Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone get me nioh 2 collection for $12 shipped? As far as I know this is the only way to get Nioh 1 with DLC on PS5. (unless you get it seperately digitally).

All I really want besides DMC5 Special. I can trade  monster energy, pathless, planet coaster, etc if i can find them at the walmart im going to tomorrow

can anyone get me nioh 2 collection for $12 shipped? As far as I know this is the only way to get Nioh 1 with DLC on PS5. (unless you get it seperately digitally).

All I really want besides DMC5 Special. I can trade monster energy, pathless, planet coaster, etc if i can find them at the walmart im going to tomorrow
I will look for you. I tried 2 Walmarts today and only found Nioh 2. I will go to at least one more tomorrow. I am looking for Immortals but I would trade you Pathless if I can find the Nioh Collection.

I will look for you. I tried 2 Walmarts today and only found Nioh 2. I will go to at least one more tomorrow. I am looking for Immortals but I would trade you Pathless if I can find the Nioh Collection.
Imma try my 4 Wal-Mart's, just downloaded the walmart app to scan the games but is there a chance for other walmarts to have them on clearance?

Always have them use the store scanner as it shows there store only. If you scan via the Walmart app on phone it will always pull it up from what the online site shows. Either have someone manually scan using the store device or pick the ones you want and scan them at one of the price checkers around the store.
Will price be different than what it shows for brickseek? I know stock can be but I usually don't see difference in price.

Will price be different than what it shows for brickseek? I know stock can be but I usually don't see difference in price.
I just looked on that site from slickdeals I have some in stock hopefully I can get a copy. Wonder if I have to say something about the clearance and sky or whatever.

Well my local Walmart still has the Nioh Collection for $69 according to Brickseek.  I assume that means the price hasn't changed at the store yet.  Has anyone had any success where Brickseek showed the full price but the games rang up the clearance price?

Well my local Walmart still has the Nioh Collection for $69 according to Brickseek. I assume that means the price hasn't changed at the store yet. Has anyone had any success where Brickseek showed the full price but the games rang up the clearance price?
No. BS will always be correct.

I struck out like always with these clearances. But at least I gained two bits of information: I always called it Balan Wonderland instead of Wonderworld, and I also never noticed how easy it is to look for a SKU on Brickseek. Just type in the name and click the right product.

Anyone know if the PS5 version of Control has also gone down to that price? One of those games that says no results found on brickseek despite the fact I know my local store has a bunch of them on the clearance shelf.

Na both of the Wal-Mart's that was suppose to have some in stock didnt have any. South side one had everything hidden in a draw and she didnt see any. The other said check later the shipment havent arrived or something so i call bull.

I struck out like always with these clearances. But at least I gained two bits of information: I always called it Balan Wonderland[]/i instead of Wonderworld, and I also never noticed how easy it is to look for a SKU on Brickseek. Just type in the name and click the right product.

That's so weird, I thought it was wonderland too 🤯

Anyone know if the PS5 version of Control has also gone down to that price? One of those games that says no results found on brickseek despite the fact I know my local store has a bunch of them on the clearance shelf.
Negative. Still came up 14.xx

Wait what, Control PS5 is $14? Thats good enough for me. Can anyone confirm if this is everywhere?
It's been that price at my local store for a few weeks now. That is why I asked about it going even further since I was hoping it had continued to drop.

Snagged Indivisible for Switch at the Avon, CT store for tree fiddy, there was one copy left if anyone is in the area. Everything else was cleared out

Was told by another employee that another employee usually keep them for himself so he can resale them himself. Waste of time I see why I never bother coming in clearance thread

To all CAG friends in the southeast Wisconsin area.

Brown Deer and Hartford stores are gold mines for the PS5 games! Brown deer especially. I left 5-10 copies each of dmc5, nioh collection, Fortnite, immortals, balan, overcooked, and just dance.

Didn't confirm all are at clearance prices, but brickseek was way off on quantity.

GO GO GO!!!! Good luck everyone!

Brown Deer and Hartford stores are gold mines for the PS5 games! Brown deer especially. I left 5-10 copies each of dmc5, nioh collection, Fortnite, immortals, balan, overcooked, and just dance.
Didn't confirm all are at clearance prices, but brickseek was way off on quantity.
can you pick some up for me?

Decent Walmart visit today. The shelves still had normal prices on them, so the store wasn't cleaned out yet.

Picked up:

:xb1: Control Ultimate Ed - $3 ($30 on shelf)

:ps4: Yakuza Like a Dragon - $4 (no price on shelf)

:ps4: Death Stranding - $2 ($40 on shelf) (this one showed as oos on BS, but there were plenty of copies)

Saw :switch: Balan Wonderworld for $4 but decided I rather have the $4 ^^;

Grabbed 3x 6ft Monster HDMI with led for $3 ea.

red: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=400664513

blue: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=914594029

These are 4K 60Hz, so pass if you need 4K 120Hz for X/PS5.

-Edit- Forgot to mention, if you can find Immortals for $4, get it. I put 90 hours in and loved it!

Just got Immortals for PS4 in Rocky Hill, CT. Again one copy of it left if anyone wants it. Also a copy of Death Stranding for two bucks on the rack. Everything else was cleared out again.

Took a chance on a run to a store 30 minutes away and managed to nab the following:

Devil May Cry 5 - PS5
The Pathless - PS5

Nioh Collection - PS5
NBA 2K21 - PS5
Iron Man VR - PS4
Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Day One Ichi Steelbook - PS4
Indivisible - Switch
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - Switch

Left copies of every one of the games on the shelf.

Thanks to everyone for the lists!

Exact same for me in South West Wisconsin.

Brickseek said they were out of things and they had 4 or 5 of them. Great little adventure into the country this morning.

So Brickseek shows my local Walmart has 2-3 copies of Nioh collection. Should I look for it in some clearance section? If it is not in the clearance section and is in the regular display, would it still checkout at clearance price?

So Brickseek shows my local Walmart has 2-3 copies of Nioh collection. Should I look for it in some clearance section? If it is not in the clearance section and is in the regular display, would it still checkout at clearance price?
Yes (if your local Walmart actually has a clearance section--not all do) and yes.

If anyone has extra copies of nioh dmc or death stranding and doesn’t mind sending them I can pay you. Someone grabbed everything near me and put it up on OfferUp…..

Reminder to everyone to check the regular clearance aisle/sections! Not just electronics. Just hit one store that had nothing in the actual gaming department, but stacks and stacks in the plastic cases over in the normal, sad, disorganized clearance corner that some store have

Absolute and complete disappointment about an hour ago at the Walmart in Simi Valley, CA. The store was supposed to be filled to the brim with almost all of the clearance games listed before, but when I walked in I found no trace of any of them in the vastly minimized game section (only one row for all three systems, new and value games all mixed together, no perceivable type of organization). There was also a small end cap with games clearly tagged as clearance, but nothing noteworthy or substantial there, and there was nothing in the assigned clearance row on the other end of the store. I went up to the two employees working electronics (who were clearly not busy nor enthusiastic about their current post), and asked them if they could check the back for games their website said they had in stock (started with Iron Man VR and Death Stranding since I figured they’d raise less suspicion). One was totally clueless and the other mentioned something about the person actually in charge of electronics would be back in half an hour to restock the game section for anything that wasn’t already out out, completely ignoring my actual question. Since I was swinging by before a doctor’s appointment and couldn’t afford to wait, I just left in a daze on how unhelpful everyone involved had been. It’s a shame because that WM is normally a clearance gold mine, but I remembered why I don’t usually go out of my way to visit it as it’s a good 25 miles away from my home and I don’t venture out that way for much of anything anymore. At least others are having better success than me!

Found a copy of NIOH 2 and someone had swapped the disc and painted it up to “look” like a real copy
They had resealed the game and I didn’t notice it since the associate pulled it from the case for me. [attachment=36272:362F4509-B0F1-4BEB-91F0-3D9DBB66D4BD.jpeg]

Reminder to everyone to check the regular clearance aisle/sections! Not just electronics. Just hit one store that had nothing in the actual gaming department, but stacks and stacks in the plastic cases over in the normal, sad, disorganized clearance corner that some store have
just sitting in the corner in plastic cases or actually marked clearance?

Went back to look for Planet Coaster since Brickseek said it should be in stock. Struck out on that, but found Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for 5 bucks, PS4.

Found a copy of NIOH 2 and someone had swapped the disc and painted it up to “look” like a real copy
They had resealed the game and I didn’t notice it since the associate pulled it from the case for me.
p0ffi01.jpg

They had resealed the game and I didn’t notice it since the associate pulled it from the case for me. 362F4509-B0F1-4BEB-91F0-3D9DBB66D4BD.jpeg
The guy that actually cares about giving the games people, said something about them being recalled anyway some of these worker needs to be fired for resaling

BS was showing either none or limited stock at my local Walmart but I decided to try anyway. There were 4 different sections with some consoles mixed with others. Lady told me all the games they had were out on the floor. Most of them were in alphabetical order so it was pretty easy to look for the games. Nothing. Asked her to scan some of the games and she acts like I asked her to give me her right arm. Anyway, after she scanned like 5 telling me they don't have it, I gave up. I looked again and then for some external SSDs but nothing. Bought some food and left. I am done looking. Went to 3 Walmarts within a 12 mile radius and was able to get 5 games from the 2 others yesterday. Still wanting to trade for Immortals and or The Pathless so let me know. I have PS5 Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, PS4 Iron Man and PS4 Nioh 2. Gonna keep and play Death stranding and Lost Legacy.

Hmmm...hit my first WalMart and found Nioh 2 and Yakuza Like a Dragon(steelbook and regular). Both were the discounted price on Brickseek for that location. Both rang up (all three) at regular price with scanner and at register. Am I doing it wrong?

just sitting in the corner in plastic cases or actually marked clearance?
One of those disheveled messes of an aisle, that has the giant yellow "Clearance" signs hangin over it. Middle of the aisle had two or three boxes with stacked games. some had yellow clearance stickers, some did not. Stickered prices were all over the place. I had a nice associate scan the ones I recognized form the list, and most came up at the hot new price for a couple bucks, when they were stickered at like $14.88 or something weird. This was the store by southridge Mall on 76th street.

Got Nioh Collection at my local Wal-Mart that wad $70 just yesterday when I checked, so check brickseek often. The employees were talking about how some games were ringing up wrong and I was worried they were gonna deny the sale, but she didn't even skip a beat when the price rang up as $7

Success with Walmart clearance (mostly).   Brickseek showed zero or limited stock, but I was in the area and decided to check anyway.  Nothing in the Clearance section, but checked the case and saw a few games, asked teh employee to price check.  Picked up Yakuza Like a Dragon -- Day Ichi Steelbook and Imortals Fenyx Rising for $4 and Death Stranding for $2 (all PS4).  Wanted Devil May Cry and Control UE, but nothing.  Probably end up flipping Death Stranding, very limited interest in the game, but for $2, why not Same with Immortals.

bread's done
Back