and then told you you don't need to bring the standard back? Or do you mean he simply refunded your credit card $55, you did not buy the Gold edition and you basically paid $10 for Far Cry 6? I am confused.

Eh … with all the hassle, I’m sort of glad I just cancelled my Far Cry 6 order … not worth the joys of Walmart customer service imo.

What about the $65 charge for the the standard? He refunded you $55 on a previous order okay but won't you still be charged the $65 for the standard Far Cry 6? You paid $109 plus tax for the Gold? So you paid full price for gold, got $55 off another order and paid $65 for the standard? Or are you gonna send back or take back the standard FC6 and get the refund for $65 you've been charged but you can keep it if you want and not get a refund? Or do you mean he gave you $55 off the Gold edition, refunded your $65 for the Standard and then told you you don't need to bring the standard back? Or do you mean he simply refunded your credit card $55, you did not buy the Gold edition and you basically paid $10 for Far Cry 6? I am confused.
I got it when the gold show $60. Since all my confirmations said gold they said they’d price match a gold for me but couldn’t figure out how so they refunded on an old order so I could still get a gold edition and return the standard they sent me. But yeah I can be ok with a $10 standard or get the gold for $60 after all is said and done

I got it when the gold show $60. Since all my confirmations said gold they said they’d price match a gold for me but couldn’t figure out how so they refunded on an old order so I could still get a gold edition and return the standard they sent me. But yeah I can be ok with a $10 standard or get the gold for $60 after all is said and done
The guy price matched the Gold on the phone with me. I placed an order for the gold and he refunded me $54.53. I had to return the standard though since my card was charged. I don't know why they couldn't do the same for you but it looks like they just went about it differently and just trusted you to get the gold. Interesting.

Looks like all platforms are $0.03 at some stores:

:ps4:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=905465231

:xb1:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=495181109

:pc:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=848056847

One store near me is showing stock of 2-3 for PC version but I was there recently and know for a fact that it's nowhere to be found. It's probably in the back somewhere waiting to be processed for salvage. Funnily enough someone actually put out the shelf tag showing 3 cents.
If it’s 3 cents they’re not going to sell you it, the system will literally tell employee not to sell the item. It will take a manager’s key to override this, so you had better be buddies with the employees and managers on duty

I know topchef got his to scan with no restrictions, we aren’t so lucky here in texas

The guy price matched the Gold on the phone with me. I placed an order for the gold and he refunded me $54.53. I had to return the standard though since my card was charged. I don't know why they couldn't do the same for you but it looks like they just went about it differently and just trusted you to get the gold. Interesting.
The guy even told me I could keep the regular instead if I wanted. I had to call back several times while they figured out what they wanted to do and I think cause of all the hassle already they didn’t want to deal with it anymore and neither did I really

If it’s 3 cents they’re not going to sell you it, the system will literally tell employee not to sell the item.
Not always, it seems to vary from game to game, or at least it did. I haven't found a 3 cent game in quite a while, but even after they started restricting 3 cent games, I managed to find some that were 3 cents and weren't restricted. Unfortunately the only way to really know if a game is restricted is to try to buy it.

If it’s 3 cents they’re not going to sell you it, the system will literally tell employee not to sell the item. It will take a manager’s key to override this, so you had better be buddies with the employees and managers on duty

I know topchef got his to scan with no restrictions, we aren’t so lucky here in texas
Actually, in my experiences following the news that broke some months ago of them starting to restrict the sale of 3 cent items I have still managed to pick up several at that price that I found. Some items have been restricted while others not, and whether that comes down to the store location or the particular item I'm not sure. Seems like a mixed bag.

Local Fedex being real pricks, today the 3rd day they didn't deliver Far Cry 6 from Walmart, same excuse I'm not home. Security cam didn't pick up anybody on the doorstep at the time it was scanned.

Local Fedex being real pricks, today the 3rd day they didn't deliver Far Cry 6 from Walmart, same excuse I'm not home. Security cam didn't pick up anybody on the doorstep at the time it was scanned.

did you call and complain? fedex tried to say they couldn't deliver my package from chewy because i wasn't home to sign for it even though chewy doesn't require signatures... i called and complained and they delivered it the next day. I am assuming they don't have enough drivers and are picking and choosing what they deliver.

Found a Corsair K60 RGB mechanical keyboard marked down from $100 to $5. All the other Walmarts near me still have it at $79, but the SKU is 708636267 if anyone is curious.

bread's done
Back