Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
4 tb seagate portable hdd for xbox, 50 bones
attachicon.gif
F1471AA6-25C4-4EA5-AE53-2599D6BABD3C.jpeg
attachicon.gif
98C98297-96F3-4C79-8EBF-F9FE6EDE9560.jpeg
Edit:

Never mind!

I drove to 15 different Walmarts across two different states over the past week and cleaned house. I'm exhausted. I'm going to take the weekend off and might hit up another few on Monday if the inventory says anything is left. The GS values were still good as of yesterday but dropped today so I got the good trade values just in time and then used that to buy OLED Switches that I found at a couple of rural GS locations and then resold them on Marketplace and Offerup. So I would say if you miss out on one store hit up a few more. I struck out at some (a few games at most) but one other store had at least 30 games I picked up all in one trip.

I drove to 15 different Walmarts across two different states over the past week and cleaned house. I'm exhausted. I'm going to take the weekend off and might hit up another few on Monday if the inventory says anything is left. The GS values were still good as of yesterday but dropped today so I got the good trade values just in time and then used that to buy OLED Switches that I found at a couple of rural GS locations and then resold them on Marketplace and Offerup. So I would say if you miss out on one store hit up a few more. I struck out at some (a few games at most) but one other store had at least 30 games I picked up all in one trip.
Only 15 Walmarts? Small time. I drove to over 300 Walmarts and cleared them all out. I had to get a second storage unit just for all the copies of NBA 2k21. I replaced all the coasters in my house with copies of Balan Wonderworld.

really....

Thanks for the update, KingTubesteak!

Dude having just made an account 2 days ago suggests obvious troll is obvious, but the fact it's believable these days is just a bummer. 

This reminds me of the time back in...aught five when I was paging through sites on my Blackberry looking for deals that were on the up and up. Now, you know me... I'm a straight shooter, but some of these cats were not on the up and up.

Well, on the way to one of my local saloons, I stopped off at one of these locals known as a "Circuit City."

Oh, let me tell you... the discount tags were everywhere... I bought every $2 dollar title from Futurama on the Xbox to Rygar on the PS2.

What did I do next? Well, I rushed to the local Funcoland and sell the lot for cash on the barrel head. Boy, I tell you that I made bank that day. I made enough money that I was able to afford that new Xbox 360 that I heard about on the "Internet."

Quite a day that was... quite a day...

Strange that I didn't write a post on my second day as a member here about it. Oh, well... my momma told me never to brag like an jerkweed when people won't really care. Guess I didn't listen much that day.

Sorry. My Discord flipping group linked me to the thread here, there is a poster on here that is part of it. I didn't want to come off as bragging or anything. I basically treat flipping/retail arbitrage as a full time job so that's why I'm willing to go to so many stores. I didn't realize it was more of a hobby for people here. Once again, sorry. I'll go away now.

Sorry. My Discord flipping group linked me to the thread here, there is a poster on here that is part of it. I didn't want to come off as bragging or anything. I basically treat flipping/retail arbitrage as a full time job so that's why I'm willing to go to so many stores. I didn't realize it was more of a hobby for people here. Once again, sorry. I'll go away now.
do you use brickseek or do you have a magic walmart app that actually works? just curious with the volume you probably buy how you know what is what.

do you use brickseek or do you have a magic walmart app that actually works? just curious with the volume you probably buy how you know what is what.
Sadly neither option is that good anymore. The Walmart app doesn't work right anymore and Brickseek wasn't that accurate in my experience as some stores said 6+ games and none were there while others didn't list them in stock and they had a whole stack in the case. The prices were accurate in my experience, though. I just drive a few hours and try to hit up as many Walmarts as I can in the radius. The next state over is a few hours from me and has more Walmarts in a smaller radius so I usually go between two states. I've had the best luck in rural and small towns during normal work hours, though.

This reminds me of the time back in...aught five when I was paging through sites on my Blackberry looking for deals that were on the up and up. Now, you know me... I'm a straight shooter, but some of these cats were not on the up and up.

Well, on the way to one of my local saloons, I stopped off at one of these locals known as a "Circuit City."

Oh, let me tell you... the discount tags were everywhere... I bought every $2 dollar title from Futurama on the Xbox to Rygar on the PS2.

What did I do next? Well, I rushed to the local Funcoland and sell the lot for cash on the barrel head. Boy, I tell you that I made bank that day. I made enough money that I was able to afford that new Xbox 360 that I heard about on the "Internet."

Quite a day that was... quite a day...

Strange that I didn't write a post on my second day as a member here about it. Oh, well... my momma told me never to brag like an jerkweed when people won't really care. Guess I didn't listen much that day.
But did you get cranium bukake?

Only 15 Walmarts? Small time. I drove to over 300 Walmarts and cleared them all out. I had to get a second storage unit just for all the copies of NBA 2k21. I replaced all the coasters in my house with copies of Balan Wonderworld.
Only 2 storage units? You call that a haul? I had whole TEAMS of people working for me that I hired. I stole the lot of them from a call center and had them empty out every discounted game from wal-mart within a 500 mile radius. Give em a list of games, some gas money, and send them on their way. Easy peasy. They were dropping games off at GS for trade in by the truck load. GameStop had to literally close 100+ stores to the local public because all their time needed to be dedicated to taking the trade ins that my guys were bringing in. So yeah if you went to your GameStop last week and it was closed in the middle of the day.. that was my doing. Sorry about that.

Is it true Nier Replicant and Scarlet Nexus have been found on clereance? anyone knows how cheap? those 2 are the only games ill be getting either on this sale at Walmart or Black Friday.

Is it true Nier Replicant and Scarlet Nexus have been found on clereance? anyone knows how cheap? those 2 are the only games ill be getting either on this sale at Walmart or Black Friday.
Can't speak to Nier, but someone posted $25 for Scarlet Nexus in this thread earlier in the week, and I found it for $20 when I went.

Sadly neither option is that good anymore. The Walmart app doesn't work right anymore and Brickseek wasn't that accurate in my experience as some stores said 6+ games and none were there while others didn't list them in stock and they had a whole stack in the case. The prices were accurate in my experience, though. I just drive a few hours and try to hit up as many Walmarts as I can in the radius. The next state over is a few hours from me and has more Walmarts in a smaller radius so I usually go between two states. I've had the best luck in rural and small towns during normal work hours, though.
Don't mind the haters, end-game forums is just reading about drama. I always like hearing about full-time resellers POVs.

So when you do full region runs - do you only hit walmarts or also hit up the Targets/BBs/Thrift stores and some yardsales in the weekends? Can you handle say - a full Atlanta Walmart circuit in a day and then hit the boonies Wallys between Atlanta > Nashville > Louisville > Indianapolis > Clevland > Pittsburgh > Philly > Baltimore > etc until your vehicle (Class 5 or 7?) is full?

Personally I was at 2 walmarts the other day looking for clearance halloween costumes, and the pickins were slim!

the app finally worked today, found Death Stranding ps4 for $2, DMC5 SE ps5 was $3.50, Immortals ps4 was $4 and one I hadn't seen listed here was $3, Monster Energy Supercross 4 for ps5. I assume it is awful but for $3, I'll try it out.

day 1 xbox version of like a dragon scanned regular price, didnt check the puyo puyo tetris or fortnite games since I dont want them.

the app finally worked today, found Death Stranding ps4 for $2, DMC5 SE ps5 was $3.50, Immortals ps4 was $4 and one I hadn't seen listed here was $3, Monster Energy Supercross 4 for ps5. I assume it is awful but for $3, I'll try it out.

day 1 xbox version of like a dragon scanned regular price, didnt check the puyo puyo tetris or fortnite games since I dont want them.
which app?

I went to multiple Walmart's and spent around $230 in games. I had to make multiple GameStop accounts/trips but I managed to flip them all at GameStop and ended with a total of $786 of store credit.

Turned $48 worth of games into $217 in credit. Walmart was 5 min away and the 2 GameStops I went to were 5 min away and 15 min away. I’d say it was worth it. Got lucky this time. I usually don’t

I got a few extra games from a store that just dropped. While I was getting them, 2 separate old lady's starting ask me if I buying the $2 and $4 games. That is who you are up against to get games at Walmart.

Also, Pokémon Sword and shield is clearance at Kohl's 24.99

Bought 2 copies of each Just Dance 2020 PS4 and PGA 2k21 PS4 for $3 & $2 each. Flipped them to gamestop for a quadrupple gain. $42

Damn if it’s like that at all Walmart stores I’ll actually check it out. Hate having to bother employees then getting looks for getting games out the shelf and not buying
this is at my closest store, they remodeled electronics to have all the short aisles you can see over and they knocked down all the games locked behind glass to 3 sections each. each section then has a 4 foot section of value games, and everything that doesn't fit there gets thrown in the bin.

the other store i go to is still the old style with the huge wall behind glass only a few value games outside of that. that one is probably a gold mine because of so many games being stacked in the bottom, but like you said, finding, then bugging employees to possibly buy nothing is a pain.

I saw none of the games that were listed in the last big post last time that I went to Walmart, but a few showed up when I went back this morning. 

Subnautica 2 for PS4 was $17.99, Kingdoms of Amalur: Remastered PS4 was $9.99, and surprisingly, there was a single copy of Dragon Quest XI S for Switch for $35.   

Subnautica was too rich for my blood since the previous game in the series was offered for free digitally last year on PSN and Amalur is "free" on PlayStation Plus this month, so I left both, but I grabbed Dragon Quest since it's hard to find period, much less for that price new.

Immortals fenyx rising may have gone off clearance. Was just at a store with plenty of clearance games thanks to this walmart being disorganized AF, all clearance games off the list came out for the right price except immortals

bread's done
Back