Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
addbcd9c282f296589074e4d1bf236b6.jpg

38374f35c4011b39757ee67994ee8c09.jpg

7fdf0a43558a4cf66f11f304bc4fe92e.jpg

90c808c97501bed522038d6f1695d300.jpg
"Have you shipped a million of those things?"

-Yes sir!

"Ship 'em ALL! We're gonna take 'em out a WHOLE NEW DOOR! :whistle2:D"

I shouldn't be surprised anymore that arise would go that low in true tales of tradition since they always drop for black friday even if they release in november.  Well its whatever I preordered it years ago and paid for it in amazon promo money so it's not like I paid full price at least. 

Gameplay wise it was alright but I preferred berseria more. Still not as good as vesperia or graces. 

At this point, it's wait for Black Friday sales.  Don't want to go scraping Walmarts for maybe deals.   Seems like a good national push for clearances happen every 6 months, and thanks to high turnover, the staff is usually not very aware or caring.

If you're in the Raleigh area, the Wake Forest store still has a handful of the clearance games. I was able to get almost everything on the list earlier today.

One store i stopped at this past weekend has Persona 5 for the PS4 (royal edition) at $10 which i picked up and also picked up the last copy of Pokemon Sword with the expansion pack for $40.

I remember also seeing ARK for the Xbox for $10 and they even had Apex Legends for the Switch (download code) for $10

Kohls.com says all copies of Pokemon Sword are Sold Out and Pokemon Shield is apparently full price but only in select stores.
No Pokemon at the local Kohls, but they did have all PS4 games on clearance. Only thing I picked up was Spider-Man GOTY for $11.99.

Only other thing I can remember was Medievil for like $8.

One store i stopped at this past weekend has Persona 5 for the PS4 (royal edition) at $10 which i picked up and also picked up the last copy of Pokemon Sword with the expansion pack for $40.

I remember also seeing ARK for the Xbox for $10 and they even had Apex Legends for the Switch (download code) for $10
walmart or kohls? I only ask because both are being discussed in this thread. And was it the steelbook or base edition?

Willing to consider trades for any combination of these toward my "want" list:

I have:

PS4

• Yakuza Like a Dragon (non steelbook)
  • Balan Wonderworld

PS5

• Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
  • Monster Energy Supermotocross 4 
Xbox Series X

• Madden NFL NXT LVL Edition
Still looking to trade for:

PS5

• Nioh Collection
  • DMC5 SE

I still have Uncharted Lost Legacy Greatest Hits PS4, Nioh 2 PS4 and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 PS5 for trade. Looking for Immortals Fenyx Rising, Nioh Collection and The Pathless.

regarding Kohls clearance I found ps4 games. Uncharted 4 $8, Horizion Zero Dawn Complete $7, Ratchet and Clank $10, Infamous 2nd Son $10.

I found a copy of The Show 21 Jackie Robinson Edition Steelbook for 4 bucks. The disc is loose and rattling inside. Will trade if anybody wants it for Immortals Fenyx Rising.

I found a copy of The Show 21 Jackie Robinson Edition Steelbook for 4 bucks. The disc is loose and rattling inside. Will trade if anybody wants it for Immortals Fenyx Rising.
All you have to do is to shake the game slowly side to side until you hear it stop. That means you got the tip in. (don't worry, it doesn't hurt) Then you place it inside a industrial grade centrifuge, spin it to 2000 rpm, and it will pop back in. (If it wasn't a steelbook you could just push thru the plastic case slightly offcenter 180° apart :razz: )

Manufactured a reason to go wayyyy out to WM. Found a few titles…. Immortals ps4, jd21 ps5, BF1, Batman VR, iron man Vr. Total was nearly $200. Cheapest was $20 smh

All you have to do is to shake the game slowly side to side until you hear it stop. That means you got the tip in. (don't worry, it doesn't hurt) Then you place it inside a industrial grade centrifuge, spin it to 2000 rpm, and it will pop back in. (If it wasn't a steelbook you could just push thru the plastic case slightly offcenter 180° apart :razz: )
Quality advice. Just get the tip in, especially knowing it doesn’t hurt.

I am having a hard time bringing it up on brick seek but my Walmart is selling the aerogarden sprout product for $9.00. MSRP $79.99. there are a bunch of different colors when I search brickseek and searching by the UPC on my box didn't match any products.

Thanks for posting that. My store didn't have the price marked but you should have seen the employee's face when I picked up all 8 and the price rang up as $8. He asked me if I could save one for him and I said maybe next time lol.
People like you suck, I swear. I try not to get into it when it comes to re-sellers/hoarders (live and let live), but this is BS. You seriously NEEDED all 8 controllers? Geez. Couldn't throw the guy a bone and let him have one. So damn scummy.

People like you suck, I swear. I try not to get into it when it comes to re-sellers/hoarders (live and let live), but this is BS. You seriously NEEDED all 8 controllers? Geez. Couldn't throw the guy a bone and let him have one. So damn scummy.
It's a new account from like yesterday bro.

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to gloat about it and I understand that some people on here might have a different opinion about flipping/reselling that the people I normally talk to on the flipping Discord that I frequent. But basically we treat flipping/reselling as a full time job so basically our motto is "nice guys finish last".

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to gloat about it and I understand that some people on here might have a different opinion about flipping/reselling that the people I normally talk to on the flipping Discord that I frequent. But basically we treat flipping/reselling as a full time job so basically our motto is "nice guys finish last".
As a professional flipper, If you have one controller and multiply it by one controller, you'd have 2 controllers right?

I'll be 'that guy' here... this site is about deals and helping one another as a community. That's how I've always viewed it. I've advocated for quite some time the site should be members only and disallow any reselling nonsense.

Over the last two decades I could have rental storage units loaded of penny guides, games, collectibles. Hell, I visited 9 walmarts over the last two weeks in my travels and could have easily bought over a 100 of the clearance games. How many did I buy in the end? Mostly two of each, and two titles I accidentally bought a third. They've already been offered to another CAGer I developed a friendship with here. Why? Because I'm not a dick.

Would Walmart have any issues with me buying a game at one store and returning and rebuying it? My local Walmart had a copy of Octopath Traveler but it's $50. On brickseek it shows the price at $10 the next town over but I know they don't have any copies. I'd love to have the game but wouldn't want to waste my time or get any employees in trouble.

I wouldn't mind the site being more limited honestly especially with the in fighting between users. But one thing to note is those resellers on here, tend to be the ones to post those same deals we all take advantage of. Whether you resell for a living, Gamestop flip trading or sell 1 copy to pay off the other, those members tend to provide more deals compared to the many lurkers on here who contribute little more than arguments. 

I rather not judge people regardless of what they do with their money and how they spend it. We're all here to save money and buy games. Some more than others, but that's ok if they actually contribute to posting deals here. Otherwise, the least you all can do is also share deals, instead of lurking.

Also, this isn't towards any specific users. Many people in here don't do any type of reselling and contribute, I thank those too. But notice how this site is very empty when it comes to deals now that many of the other resellers up and left. Sure hate on them, but don't lurk here either without providing something back.

Cuts both ways; one may claim to be flipping games to pay for their games, but in doing so, they buy out the cheap games that could have gone to a lot more gamers actually wanting to play those titles (or use those controllers, etc.) versus feeding the GameStop beast.

I don't equate reselling to flipping or flipping to scalping.  Each are different, and as always, context matters.

Stating you told a retail employee to get essentially get stuffed would be the sign you're probably not doing it with good intentions (I have already previously identified said troll account, likely someone's sock, but also likely projecting).

Save some deals for the rest, I say.  Left plenty of things on the shelf that would have been easy buys (and easy flips), but simply I had the game already and left it for someone else to happily find.  Or I send gifts to friends of games.

For me I rarely even have most of these types of deals in my area so I usually just live vicariously through the stories of others. On the rare occasion that they are available I definitely take advantage and share if there's anything left.  9 times out of ten I buy to play/collect (haha yeah most of it goes into the backlog) or for gifts for my sisters kids.  I will admit to reselling occasionally but usually its expensive stuff like octopath traveler where you can make a nice tidy profit and that was only 2 copies. it was readily available at target for 30 for anyone that wanted it for under msrp that couldn't get one of the rarer 10$ copies at least.

Saw a lone unmarked copy of Nioh 2 on the budget rack of $20 games.  It scanned for $2 so I picked it up.  Looked like all the other clearance games had finally been wiped out in this store.

didn't find any of the listed titles when I went up a few days ago, but I checked again on a whim after a gamestop visit and found a bunch of copies of the fortnite last laugh bundle stacked on top of the playstation display. got one for me and one for my partner's friend who is VERY into fortnite. worth noting that the ps5 version will redeem without issue on a ps4, as I just found out for myself  :D/

Would Walmart have any issues with me buying a game at one store and returning and rebuying it? My local Walmart had a copy of Octopath Traveler but it's $50. On brickseek it shows the price at $10 the next town over but I know they don't have any copies. I'd love to have the game but wouldn't want to waste my time or get any employees in trouble.
Doing something like this is highly YMMV and depends on factors like time of day, how persuasive you are, what employee you get, whether they're in a good mood or not and whether they're a stickler for the rules. I'm not even kidding. The easiest way to do this would be to say "Hey I bought this game but I want to change the payment method." What you'd think would happen would be that they return the game and rescan it for the lower price but if you get an employee who's a stickler for the rules they may just either say "no" or allow you to do that and still manually key in a $50 charge rationalizing that since that's the amount you originally paid what difference does it make. Another way would be to just be honest and say just say "Hey, I bought this for 50 bucks but you guys have it for 10, can I just return it and rebuy it with you guys?" Good luck.

YMMV but the few times I've done it, I just said I used the wrong credit card. And that I get a better cash back percentage on the other one.

Just start Immortals and holy crap that's the lousiest excuse for a jumping animation I've seen in ages.
It's a solid 6.5/10 that was only praised basically because Valhalla and Legion were so bad. I'd say its borderline worth a playthrough, but the type where you buy physically for $15 and then trade it back for the same. 0 replay value.

It's a solid 6.5/10 that was only praised basically because Valhalla and Legion were so bad. I'd say its borderline worth a playthrough, but the type where you buy physically for $15 and then trade it back for the same. 0 replay value.
I put 90 hrs into Immortals and loved it (other than a long mission near the end that sucked since it was hard to tell which way to go). Solid combat, decent puzzles, relaxed story with some humor, and plenty to do for completionists.

bread's done
Back