Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
He also messaged us “lucky” folk in the GameStop thread and spouted useless nonsense about reporting loopholes to corporate during promos. Best to just add him to the ignore list and move on, he’ll be banned again soon enough.
Wasn't there a video online of him at a Scranton GameStop that ended with a call to the police?

Wasn't there a video online of him at a Scranton GameStop that ended with a call to the police?
YRI.gif

Well, was able to find some more "stuff".  Store had unmarked clearance, so I grabbed a few things.

DMC 5 SE  ($4)

The Show 21 ($4)

Yakuza Like a Dragon steelbook ($4)

Nioh Collection ($7)

Planet Coaster ($4.50)

Iron Man VR ($4)

NBA 2k21 ($2)

Persona 5 Royal ($20)

Now have a few extras, might trade for .... I dunno.  

Extras:

Iron Man VR

Planet Coaster

Nioh Collection (I traded for a copy of this a few weeks ago, LOL)

The Show 21

Yakuza Like a Dragon (non-steelbook)

The Pathless

Immortals Fenyx Rising PS4/PS5

Before anyone's panties get into a bind, I left multiple copies of each of these behind.

Might be interested in a copy of Chivalry 2 or something from your trade list.

Well, was able to find some more "stuff". Store had unmarked clearance, so I grabbed a few things.

DMC 5 SE ($4)

The Show 21 ($4)

Nioh Collection ($7)

Planet Coaster ($4.50)

Iron Man VR ($4)

NBA 2k21 ($2)

Persona 5 Royal ($20)

Extras:

Iron Man VR

Planet Coaster

The Show 21

The Pathless

Before anyone's panties get into a bind, I left multiple copies of each of these behind.

I'm interested in Nioh Collection, The Pathless and Immortals. I added Uncharted Lost Legacy and Star Wars Squadrons for PS4 to my list of available games.

had to go back to walmart for a second time unfortunately but lucked out and got the jackie robinson mlb 21 steelbook for $4 so that was nice. talked to the guy who does the price drops and he told me that they get markdown "budget" to do clearances that are just for individual stores (not like these nationwide corporate clearances we primarily spot in this thread.) was super tempted to bribe him to let me know when he's dropping stuff. 

You must not have been following the penny guide thread. Every 4-6 months , IATCG comes back with a new username, messages those of us that were active in the thread, and if we are lucky, gives us negative feedback. 12 hours later , his account is banned again. That thread has also been dormant for close to 4-5 years as penny guides have completely dried up

He also messaged us “lucky” folk in the GameStop thread and spouted useless nonsense about reporting loopholes to corporate during promos. Best to just add him to the ignore list and move on, he’ll be banned again soon enough.
You guys left out that he also vascillates between that and a GSDave persona where he pretends to work for Gamestop and tries to be "helpful."

I'm driving past Scranton today. Cheapest Daver, if you're reading this, I will buy you the dollar menu item of your choice for an exclusive, tell-all interview!

You guys left out that he also vascillates between that and a GSDave persona where he pretends to work for Gamestop and tries to be "helpful."

I'm driving past Scranton today. Cheapest Daver, if you're reading this, I will buy you the dollar menu item of your choice for an exclusive, tell-all interview!
You'd have to get him out of his parents basement for that

Well, was able to find some more "stuff". Store had unmarked clearance, so I grabbed a few things.

DMC 5 SE ($4)
The Show 21 ($4)
Nioh Collection ($7)
Planet Coaster ($4.50)
Iron Man VR ($4)
NBA 2k21 ($2)
Persona 5 Royal ($20)

Extras:
Iron Man VR
Planet Coaster
The Show 21
The Pathless

Leaving a store with nioh collextion, Batman VR, immortals, the Show, and Iron Man behind. All full prices but JD21 and Battlefield 1 are discounted. These price change inconsistencies are crazy.

Forgot to add Neo WEWY

You must not have been following the penny guide thread. Every 4-6 months , IATCG comes back with a new username, messages those of us that were active in the thread, and if we are lucky, gives us negative feedback. 12 hours later , his account is banned again. That thread has also been dormant for close to 4-5 years as penny guides have completely dried up
“Penny games, just like penny guides, were NEVER meant to be sold in the first place. Thanks to everyone on here taking advantage I sent a certified letter with printouts of everyone on here discussing how to get 3 cent games and let them know that resellers were buying them up and selling them. It looks like they listened and closed this loophole. Also, to the entitled brats saying that CA requires them to sell it to you - what civil code or penal code is that? Exactly, none. You are not entitled to ANY games that are 3 cents. Hell, they don't have to sell you shit at all if they don't want to. Go cry about it.”

PM sent to me nearly a year ago

had to go back to walmart for a second time unfortunately but lucked out and got the jackie robinson mlb 21 steelbook for $4 so that was nice. talked to the guy who does the price drops and he told me that they get markdown "budget" to do clearances that are just for individual stores (not like these nationwide corporate clearances we primarily spot in this thread.) was super tempted to bribe him to let me know when he's dropping stuff.
That’s what they told me when they did a display laptop clearance

My Walmart had a few varieties of big boxes of Old Spice products clearanced. I didn't get to check the price since I was in a rush, but according to Brickseek they were as low as $1.

My walmart has a bunch of, I'm guessing, black friday movies out already.  A lot of new release BluRays for like $8 / $10 - Snyder Cut, Nobody, Godzilla vs Kong, stuff like that. 

So did anyone make their "Millions" off clearence or did we actually help one another get the titles wanted? I'm leaning toward the latter
I was able to get Nioh collection off eBay for $15 shipped. Seller definitely isn't making much after shipping and fees.

Was at my local yesterday and was suprised that everything I picked up from my last trip is still there save the Balan Wonderland.  It's been over two weeks, crazy.

So did anyone make their "Millions" off clearence or did we actually help one another get the titles wanted? I'm leaning toward the latter
Does it matter? For lots of us, it's about the hunt.

I spent about $120 and turned it into enough trade credit to pay off a Halo Series X console. Passing my launch Series X to my son, who is passing on his One X to his uncle.

Does it matter? For lots of us, it's about the hunt.

I spent about $120 and turned it into enough trade credit to pay off a Halo Series X console. Passing my launch Series X to my son, who is passing on his One X to his uncle.
Just was curious,that's all and that's great you managed and now passing down older one to son.I wasn't able to secure that variant so have to stick with standard series x but I did win another just recently

Technically not 'clearance' but in case anyone didn't see the CAG Twitter account's tweet, Wal-Mart has a price error on the digital version of the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Double Pack - it's $50 off making it ~$76 after tax for both games!
It's a single code that redeems both games on one console and gives you 600 My Nintendo Gold Coins as well as codes to get 100x Poke Balls & 12 Quick Balls in each game.

I received my code within minutes and have both games installing now (*they are time-locked until tomorrow's release date).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pok-mon-Brilliant-Diamond-Pok-mon-Shining-Pearl-Double-Pack-Nintendo-Switch-Digital/470379890?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_08QzQbwHpxyIURlyXJ0JCyx0UkGxZj0%3AUz3dRg0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_312361&clickid=08QzQbwHpxyIURlyXJ0JCyx0UkGxZj0%3AUz3dRg0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=612734&campaign_id=9383

[EDIT] Price error has been fixed - back up to $119.99.

Traded Yakuza LAD for Nioh Collection!

Still have:

• Puyo Puyo 2 (PS5)
  • Motocross 4 (PS5)
  • Balan Wonderworld (PS4)
  • Madden 2021 Next level Edition (XBOX)

Still looking for:

• DMCV SE (PS5)

I knew a guy who was trying to make it into the 7 figures on shipping containers full of shoes he got from Goodwill outlets, does that count?

Today, I got a few sports games for $1 (Nascar Heat 4 & RBI20 Baseball for XB1, Fifa21 & Madden 21 for Series X), Yakuza Like a Dragon Steelbook Series X for $3. But the big scores were Neo The World Ends WIth You PS4 for $10 and FFVII Remake Intergrade for $20.

Other titles marked down included Scarlet Nexus for $20, Predator Hunting Grounds for $5, and Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 for $9. Puyo Puyo Tetris for XB1/SX and Devil May Cry 5 I think were also fairly cheap. Kingdom Hearts All-in-One dropped to $10 at this store but was gone by the time I arrived.

BS for Intergrade and some others don't seem to work anymore though unless store has started marking them down. Like for that one may be pulling for web orders or to add for some upcoming sale.

Today, I got a few sports games for $1 (Nascar Heat 4 & RBI20 Baseball for XB1, Fifa21 & Madden 21 for Series X), Yakuza Like a Dragon Steelbook Series X for $3. But the big scores were Neo The World Ends WIth You PS4 for $10 and FFVII Remake Intergrade for $20.

Other titles marked down included Scarlet Nexus for $20, Predator Hunting Grounds for $5, and Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 for $9. Puyo Puyo Tetris for XB1/SX and Devil May Cry 5 I think were also fairly cheap. Kingdom Hearts All-in-One dropped to $10 at this store but was gone by the time I arrived.

BS for Intergrade and some others don't seem to work anymore though unless store has started marking them down. Like for that one may be pulling for web orders or to add for some upcoming sale.

What state are you in? I know some CAGers are afraid of hoarders and flippers, though knowing at least the state could help with searching for new game drops.

What state are you in? I know some CAGers are afraid of hoarders and flippers, though knowing at least the state could help with searching for new game drops.
Michigan. From my testing on Brickseek, the store in Jackson, MI seems to be doing many of the same deals or better. Zip there is 49202. Intergrade is showing up as only $10 there and with 3-4 in stock!

bread's done
Back