Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this Sherlock-level deduction at work here. Seriously dude, what is your occupation? You seem to be smarter than the average bear. I really appreciate your responses. The refund has been sent but will process in 3-7 days. I happened to snag a white Switch OLED at a gamestop near my job yesterday with trade credit. So this worked out well luckily for me. Thanks brosky
what region are you in? western new york gamestops got their small OLED restock last week. I want to use my trade credit too but I need to hit the store at the right time

So what's in the box?
Some next level grimy shit. I took a video of the unboxing.[attachment=36248:A44901A5-6123-4656-A008-2D971EF1D9D6.jpeg][attachment=36249:D5A4A29B-7BC6-42A6-913F-384BC0C78FBC.jpeg][attachment=36250:55E8640A-31D4-4F70-A336-9EAD1CD8D76F.jpeg][attachment=36251:0A429A27-8221-4AA8-BC11-825E5EF9093B.jpeg][attachment=36253:988415AB-693D-4DAC-87B2-993569F96D32.jpeg][attachment=36254:5283A24E-E385-48AC-AB1F-D39451B86258.jpeg]

Whoever stole that Switch,
[attachment=36255:166445C6-0C32-4700-9B13-56D15212EB95.gif]

what region are you in?
Central jersey. But I work in eastern PA near Bethlehem. I just called a local GS around 11 am and they happened to have extras. Got lucky as this was in a small strip mall- not a lot of foot traffic. These are easier to get than ps5 or series.

Credit card companies will always side with their clients. I lost the money and the items :\
One of the many reasons I stopped selling on ebay a while ago. I Just use FB Marketplace. Got scammed with Venmo once. Now I just stick to cash, Zelle or trades.

what region are you in? western new york gamestops got their small OLED restock last week. I want to use my trade credit too but I need to hit the store at the right time
When I got mine, the only place that still had it in stock was the one by the Walden galleria. A little ghetto, but the employee was really nice

Some next level grimy shit. I took a video of the unboxing. Whoever stole that Switch, I hope all the bad things in the world happen to you and only you!
attachicon.gif
A44901A5-6123-4656-A008-2D971EF1D9D6.jpeg
attachicon.gif
D5A4A29B-7BC6-42A6-913F-384BC0C78FBC.jpeg
attachicon.gif
55E8640A-31D4-4F70-A336-9EAD1CD8D76F.jpeg
attachicon.gif
0A429A27-8221-4AA8-BC11-825E5EF9093B.jpeg
attachicon.gif
988415AB-693D-4DAC-87B2-993569F96D32.jpeg
attachicon.gif
5283A24E-E385-48AC-AB1F-D39451B86258.jpeg
attachicon.gif
166445C6-0C32-4700-9B13-56D15212EB95.gif
Looks like it was 100% taken by whoever packed it, which would make sense like the other guy said

I'm a software engineer. Good logic, poor people skills :p

I had something similar happen to me in the past but from the seller's perspective. I sold something on eBay and the buyer claimed the box came with stuff missing. I used the shipping weight as recorded by USPS to prove I had shipped everything. eBay sided with me. Considering how often eBay sides with the buyer, that shows how strong my argument was. Unfortunately, the buyer then did a chargeback and that was the end of it. Credit card companies will always side with their clients. I lost the money and the items :\

Great you could find another one ^^
This is why I am terrified of selling on eBay.

One of the many reasons I stopped selling on ebay a while ago. I Just use FB Marketplace. Got scammed with Venmo once. Now I just stick to cash, Zelle or trades.
This is why I am terrified of selling on eBay.
I haven't sold on eBay since then. I asked eBay and PayPal afterwards what I could have done differently to avoid being scammed like this, and they admitted "the system is broken".

I have a Series X coming in tomorrow from WM. Really hope my box is heavy ^^;

I have a Series X coming in tomorrow from WM. Really hope my box is heavy ^^;
I think mine was a rare occurrence. I’ve never had this happen before but it’s not totally unexpected. These have been hard times for a lot of folks and holidays are right around the corner. Always be diligent I guess.
Enjoy your Series X- its my console of choice this gen!

Wow that's seriously messed up. I didn't realize the original Switch packaging would be in there. Obviously a theft situation. Hey you know since you have the packaging the console's serial number should be on a sticker (assuming it's still there) on the bottom side edge of that upper 'tray' cardboard piece that held the Joy-Cons and the console itself. If you wanted to you could give the serial # to Nintendo and report it as stolen property so maybe it would come back to bite the guilty party in some way. That's what I would do anyway.

I had something similar happen to me in the past but from the seller's perspective. I sold something on eBay and the buyer claimed the box came with stuff missing. I used the shipping weight as recorded by USPS to prove I had shipped everything. eBay sided with me. Considering how often eBay sides with the buyer, that shows how strong my argument was. Unfortunately, the buyer then did a chargeback and that was the end of it. Credit card companies will always side with their clients. I lost the money and the items :\

Not always but I won a case a year ago when a buyer did a chargeback on me. Sold a pair of used Jordan retro 1s on eBay and a month later I received a message from eBay the buyer claimed he did not recognize the purchase for this amount that appears on his credit card statement and that a chargeback was filed. eBay then added a negative balance of $170 hold on my account and asked me to provide evidence showing it was shipped and delivered. I gave eBay the tracking number, uploaded a copy of shipping label postage and photo of the package as a bonus (I always take a photo of the package with the address label showing before dropping them off at the USPS) and a week later I won the case and my hold was lifted.

If you wanted to you could give the serial # to Nintendo and report it as stolen property so maybe it would come back to bite the guilty party in some way.
That’s actually a great idea.
It’s actually all kinds of messed up on the thieves part since they stole the contents but left the empty OLED box in the packaged box. If I took this to a store after I had already opened the package, the store could have accused me of return fraud since it came with the Switch Oled box. Fortunately, I made an unboxing video and Fedex also recorded a different shipping weight. Calling customer service was the way to go here.
Edit: I wonder if the thief had the foresight to place another Oled box that has a different serial number than the one they stole.

they usually arent planning that far ahead man

no one does this sorta thing unless theyre desperate or dumb

It’s actually all kinds of messed up on the thieves part since they stole the contents but left the empty OLED box in the packaged box. If I took this to a store after I had already opened the package, the store could have accused me of return fraud since it came with the Switch Oled box. Fortunately, I made an unboxing video and Fedex also recorded a different shipping weight. Calling customer service was the way to go here.
Edit: I wonder if the thief had the foresight to place another Oled box that has a different serial number than the one they stole.
Did you report your findings to Walmart? They probably won't care, but maybe someone will want to find out who the thief among their employees is.

How did you get scammed with Venmo if you don't mind me asking? I don't have an account with them but I've thought about it so I was just curious.

That really suck dude, no doubt. However, technically the seller is responsible up until the moment of delivery, including the part of the process where the package is in the hands of the carrier where there is the (hopefully small) potential for theft, damage, or loss. That's why when if I sell something high value enough I make sure to insure it. Then if something goes awry like in the above example you can file a claim. Anyway sorry, I hope you didn't lose out too much on this one.

This sort of thing is 75% more prone to happening because Nintendo is shipping unsealed, minimalist console boxes; it simply invites thievery.

This sort of thing is 75% more prone to happening because Nintendo is shipping unsealed, minimalist console boxes; it simply invites thievery.
Well if someone feels bold enough to steal like in the example above then I don't think a sticker seal is going to make a lick of difference to them. Pretty sure anyone at any step in the pipeline is going to have ready access to an object that can easily break said seal, like a box cutter, a key in their pocket, or hell, even the tip of a pen.

I love this Sherlock-level deduction at work here. Seriously dude, what is your occupation? You seem to be smarter than the average bear. I really appreciate your responses. The refund has been sent but will process in 3-7 days. I happened to snag a white Switch OLED at a gamestop near my job yesterday with trade credit. So this worked out well luckily for me. Thanks brosky
At least with the empty Switch box, you didn’t have to worry about it getting damaged by the FedEx guy tossing it on your porch like he’s shooting a jump shot. Glad it worked out for you, and really enjoyed seeing all the help you got in this thread!

How did you get scammed with Venmo if you don't mind me asking?.
So I learned the hard way that buyers can ask for their money back and get a refund. I sold a brand new Nintendo switch on Marketplace and buyer paid with Venmo. Apparently it’s against their terms of service to conduct business transactions on Venmo, is what I was told. It is intended to be used for family/friends- people you trust. So buyer complained, got his money back and kept the Switch. And my Venmo account got flagged and then locked 🤦🏽‍♂️

That really suck dude, no doubt. However, technically the seller is responsible up until the moment of delivery, including the part of the process where the package is in the hands of the carrier where there is the (hopefully small) potential for theft, damage, or loss. That's why when if I sell something high value enough I make sure to insure it. Then if something goes awry like in the above example you can file a claim. Anyway sorry, I hope you didn't lose out too much on this one.
I had shipping insurance but didn't file a claim. This was a scam buyer. I did not want to shift the blame to another innocent party.

So I learned the hard way that buyers can ask for their money back and get a refund. I sold a brand new Nintendo switch on Marketplace and buyer paid with Venmo. Apparently it’s against their terms of service to conduct business transactions on Venmo, is what I was told. It is intended to be used for family/friends- people you trust. So buyer complained, got his money back and kept the Switch. And my Venmo account got flagged and then locked ‍♂
Thank you for sharing your experience. I think most of us on CAG have resold on various marketplaces. I did not know that about Venmo. I will be careful of that. I have been pretty lucky (knock on wood) in avoiding scam buyers. I have a bunch of Sega Saturn stuff I want to move but I have been scared of getting burned through the online marketplaces. I will just document , document , document

Thank you for sharing your experience. I think most of us on CAG have resold on various marketplaces. I did not know that about Venmo. I will be careful of that. I have been pretty lucky (knock on wood) in avoiding scam buyers. I have a bunch of Sega Saturn stuff I want to move but I have been scared of getting burned through the online marketplaces. I will just document , document , document
Yup document, take numerous photos, write detail descriptions. I have not been scammed knock on wood. Quite a few games I sold went from 75$-150 when I was cleaning out my backlog.

I also always send out a message to buyers when I ship it out. One thing that I never thought of was taking pictures of the package with the label.

It's not the Halo edition is it?
Regular. Don't think the Halo edition comes out until Nov 25. I'm fine with either one. Just want a Series X.

-Update-

Nov 15 is US date. Should have noticed when I googled for the release date that they mentioned eb games instead of gamestop.

Don't think my Series X is coming today. Despite the tracking's insistence that the delivery is on time and FedEx texted me yesterday to be ready to sign for a package today, tracking still shows it located in another state >_>

-Update 2-

Got the Series X. Shipping box was heavy. Video taped opening it just to be sure ^^;

It sucks but as shadowysea97 states, take pictures and send those pictures to the shipper before shipping.

Also, never use payments not directly from the service you are selling on. If someone wants to use PayPal outside of eBay, ignore it. You have no protections outside of those services. Protect yourself and don't try to circumvent the process.

It sucks but as shadowysea97 states, take pictures and send those pictures to the Uber before shipping.

Also, never use payments not directly from the service you are selling on. If someone wants to use PayPal outside of eBay, ignore it. You have no protections outside of those services. Protect yourself and don't try to circumvent the process.
I actually received a stringent warning from Ebay a couple years ago when I responded with interest to someone who wanted to buy over Paypal and circumvent the fees. Used to do that a few times, but not anymore. Can't jeopardize my account that's in good standing. They have all sorts of screening in place to prevent users from trading contact info and detect sellers trying to sell away from Ebay now.

It seems like only bad things come from receiving messages these days. They are never helpful, nor lead to sales. I barely even pay attention to them anymore. So many sociopathic window shoppers, scammers, lowballers, and tattletalers.

PS5 Godfall $15

PS5 NBA 2K21 $5

PS5 Just Dance 2021 $5

PS5 Nioh Collection $45

:ps4: Star Wars Squadrons $9

:xb1: Seagate Game Drive 2TB Grey $21.25

The 2TB Drive was $40 at the store I was at this morning. I don't really need storage but the $21.25 price would be tempting as a backup.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2 for PS5 was also on the bottom of the case with the other clearance items but with no posted price. Brickseek does not show any data for different zip codes that I tried. There might be a possibility of a deal but since no one was around (and I already own the game), I didn't check. This same store was the one in my area that had PS5 Ghost of Tsushima DC for $35 so there might be a deal out there lurking... 

PS5 Godfall $15
PS5 NBA 2K21 $5
PS5 Just Dance 2021 $5
PS5 Nioh Collection $45
:xb1: Seagate Game Drive 2TB Grey $21.25

The 2TB Drive was $40 at the store I was at this morning. I don't really need storage but the $21.25 price would be tempting as a backup.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2 for PS5 was also on the bottom of the case with the other clearance items but with no posted price. Brickseek does not show any data for different zip codes that I tried. There might be a possibility of a deal but since no one was around (and I already own the game), I didn't check. This same store was the one in my area that had PS5 Ghost of Tsushima DC for $35 so there might be a deal out there lurking...
THPS apparently was $10 at stores near me. I have the regular PS4 version so no free upgrade for me. I'd have bit at $10.

THPS apparently was $10 at stores near me. I have the regular PS4 version so no free upgrade for me. I'd have bit at $10.
I went back to the store to check the price of THPS & to grab a second copy of :ps4: Chivalry II which dropped from $20 to $10. Price for THPS 1&2 PS5 in store at this location was $41.98. I would have bit at $10 as well as I haven't paid for the upgrade yet, but it was not to be...

PS5 Godfall $15

PS5 NBA 2K21 $5

PS5 Just Dance 2021 $5

PS5 Nioh Collection $45

:xb1: Seagate Game Drive 2TB Grey $21.25

wow the 2tb external is 15 slightly nearby. Says limited stock though but might be worth the trip. Thanks for posting.

At least with the empty Switch box, you didn’t have to worry about it getting damaged by the FedEx guy tossing it on your porch like he’s shooting a jump shot. Glad it worked out for you, and really enjoyed seeing all the help you got in this thread!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YrpmZFixp0

I want nothing to do with it. Walmart gave me a full refund. I intend to drop off the full package with the OLED box back to a Walmart store this week.
The store will probably just throw it away. It didn't come from them so they won't care about who stole it.

Was there a serial number you could report to Nintendo?

So I learned the hard way that buyers can ask for their money back and get a refund. I sold a brand new Nintendo switch on Marketplace and buyer paid with Venmo. Apparently it’s against their terms of service to conduct business transactions on Venmo, is what I was told. It is intended to be used for family/friends- people you trust. So buyer complained, got his money back and kept the Switch. And my Venmo account got flagged and then locked 🤦🏽‍♂️
Wonder if it’s the same for Apple Pay

[quote name="Indiana Jones" post="14431151" timestamp="1635142296"Was there a serial number you could report to Nintendo?]
The store didn’t want it and said they would just throw it away. There is no serial number, just a barcode.

[quote name="Indiana Jones" post="14431151" timestamp="1635142296"Was there a serial number you could report to Nintendo?]
The store didn’t want it and said they would just throw it away. There is no serial number, just a barcode.
The serial number may not be obvious. Sony started coding the serial numbers on their boxes back during the PS2 era I think. If you want, give Nintendo a call and give them the situation. It would be awesome if they had a way to track the system to shut down the thief.

the serial number is obvious on the switch box if it's there.  that part of the box might have been removed with the inner contents though.

GNQcLDe.jpg

I have a Switch OLED. As seen in the above photo, the bottom edge of the cardboard tray that held the Joy-Cons and console itself is where the system's serial # should be (assuming it's still there). It should line up with the cut-out on the outer box so that the serial # could be seen from the outside on the bottom panel above the UPC code.

On a side note: Theoretically I should think Walmart would have a record of all the serial #'s and which is getting sent to whom, kind of how like when you walk into a store and buy a console and the system serial # is documented on the receipt, but then again knowing just how atrocious they are at proper inventory management in their stores perhaps one can't put it past them to fumble such details like this as well.

PS5 Nioh collection - $7
All $3 or $4 PS5:
Just dance 2021
Immortals fenyx rising
Balan wonderworld (switch too)
Fortnite the last laugh bundle

I dont know what exactly he did, but my local store was the only one with Nioh still scanning full price so I asked an employee in electronics who had a handheld if the "nationwide rollback" prices had to be approved or pushed through.  I never mentioned the $7 price and after like 20 seconds on his handheld he just goes "oh Wow, $7" and I guess approved the price drop as it then rang up at the clearnace price

*Edit*

I guess when he did the update it updated all the games because as soon as I got home I noticed its showing JD, Balan, Immortals, etc for $3-4

So is there no way for me to check if these games are on clearance anymore besides asking an employee? I have an iphone and it auto updated while I was in store checking prices awhile back.

bread's done
Back