Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
That a pic of you and Blades love child? :booty:
It's the nefarious El Hoardo, well known to long-time members of this site. We battle him at every clearance deal, and sometimes, unfortunately, he strikes from within our own ranks.

Did you check them all manually at the register?
Update: I ran back to the store at opening this morning and simply asked to check out instead of asking for a price check. Scored The Pathless and Immortals PS5 for $4 each.

Moral of the story: Don’t ask employees to check on the hand-scanner, because they were showing up at full price on there. Just check out.

There's a difference between handhelds and their phones. Handhelds will show the correct in-store price. If it rings up correctly at the register, there is 0% chance the handheld says a different price.

If they use their phone, it is the Walmart app we all use.

These clearance games are on the front page of SD now. Head to your local WM today if you're hoping to get anything ^^;

Went back out this morning and was able to pick up a couple copies of Nioh Collection, a Jackie Robinson MLB steelbook edition, Death Stranding and Immortals. 5 games for $25, I'll take that every day. Saw one here where someone got Persona 5 Strikers for cheap, but it rang up full price for me so I'll return it another day. Also, if you're in the area, just check Wal-Mart as Brickseek said Immortals was OOS, but they had a copy at the bottom of the cabinet

It's the nefarious El Hoardo, well known to long-time members of this site. We battle him at every clearance deal, and sometimes, unfortunately, he strikes from within our own ranks.
I didn't clear out my WM, I posted exact numbers of stock left for my local CAG's (As I always do). I also had multiple people PM me asking to get them stuff. I declined each one. What I do with some of the games I bought shouldn't matter to you. :roll:

I didn't clear out my WM, I posted exact numbers of stock left for my local CAG's (As I always do). I also had multiple people PM me asking to get them stuff. I declined each one. What I do with some of the games I bought shouldn't matter to you. :roll:
In that case, I'll just call you El Hoardito.

And I'm mostly just having fun with you. I know most of the old guard from this place left ages ago, but I couldn't resist a good El Hoardo resurrection.

Picked up a copy of puyo puyo 2 (Ps5) at Milford, Ohio location. Mason has lots of the PS5 games but they do not ring up at clearance prices at the register.

Picked up the 4tb seagate Xbox hdd for $59. When the associate opened the case to get it for me he asked how many I wanted. I said "There's more than one?" (Things were tightly packed on the shelf.) When he removed the box I could see another one laying down in the back. He replied "Oh. that's just a display box." Yeah, ok Deven, a display box  :whistle2:  I didn't press the matter, if he wanted one too that's cool. 

I covet that steelbook. If you find an extra...
An extra would be amazing. All the stores in my area that have MLB The Show 21 JR Edition for $4 show Out of Stock. I would love if I found a couple, much less one. I'm headed out now to check, but wanted to get the word out there regardless. If someone can find ME an extra as well, I would appreciate it :wave:

Went out last night and picked up:

Iron Man  VR  :ps4:

Yakuza  :ps4:

The Pathless

Immortals 

All $4 each.  The only one that was showing as available on Brickseek was Iron Man.

Another store has stuff from the previous clearance cycle that they never dropped (according to tags) and does not show in brickseek.  I'm tempted to try to buy a few just to see what happens.

Thanks for  the heads up to the posters.

It's funny to see SD mad because every store isn't marked down. This random store by store makes a bit easier to get stuff. 

Control for Ps4 is .03 and blocked sale

An extra would be amazing. All the stores in my area that have MLB The Show 21 JR Edition for $4 show Out of Stock. I would love if I found a couple, much less one. I'm headed out now to check, but wanted to get the word out there regardless. If someone can find ME an extra as well, I would appreciate it :wave:
Was able to find one copy of MLB The Show 21 JR Edition from the 3 'Out of Stock' stores I visited. Every store was pretty much cleaned out except for some PS4 copies of Immortals Fenyx Rising hidden in the bottom of the case at one of the locations. Did see the Seagate 500GB SSD for PlayStation at one of the stores for $59.99. Left it alone & will wait until it gets cheaper as I'm good on storage (the Xbox version of the drive is better buy as it comes with 2 months of Gamepass).

Was able to find one copy of MLB The Show 21 JR Edition from the 3 'Out of Stock' stores I visited. Every store was pretty much cleaned out except for some PS4 copies of Immortals Fenyx Rising hidden in the bottom of the case at one of the locations. Did see the Seagate 500GB SSD for PlayStation at one of the stores for $59.99. Left it alone & will wait until it gets cheaper as I'm good on storage (the Xbox version of the drive is better buy as it comes with 2 months of Gamepass).
Grats! I was disappointed they only released that for the PS4, but had i found it at $4, I'd have pounced.

Well, went to a store that Brickseek showed had several of the items in stock for the clearance prices and there were none to be found, with empty spaces for the games on the rack.  Guess they were pulled by employees to either be sent back, or purchased by an employee later in the day.  Good thing it wasn't too far out of my way.

After checking about three different Walmarts today was able to to get Fortnight PS5 for $3 DMC 5 PS5 for $3.50 and the Nioh Collection for 7. Got a few of the HDMI cables for $3 each and my father got Madden 21 Next Level for Xbox for 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visited a few stores over the past days and grabbed a few games I wanted. Currently visiting a store in a NY and the team lead pulled all of the sale games and is refusing to sell them due to a “recall”. The general manager is off for the weekend and the lead is apparently top rank. Can a store actually refuse to sell an item especially when it is NOT a recall or restricted at the POS?

Visited a few stores over the past days and grabbed a few games I wanted. Currently visiting a store in a NY and the team lead pulled all of the sale games and is refusing to sell them due to a “recall”. The general manager is off for the weekend and the lead is apparently top rank. Can a store actually refuse to sell an item especially when it is NOT a recall or restricted at the POS?
I was told by a guy working at one of my local Walmarts on Thursday that the games are supposed to be sent back but if they are on the floor and the system says they can be sold, he can sell them to me. Of course, it's YMMY was usual. You can call up Walmart and tell them the situation. It could also be that this guy wants them for himself. When I worked at Fry's years ago, as long as the system let us sell something, we sold it.

Grabbed these the other night, Borderlands to Jumanji were $5 each the rest were $1 each.[attachment=36274:20211027_192720.jpg]

Oh I forgot to say El Hoardo wiped out the store I was near, actually it appears most stores in WNY area are wiped if going strictly by BS. 2 days ago there were a dozen copies of Fenyx PS5, today all gone.

Was at my store this morning and it seems like someone finally gathered up all the stuff brickseek said they had in stock but I couldn't find. Got Balan and a steelbook version of The Show. For once I actually managed to get everything I wanted from one of these mass clearance deals lol.

Oh I also picked up a copy of DMC5 Special Edition (PS5.) I already have it since I am a big DMC fan so it's for trade I guess. Though like I said I have everything from this crop of games so not looking for any of that.

Has anyone else been able to find Persona 5 Strikers on clearance? My local store had some copies, but they rang up full price so I'm hoping they clearance out in the next few days

Yes, stores can refuse to sell their items.

Was at my store this morning and it seems like someone finally gathered up all the stuff brickseek said they had in stock but I couldn't find. Got Balan and a steelbook version of The Show. For once I actually managed to get everything I wanted from one of these mass clearance deals lol.

Oh I also picked up a copy of DMC5 Special Edition (PS5.) I already have it since I am a big DMC fan so it's for trade I guess. Though like I said I have everything from this crop of games so not looking for any of that.
I’ll buy it if you’re not looking for anything to trade.

And I'm mostly just having fun with you. I know most of the old guard from this place left ages ago, but I couldn't resist a good El Hoardo resurrection.
I see you edited your post & added this part after I had already replied to you. We're good. Do your thing man.

At a certain point you need to look at the time and gas money you are spending and see which games are really worth it. BS is a good indicator but as we have proven over and over, it's not 100% accurate. With game deals as big as this one is(or was depending on your area)I usually just go to the Walmarts within a 10 mile radius or so and do not expect to find any of the games and always grocery shop at least to make it worth the drive. If I see a game that is $4 and everywhere else is $30 or $40 and I don't see it going on sale anytime soon, that would be worth it but I always check and see if it's being sold on Offerup used or new first and how much it is there. For example. Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for PS5 is $4 and I was able to get one but it's on sale for $9.99 on amazon right now so if I just wanted that game, it would be worth it to just buy it and get it shipped to me without me spending any time or gas to MAYBE get it for $4.

I'm sure we all know this but might get caught up in the hunt. The worst are stories here of people finding the games but then the cranky Walmart employee won't sell it to them. I'd rather not find the game at all than find it only to be denied buying it. I am interested in Immortals, The Pathless and Nioh collection so check my gametz profile in my sig and let me know if we can work out a trade.

Got a copy of mlb for the steel book. Was gonna grab two extras for people on here but employee said AP told them 2 per customer for games, and due to their incredibly shitty organization we couldn't even find another copy.

bread's done
Back