Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of that GS email, was there ever any follow up? I haven’t heard anything about my “free extra copy”.
Only stuff I heard was people in the thread mentioning to contact cs to get their replacement copies sent. I'd assume that they were going to send out the replacements but due to their order system being what it is and supply stuff they likely couldn't even find most of the orders/get enough to cover it.

Eng up having to price match both Neo and Nier. Both required an override as the in store price was different from online. Cashiers initially denied saying they don't price match, than that the price is wrong on the app, than that it's too much of a discount and lastly that it wasn't sold by Walmart.

Called a manager for both who verify none of those things were true and price matched no problem. 

So I went hunting for New Super Lucky's Tale (Switch) at two Walmart stores that Brickseek shows as having it in stock. Long post alert.

Store 1: Went in the day before Thanksgiving, BS shows they have 3 or 4 copies. Had to grab a few things while there so I did that first. After looking through the case, I go to the register and ask if the have it. Employee said if it's not in the case, then probably not. He then asks me what the name of the game is and is it the (one) with the little fox. I say yes and he looks through a box of games in the locked cages. Clearance games are locked up there due to theft. No dice. I see more Switch games on the shelves in the cage. I don't bother asking because I'm pressed for time and gotta start cooking for Thanksgiving. He asks if I had tried Gamestop, tell him yes and it's $35. Move on feeling a bit bummed.

Store 2: Brickseek shows "limited stock" meaning they may have 1 or 2 copies in stock. Go there today to check if they do indeed have it. There's only one employee working in electronics and he's running in circles trying to help people in line. Before getting in line, I check the cases and don't see it. After waiting in line for bit I finally get the chance to ask if they have it. He pulls it up on his phone and starts looking for it. After checking the case he comes back to the registers and checks a couple of drawers to no avail. He says that it shows they have 2 in stock but doesn't know where they could possibly be. I leave and have given up on looking for it.
That happens, cant 100% trust brickseek on inventory. Stores that suppose to have some in dont and the ones that suppose to not have some has them. Maybe check the ones that says out of stock or something

That happens, cant 100% trust brickseek on inventory. Stores that suppose to have some in dont and the ones that suppose to not have some has them. Maybe check the ones that says out of stock or something
Brickseek just pulls info from Walmart. In his story the associate confirmed he showed the same as brickseek so its not brickseeks fault.

Eng up having to price match both Neo and Nier. Both required an override as the in store price was different from online. Cashiers initially denied saying they don't price match, than that the price is wrong on the app, than that it's too much of a discount and lastly that it wasn't sold by Walmart.

Called a manager for both who verify none of those things were true and price matched no problem.
Ooooooo you pulled a 🤫aren

Went to pick up Neo for the Switch at a store 30 mins away (my dumbass thought the address was for another store 7 minutes closer). They still have one more Neo in the glass case, but the clerk denied price match cited they phased that out years ago.
Another store (where I found clearanced Nioh Collection and Fenyx couple weeks ago) supposedly have 2 more Neo, but I couldn't find it since everything on the bottom shelf super unorganized
Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
When I price matched they said they could do it because it was "shipped and sold by Walmart"

Anyone got a link to NEO The World Ends with You showing the $15 but OOS? I can't find it anywhere

EDIT: Meant to say for PS4

Hey, first post here. I wanted to post this the other day, but I had to wait.

I was able to pick up Neo TWEWY for $15, but the next day I got an email saying my order has been cancelled and they'd refund me. I checked my bank and I didn't have any charges for it. So basically I got a free game from Walmart.

For anyone whom ordered GOTG Deluxe edition, mine showed up today and Walmart was nice enough to toss in their Steelbook that went out with the base version, so keep an eye out

I love going into Walmart to price match NEO and Nier Replicant for $14.99 and the price for NEO reverts to $29.99 mid transaction and I get looked at like I'm some sort of wizard

Both show the same thing online saying unavailable for pickup but they were willing to price match NEO for $29.99 over Nier Replicant but not both even though they're the same thing. Convinced them to just give me Nier Replicant so I could get out ASAP and they obliged.

I went to 2 different Walmart and spoke to their manager just to get a price match of Nier Replicant for $14.99 from their OWN online store but no luck. I lost all hope until I tried GameStop to see if they can price match it.
They price matched it ! No need to argue or waste time with manager. Process was done in 10 seconds. Definitely stop by GameStop to price match in the future!

I see from past post about getting the NEO deal and being cancelled. Go give GameStop a try.

[attachment=36444:post-133261-0-64840000-1638229779_LI.jpg]

Went to Walmart to get my fiancée some pads and ice cream. They had a copy of NEO tagged 39.88. Rang up $15, no hassle. Sweet!

Also got Tribes of Midgard for $5.

Scanned as $15?! Oh boy here we go
It did! It came up 'restricted item,' but the restriction was 'is he over 17?'

THAT was weird because both games are rated T.

But the girl who came over just scanned her card and authorized the transaction after it asked my age. Nothing else popped up on the self-checkout.

It did! It came up 'restricted item,' but the restriction was 'is he over 17?'

THAT was weird because both games are rated T.

But the girl who came over just scanned her card and authorized the transaction after it asked my age. Nothing else popped up on the self-checkout.
That is weird. Did you buy anything else or just those 2 games?

Hey I have a couple extra in box DLC codes from the clearance games a few weeks back. I have one for Immortals ps5 and yakuza ps4. Let me know if you want one of them.

Edit: I just have immortals now

Went to Walmart to get my fiancée some pads and ice cream. They had a copy of NEO tagged 39.88. Rang up $15, no hassle. Sweet!

Also got Tribes of Midgard for $5.
Nice pickup on Tribes of Midgard for $5.00, that game is way too fun. Just wish more people would give it a chance.

Was tribes for PS4 or PS5?
Both, kinda?

Brickseek said my store had had ps5 for that price also, but ps5 was sold out.

Ps4 copy apparently has a ps5 upgrade available. It's from Gearbox, so I'd GUESS it's a free upgrade the way Borderlands 3 was.

So even though ps4 disc i might still have gotten the ps5 edition for that price?

Both, kinda?

Brickseek said my store had had ps5 for that price also, but ps5 was sold out.

Ps4 copy apparently has a ps5 upgrade available. It's from Gearbox, so I'd GUESS it's a free upgrade the way Borderlands 3 was.

So even though ps4 disc i might still have gotten the ps5 edition for that price?
Thank you. brickseek for the PS5 specific edition just says no info. Can't track any stores data.

It's real! It's really really REAL! Clearance priced video games at Wal-Mart, I mean. I just picked up Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Power Rangers, Dirt 5, and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for seven dollars each. Several other games were available on clearance, but they were either sports titles (feh), Rocket League (soccer with cars, so feh again), didn't interest me (Godfall), or were questionably priced (sixty dollars is not a "clearance" price).

Still though, this is the best catch I've had at a WM since the $30 deluxe Playstation TV and the three cent copy of The Wolf Among Us. I believe in Wal-Mart clearances again! It's a Christmas miracle!

It's real! It's really really REAL! Clearance priced video games at Wal-Mart, I mean. I just picked up Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Power Rangers, Dirt 5, and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for seven dollars each. Several other games were available on clearance, but they were either sports titles (feh), Rocket League (soccer with cars, so feh again), didn't interest me (Godfall), or were questionably priced (sixty dollars is not a "clearance" price).

Still though, this is the best catch I've had at a WM since the $30 deluxe Playstation TV and the three cent copy of The Wolf Among Us. I believe in Wal-Mart clearances again! It's a Christmas miracle!
Really Really Real ;)

Dirt 5 for what platform?

festivus-miracle.gif

Overheard a customer asking an employee looking to buy all the toshbia external hdds so I thought that was strange. So I went to see how much it was and the walmart app scanned "$25". Wish that customer left 1 for me.

IMG-7822.png

Overheard a customer asking an employee looking to buy all the toshbia external hdds so I thought that was strange. So I went to see how much it was and the walmart app scanned "$25". Wish that customer left 1 for me.

IMG-7822.png
I'm sure he was buying them for his friend, brother, uncle, second cousin-in law... Definitely not for flipping.

Those are only 1tb. That's amateur hour.

I got 3tb for roughly that price years ago at wally world.
Similar story, though a few years back. Bought two 4TB Seagate external drives for $25 at a walmart. Was $130 at most stores, random store clearance. Fair word of warning though... one was DOA out of the box. Wouldn't turn on at all, seagate warrantied it and sent a replacement. Still use both drives today for double redundant backups.

my walmart had a ton of those 1tb canvio drives, but a word of caution: the usb adapter is integrated directly into the hard drive itself, so they cannot be "shucked" to get a 1TB 2.5" sata drive for $25. I got a couple of them for refurbishing ps4s, but now I suppose I just have christmas presents  :whistle2:k

Man ive learned the hard lesson to never send first in a trade again. I’ve been curved by my trading partner and already sent my copy of DMC. It was actually delivered. Any mods available to help me?

Man ive learned the hard lesson to never send first in a trade again. I’ve been curved by my trading partner and already sent my copy of DMC. It was actually delivered. Any mods available to help me?
the mods aren't going to be able to get you your item if the other person has no intention on sending anything

This is why you have to really look into what feedback they have and just feel out the situation first. Curious what was the trade?

i was able to buy nioh collection online and return rebuy at store yesterday for $7 . thank you to whomever recommended it…i usually get shot down due to stickler employee bad luck so it was nice for a change to secure the bag!

This is why you have to really look into what feedback they have and just feel out the situation first. Curious what was the trade?
I did. 230 overall score excellent status and over 100% feedback on 100 trades..

WHAT I FAILED TO NOTICE is that the feedback is 10 years old. I think he was hacked.

DMC for NIOH. I sent DMC and it’s delivered. I haven’t heard from him since DMC was shipped. I had lower total FB so I shipped first. Never again.

I did. 230 overall score excellent status and over 100% feedback on 100 trades..

WHAT I FAILED TO NOTICE is that the feedback is 10 years old. I think he was hacked.

DMC for NIOH. I sent DMC and it’s delivered. I haven’t heard from him since DMC was shipped. I had lower total FB so I shipped first. Never again.
Are you sure you were scammed or just worried?

bread's done
Back