Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed a copy of Nier Collection for $7 for me and a friend, they still had like 5+ which surprised me. Brickseek usually fails me on games, especially newer ones

Iron Man VR PS4 can be added to the list at $4.   Seems like most stores have already been hit.  1st store i stopped at the dude had pretty much cleaned at the store. Lucky the 2nd store i stopped at had a few games.

Nice haul thanks to above posts. 7 games for $27. Pathless $4 also.
[attachment=36265:B9CE340E-10EF-4F6C-944A-01D8753EDCAF.jpeg]
[attachment=36267:EE327D06-F230-48A4-B8D8-4A11AD77A9CA.jpeg]
Also spotted a SwOled in the wild![attachment=36268:85B0C617-5C81-4BB9-89B3-497DEEBF3657.jpeg]

Awesome posts dudes, grabbed a copy of Nioh and Fenyx at my local store. Wanted Balan as well out of curiosity but couldn't find it and didn't want to look around the mess that my store is currently.

Closest one showing any in stock or maybe in stock is 11 miles away. I will probably go tomorrow and see if I can find any. Those are better than black friday prices. I bought Ironman right when it came out. Immortals is a great Breath of the Wild clone. The Walmart I'll be going to shows the PS5 version for $4 and says they have some.

I had some fantastic luck today! :D

G5VTJvL.jpg

I checked out a nearby WM after work today and I was able to get:
$4 Switch - Balan Wonderworld
$4 PS4 - Balan Wonderworld
$4 PS4 - Immortals Fenyx Rising
$4 PS4 - Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Standard Case)
$4 PS5 - Immortals Fenyx Rising
$7 PS5 - Nioh Collection  *This one was missing half of its shrink-wrap but it was the only copy and the discs looked fine*

$4 PS5 - Overcooked All You Can Eat

$4 PS5 - The Pathless

I swung by another store that had a bunch of Switch & XB1 games on clearance for $15-25 but only picked up:
$25 Switch - Subnautica + Subnautica: Below Zero

I went out of my way a bit to scope out another store but it sadly had nothing of interest.

However, I saw the post in this thread stating Death Stranding on PS4 was down to $2 and recalled seeing a bunch of copies at the first store so I stopped back in on my way home.

I'm extremely glad I did because I found even more games I wanted!

$4 Switch - Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
$2 PS4 - Death Stranding
$4 PS4 - Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Day Ichi Steelbook)
$3.50 PS5 - Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
$4 PS5 - Puyo Puyo Tetris 2

I grabbed an extra copy of the Nioh Collection at my local store so my friend (who was one of the translators for the first game!) and I can play online together whenever we actually get PS5s.

I also found this Neca Macready figure from The Thing for $20 at the first store!
It just released this month so I have no clue why/how it was already on clearance.

YY8Iacy.jpg

Is this a national clearance or 'YMMV one store in the entire US' clearance?

Edit: I wish I knew sooner, though stores around me are either showing out of stock, random prices, or MSRP. It's to late to call and check now, and I truly don't have time tomorrow to go hunting.

Closest one showing any in stock or maybe in stock is 11 miles away. I will probably go tomorrow and see if I can find any. Those are better than black friday prices. I bought Ironman right when it came out. Immortals is a great Breath of the Wild clone. The Walmart I'll be going to shows the PS5 version for $4 and says they have some.
Check again before you leave, because people attacking tonight and a store closer could drop tomorrow

Similar thing here.  Over lunch I went to a store showing 2-3 of most >$5 titles on brickseek.  An employee told me a guy bought every single clearance game, in addition to two oled consoles, about an hour prior.  

Despite the games being listed as marked down on Brickseek they were ringing up full price yesterday, Checked back this morning and the inventory count was off so I thought a reseller got to them last night, rolled up and saw most still there. Nabbed a Nioh and PS4 Fenyx. Good score, thanks for the heads up, peeps.

They also had Butterball turkeys for .89/lb, which was a hell of a deal but none were over 16lbs. I need a big one for all the wonderful things you can make out of the leftovers.

anyone have any luck with nier r ps4? someone a while back mentioned it was 10 bucks. not sure if fluke or what

Does it still work to buy an item at one Walmart and do a return/rebuy at the Walmart that has the price reflecting at the clearance price?

Small list of current game markdowns. Full list posted in the discord as usual. 
(If you can't get into the discord, you were likely kicked from being in it before and being inactive)

$3.50 Indivisible, 505 Games, Nintendo Switch, 812872017211
$3.50 New Super Lucky's Tale, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo, 045496596989
$4.00 Balan Wonderworld, Square Enix, Nintendo Switch, 662248924656

$4.00 Madden NFL 21: Next Level Edition - Xbox Series X, Xbox One

$2.00 Nioh 2, Sony, Playstation 4, 711719529293
$4.00 Balan Wonderworld, Square Enix, PlayStation 4

$2.00 NBA 2K21, 2K - PlayStation 5

Does it still work to buy an item at one Walmart and do a return/rebuy at the Walmart that has the price reflecting at the clearance price?
It does, but YMMV if you get an employee that questions it and gets a manager involved. I wouldn't do it with multiples or too many returns at the same store in a short time span.

Are we being trolled, or why are Guilty Gear PS5, Sackboy PS5, Nier R mentioned on this page?
someone a couple weeks ago said it was along with yakuza, genuinely asking here cause my brickseek says none in my area even though i know thats not the case

Just came from 1 store that all the games in stock but Saying now placing them in back and returning them.
As in they were removing them from the floor? That would explain why one Walmart I went to had nearly everything showing in stock but not a trace of a single copy of those games.

someone a couple weeks ago said it was along with yakuza, genuinely asking here cause my brickseek says none in my area even though i know thats not the case
Yeah, Nier has popped up a few times in this thread over the last few months. Not a troll or anything, it just doesn't seem as widespread a clearance.

And yeah it just doesn't show up on brickseek properly, which makes tracking down a clearance copy annoying.

Nier Replicant was on clearance at one of my Walmart for $20 a few weeks ago. I did not pick it up. Pretty sure the game will retail at $20 soon or in a few months.

As in they were removing them from the floor? That would explain why one Walmart I went to had nearly everything showing in stock but not a trace of a single copy of those games.
They put them all in the back. I saw the hand scanner and brickseek was accurate but They weren’t selling them.

My store was looking for all the clearance games as I walked in, I ended up looking in the bargain bin and found all of the $2 PS4 games and bought them all. The manager was giving me ugly looks the entire time but there wasn't anything they could do since they were all clearanced out and not $0.03.

I found...
Nioh 2
Uncharted the lost legacy
Super lucky tales
Just dance 2021 PS4 and 5
Puyo puyo 2 switch and ps5
Death stranding

At other stores I found...
Immortal Phoenix rising pS4 and 5
DMC 5 special edition PS5
Fortnite last laugh PS5
Overcooked all you can eat PS5
Balan Wonderworld switch and PS4
Monster energy supercross PS5

if you are the cag who spent like 5 min on his phone in front of the switch case in this walmart
ask the lady in electronics, they are in the process of either marking them down or sending them away. i asked and bought one of each, plenty left

if you are the cag who spent like 5 min on his phone in front of the switch case in this walmart
ask the lady in electronics, they are in the process of either marking them down or sending them away. i asked and bought one of each, plenty left
A lurker somewhere just started sweating profusely lol

Had to go pickup something for a diy costume for my kid.  Swung by electronics even though brickseek said that Walmart didn’t have anything.  Found Super Lucky’s tale for the switch for $3.50.  I think the only reason I got it is that brickseek said they were OOS.  

bread's done
Back