Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Immortals and Valhalla quite a bit.  Valhalla had a crap ton of things on the map, but still completed the game and enjoyed it.

Doing something like this is highly YMMV and depends on factors like time of day, how persuasive you are, what employee you get, whether they're in a good mood or not and whether they're a stickler for the rules. I'm not even kidding. The easiest way to do this would be to say "Hey I bought this game but I want to change the payment method." What you'd think would happen would be that they return the game and rescan it for the lower price but if you get an employee who's a stickler for the rules they may just either say "no" or allow you to do that and still manually key in a $50 charge rationalizing that since that's the amount you originally paid what difference does it make. Another way would be to just be honest and say just say "Hey, I bought this for 50 bucks but you guys have it for 10, can I just return it and rebuy it with you guys?" Good luck.
Thanks. I guess I could give it a try and worst case I'd just return it without buying.

It's a solid 6.5/10 that was only praised basically because Valhalla and Legion were so bad. I'd say its borderline worth a playthrough, but the type where you buy physically for $15 and then trade it back for the same. 0 replay value.
I actually really enjoyed the game for what it was. Would give it a 8 or 9 out of 10 too.

It wasn't trying to be this revolutionary game but for what it did, it did it well. Good graphics, funny commentary between characters, great gameplay and didn't feel sluggish or a chore with missions. Wish the game was more known, and hopefully for this Walmart clearance, more people will play it.

I actually really enjoyed the game for what it was. Would give it a 8 or 9 out of 10 too.

It wasn't trying to be this revolutionary game but for what it did, it did it well. Good graphics, funny commentary between characters, great gameplay and didn't feel sluggish or a chore with missions. Wish the game was more known, and hopefully for this Walmart clearance, more people will play it.
Agreed. I've been waiting on a decent sale on the Season Pass to go back and play through the additional content as I really enjoyed the world and the characters.

I can understand why some people wouldn't have liked it all that much but, for me, it was a very enjoyable game and well worth the time I put into it.

Agreed. I've been waiting on a decent sale on the Season Pass to go back and play through the additional content as I really enjoyed the world and the characters.
As much as I enjoyed the game, I'm passing on the season pass since it doesn't carry over your character :\

See, I thought I would really like Immortals, but coming off of AC Odyssey, AC was just so much better. It made me end up hating Immortals and I still haven’t gotten back into it. I haven’t sold it, but it felt super derivative and like an Ubisoft side project. I wish they had leaned in with the original style that was presented back when it was called Gods and Monsters.

I have no problems with flippers/resellers/hoarders/what have you. At the end of the day, it's just games and I'd bet  $1 every person posting/lurking here already has plenty of them. 

What I don't get is why the flippers/resellers/hoarders/what have you have the mentality of "I know if I post this haul I'm going to piss some people off, oh well, I just gotta brag anyway!" What is wrong with you that bumming other people out brings you joy? Being an edgelord on the dang internet is soooo boring. Everyone is an edgelord and has been for 20 years. Try something novel, like just being a person. Posting that you were able to find and take advantage of a deal should be brag enough. Plenty of people don't get to do either. 

All that said, I'm pretty sure 8 controller guy is fake, but there are plenty of other 8 controller guys on here that aren't. 

See, I thought I would really like Immortals, but coming off of AC Odyssey, AC was just so much better. It made me end up hating Immortals and I still haven’t gotten back into it. I haven’t sold it, but it felt super derivative and like an Ubisoft side project. I wish they had leaned in with the original style that was presented back when it was called Gods and Monsters.
This. After a few hours, I felt like I was having more fun mowing my lawn: 1)New area/revisit old area, 2)repetitive boring puzzle, 3)kill some enemies...over and over again.

Kingdom New Lands, Moto GP 21, and Steamworld Dig 2 are this week's Free Play Days games (Games With Gold or Game Pass Ultimate required).

I have no problems with flippers/resellers/hoarders/what have you. At the end of the day, it's just games and I'd bet $1 every person posting/lurking here already has plenty of them.

What I don't get is why the flippers/resellers/hoarders/what have you have the mentality of "I know if I post this haul I'm going to piss some people off, oh well, I just gotta brag anyway!" What is wrong with you that bumming other people out brings you joy? Being an edgelord on the dang internet is soooo boring. Everyone is an edgelord and has been for 20 years. Try something novel, like just being a person. Posting that you were able to find and take advantage of a deal should be brag enough. Plenty of people don't get to do either.

All that said, I'm pretty sure 8 controller guy is fake, but there are plenty of other 8 controller guys on here that aren't.
Probably saying more about myself than anything else, but i think it’s a minor case of “acting out for attention”. I think the root cause of a lot of pointlessly cruel behavior is they feel they got a bad rap or taken advantage of in the past, never got fair resolution, were ignored or ridiculed when discussing it, and to varying degrees said “fine, if that was permitted against me, there should be no problem my doing the same or less to others, until I’m taken seriously”. I think reselling is a very small aspect of this same pattern that plays out more widely between self serving temporarily aligned groups with social justice issues, internet bickering, left and right, etc. It’s why the response to this is sometimes just “shut the f up” because this mentality will spread, but telling someone “shut the f up” is a large part of what causes them to act out…Now, if you were just jealous, greedy, or wrong and attempting to cast an innocent as root cause for your own cruel behavior or desire to take immoral actions, I have little to no sympathy. Professional reselling groups I do think are immoral. Getting involved in reselling any goods that you have no personal involvement, affinity or connection with, I find distasteful; really any reselling just for profit; but when it comes to the case of a gamer, who’s motivation is looking for a particular game deal for themselves, they already did a lot of driving around for that, and they happen to find five, if they have an easy means to flip an extra copy or two to pay for their own, all their time, gas, and misses, and they aren’t rich, I find it hard to fault that. That decision gets placed on the scale of how they themselves have been treated I think, and the sad reality that if they don’t buy them all someone else probably will. This has nothing to do with anything really, but it comes up so much, I guess just if you find yourself in that circumstance, if you are settled with a family and plenty of money, just buy your own, if not, get a few at most, don’t clear them out. You probably are being a dick to some, if you do, but I’ve known some spewing that kind of stuff all over the internet with much bigger skeletons in their closet, so don’t worry about it too much. The decision to not resell could come down to profit margins and ease of doing so more than morality, in most cases I don’t think it’s something to brag about. If the few dollars we are talking about here make a difference for you, put that decision on your own scale but be honest about it, and don’t actually join the dark side of professional reselling groups, or even worse botters.

Also, just making it clear, I’m not directing this towards any recent comments, just in general. I agree about the 8 controller guy, he’s just messing around with people.

Getting involved in reselling any goods that you have no personal involvement, affinity or connection with, I find distasteful; really any reselling just for profit;
Every store in the world

ScornfulDeterminedCowrie-size_restricted.gif

Agreed. Lol. Reselling is a bit different than just selling, but on the other hand, not much…
Is it? No store buys products to loss or sell for cost. That local store you buy goods from, got those same goods for a fraction of the price and sold it to you for a profit. Retails stores are bigger in production, but their methods aren't that different.

Is it? No store buys products to loss or sell for cost. That local store you buy goods from, got those same goods for a fraction of the price and sold it to you for a profit. Retails stores are bigger in production, but their methods aren't that different.
Oops, just decided to delete my post before you quoted. Didn’t think I needed to ramble more. They have the same intent and reason for existence, make money, your right about that. Retail stores do a lot more logistics and provide a more essential service though. And when it comes to reselling, i guess I just see a big difference between minor involvement that comes from hunting down products they primarily just want to buy for themselves anyway, and professionals that do it for a living, use tools or methods that give unfair advantage, and are hunting for product just for profit, at the expense of enthusiasts.

Probably saying more about myself than anything else, but i think it’s a minor case of “acting out for attention”.  I think the root cause of a lot of pointlessly cruel behavior is they feel they got a bad rap or taken advantage of in the past, never got fair resolution, were ignored or ridiculed when discussing it, and to varying degrees said “fine, if that was permitted against me, there should be no problem my doing the same or less to others, until I’m taken seriously”.  I think reselling is a very small aspect of this same pattern that plays out more widely between self serving temporarily aligned groups with social justice issues, internet bickering, left and right, etc.  It’s why the response to this is sometimes just “shut the f up” because this mentality will spread, but telling someone “shut the f up” is a large part of what causes them to act out…Now, if you were just jealous, greedy, or wrong and attempting to cast an innocent as root cause for your own cruel behavior or desire to take immoral actions, I have little to no sympathy.  Professional reselling groups I do think are immoral.  Getting involved in reselling any goods that you have no personal involvement, affinity or connection with, I find distasteful; really any reselling just for profit; but when it comes to the case of a gamer, who’s motivation is looking for a particular game deal for themselves, they already did a lot of driving around for that, and they happen to find five, if they have an easy means to flip an extra copy or two to pay for their own, all their time, gas, and misses, and they aren’t rich, I find it hard to fault that.  That decision gets placed on the scale of how they themselves have been treated I think, and the sad reality that if they don’t buy them all someone else probably will.  This has nothing to do with anything really, but it comes up so much, I guess just if you find yourself in that circumstance, if you are settled with a family and plenty of money, just buy your own, if not, get a few at most, don’t clear them out.  You probably are being a dick to some, if you do, but I’ve known some spewing that kind of stuff all over the internet with much bigger skeletons in their closet, so don’t worry about it too much.  The decision to not resell could come down to profit margins and ease of doing so more than morality, in most cases I don’t think it’s something to brag about.  If the few dollars we are talking about here make a difference for you, put that decision on your own scale but be honest about it, and don’t actually join the dark side of professional reselling groups, or even worse botters.

Also, just making it clear, I’m not directing this towards any recent comments, just in general.  I agree about the 8 controller guy, he’s just messing around with people.
Oops, just decided to delete my post before you quoted.  Didn’t think I needed to ramble more.  They have the same intent and reason for existence, make money, your right about that.  Retail stores do a lot more logistics and provide a more essential service though.

Resellers help people that otherwise wouldn't have access to these games buy them cheaper so I look at myself as helping. I've sold well over a few thousand clearance games and a few hundred consoles this year alone and they were for prices well below MSRP often to remote areas where people don't have local stores to buy them. If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at major corporations who use modern day slave labor for clothing and computer parts and then sell the crap for hundreds of dollars to people in first world countries. Not to mention me, like many other resellers, were bullied by Chad and Stacy in HR and excluded from being able to get regular jobs because we're too ugly or have some sort of social disability so we turned to reselling and now the same people who rejected us want to criticize us for what we're doing. High school never ends and I'd rather do what I do for a living than ever deal with normies again at a regular job and all of the drama and bullying they bring. Blame society and the hateful nature and lack of empathy that you average normie has for resellers doing what they do.

Probably saying more about myself than anything else, but i think it’s a minor case of “acting out for attention”. I think the root cause of a lot of pointlessly cruel behavior is they feel they got a bad rap or taken advantage of in the past, never got fair resolution, were ignored or ridiculed when discussing it, and to varying degrees said “fine, if that was permitted against me, there should be no problem my doing the same or less to others, until I’m taken seriously”. I think reselling is a very small aspect of this same pattern that plays out more widely between self serving temporarily aligned groups with social justice issues, internet bickering, left and right, etc. It’s why the response to this is sometimes just “shut the f up” because this mentality will spread, but telling someone “shut the f up” is a large part of what causes them to act out…Now, if you were just jealous, greedy, or wrong and attempting to cast an innocent as root cause for your own cruel behavior or desire to take immoral actions, I have little to no sympathy. Professional reselling groups I do think are immoral. Getting involved in reselling any goods that you have no personal involvement, affinity or connection with, I find distasteful; really any reselling just for profit; but when it comes to the case of a gamer, who’s motivation is looking for a particular game deal for themselves, they already did a lot of driving around for that, and they happen to find five, if they have an easy means to flip an extra copy or two to pay for their own, all their time, gas, and misses, and they aren’t rich, I find it hard to fault that. That decision gets placed on the scale of how they themselves have been treated I think, and the sad reality that if they don’t buy them all someone else probably will. This has nothing to do with anything really, but it comes up so much, I guess just if you find yourself in that circumstance, if you are settled with a family and plenty of money, just buy your own, if not, get a few at most, don’t clear them out. You probably are being a dick to some, if you do, but I’ve known some spewing that kind of stuff all over the internet with much bigger skeletons in their closet, so don’t worry about it too much. The decision to not resell could come down to profit margins and ease of doing so more than morality, in most cases I don’t think it’s something to brag about. If the few dollars we are talking about here make a difference for you, put that decision on your own scale but be honest about it, and don’t actually join the dark side of professional reselling groups, or even worse botters.

Also, just making it clear, I’m not directing this towards any recent comments, just in general. I agree about the 8 controller guy, he’s just messing around with people.

Resellers help people that otherwise wouldn't have access to these games buy them cheaper so I look at myself as helping. I've sold well over a few thousand clearance games and a few hundred consoles this year alone and they were for prices well below MSRP often to remote areas where people don't have local stores to buy them. If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at major corporations who use modern day slave labor for clothing and computer parts and then sell the crap for hundreds of dollars to people in first world countries. Not to mention me, like many other resellers, were bullied by Chad and Stacy in HR and excluded from being able to get regular jobs because we're too ugly or have some sort of social disability so we turned to reselling and now the same people who rejected us want to criticize us for what we're doing. High school never ends and I'd rather do what I do for a living than ever deal with normies again at a regular job and all of the drama and bullying they bring. Blame society and the hateful nature and lack of empathy that you average normie has for resellers doing what they do.

im-sorry-i-wasnt-listening-the-dude-gif-big-lebowski-sheriff-scene.gif

I will say, it is absolutely hilarious that when reselling comes up, ThatOneGuyWhoResells always has to chime in on why what he does is legit. About as guaranteed as the sun coming up. Almost makes you think.

I will say, it is absolutely hilarious that when reselling comes up, ThatOneGuyWhoResells always has to chime in on why what he does is legit. About as guaranteed as the sun coming up. Almost makes you think.
True, I resell and discuss it. And post most of the deals in this thread. Maybe instead of lurking, you can start posting deals here too. But I know it's easier to lurk and complain.

Resellers help people that otherwise wouldn't have access to these games buy them cheaper so I look at myself as helping. I've sold well over a few thousand clearance games and a few hundred consoles this year alone and they were for prices well below MSRP often to remote areas where people don't have local stores to buy them.
Haven’t said a word on this topic til now. Dude. Really?!?? That’s how you look at yourself? Helping others?

fuck outta here.

Not all resellers suck. Some really do like finding deals for people at a small markup and that’s great. I think what annoys people here though is the guy who brags and rubs it in and I agree, those people are scum. I’d also wager that console scarcity has made people hate resellers as a whole because they’re getting reselling and scalping confused.

We're all scum to the 1%!

Look at all these poor people selling things to other poor people! Lets laugh at them while we buy stuff to reduce our effective tax rate to zero!

On topic - the walmart Black Friday video game box/stalls are starting to show up in-store, with all sorts of colored dots!

Willing to consider trades for any combination of these toward my "want" list:

I have:

PS4

• Yakuza Like a Dragon (non steelbook)
  • Balan Wonderworld

PS5

• Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
  • Monster Energy Supermotocross 4 
Xbox Series X

• Madden NFL NXT LVL Edition
Still looking to trade for:

PS5

• Nioh Collection
  • DMC5 SE

why don't video game makers exclusively sell games directly to people? there are far too many middlemen making profit on the surplus labor of the talented people who actually made the game possible in the first place

why don't video game makers exclusively sell games directly to people? there are far too many middlemen making profit on the surplus labor of the talented people who actually made the game possible in the first place
They don't have nearly as much resources for that. Regardless of what people may think, companies rely on middlemen to get their products out to the public in stores worldwide. A videogame company doesn't really have the means (nor would they want that) to sell their products directly to customers in mass. Hell, even Nintendo only has a few Nintendo Stores around the world and they are more for show, not their main source of selling products.

And you likely wouldn't want just gaming companies to sell to you. They have little reason to drop their prices. Having multiple stores and people selling games allows for competitive pricing and discounts. You might notice that both Sony and Nintendo stores tends to sell their products for MSRP at all times. Is that really want you want to see across the board?

Nier replicant is on sale and included in the b2g1 so ends up being about $30 with red card before tax. I wonder if this is as low as it will go. Been waiting for a drop and it has held strong. Not in a huge hurry to play it though. Put in an order for Kena, might cancel it though as delivery shows thanksgiving day and I don't really want someone to have to deliver a package that day, but it likely would get delayed to Friday I imagine.

Yeah, game companies having full control over their game sales is not a good thing for consumers. To say nothing of how unfeasible it would be especially for smaller companies, if they had total market control there's very little pressure to lower prices.

The employee brought over a manager because he didn't believe it would come up so cheap and the manager jokingly said to me "Oh, it's you again".
lol

You know, Tetris Effect has shown me that I can keep playing the same basic game for three decades on various consoles (Started on Toaster Gameboy, now playing it on Switch)

got chivalry 2 for ps and apex legends bundle code for switch for $15 each today. saw my store has their blurays and stuff already set for black friday 

Found another copy this morning. It was marked at $33.88 but it came up as the cheaper price. The employee brought over a manager because he didn't believe it would come up so cheap and the manager jokingly said to me "Oh, it's you again".

s-l1600.jpg
That's exactly what I say whenever you come back with another username, IATCG.

You can’t be that desperate to make name after name for being banned after banned just to troll and contradict yourself. I refuse to believe that this is real life

You can’t be that desperate to make name after name for being banned after banned just to troll and contradict yourself. I refuse to believe that this is real life
You must not have been following the penny guide thread. Every 4-6 months , IATCG comes back with a new username, messages those of us that were active in the thread, and if we are lucky, gives us negative feedback. 12 hours later , his account is banned again. That thread has also been dormant for close to 4-5 years as penny guides have completely dried up

You must not have been following the penny guide thread. Every 4-6 months , IATCG comes back with a new username, messages those of us that were active in the thread, and if we are lucky, gives us negative feedback. 12 hours later , his account is banned again. That thread has also been dormant for close to 4-5 years as penny guides have completely dried up
He also messaged us “lucky” folk in the GameStop thread and spouted useless nonsense about reporting loopholes to corporate during promos. Best to just add him to the ignore list and move on, he’ll be banned again soon enough.

bread's done
Back