Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Worried that I was scammed.
That sux man. Not much you can do. Their used to be a list of bad traders on the trading forum but it’s no longer updated. Not much mods can do either other than flag him as a deadbeat trader. Good luck but it sounds like you got scammed.

That sux man. Not much you can do. Their used to be a list of bad traders on the trading forum but it’s no longer updated. Not much mods can do either other than flag him as a deadbeat trader. Good luck but it sounds like you got scammed.
Yeah worst case is that I was scammed and I can’t slice his tires or some ish….. it was just a $4 game plus $4 shipping but still that’s such a trash move, especially when there were so many legit users who wanted to trade but that particular user came first and I try to honor that.

To be clear though, I don’t know that users situation, so something serious could’ve happened, because the individual asked for clear pictures and all before agreeing to the trade. Qualities of someone who’s legitimate. Right after the agreement and address swap the user went ghost, yet appeared on the site once since then and that was the 30th. Haven’t shown up since. I’ve sent a couple messages asking for updates….. no response. Hopefully the person is alright, but if so and negative intent is proven they deserve the worst.

Worried that I was scammed.
I had a user on the gametz site I have linked in my sig take 2 months to send me my game. He would go weeks between communication. I did eventually get my game though. You seen pretty broken up about potentially losing $8. If it makes you feel better and calms you down, I will send you $8 paypal. Just pm me your email. If he ever does send you the game, you can just send the money back to me.

@Shiningslade. If anyone can contact the user just to make sure everything’s okay that would be great. I don’t care about the lost value as much as I’ll be stung if I’m scammed just for trusting. I’m more concerned about the user itself.

yea, with Omicron starting you don't know what could have happened. I hope it works out.
I hated to talk about political. Omicron is in international & how is gone wild in the US? You have to ask your government for it. Only the government & psychopath science peoples bring this thing to the US same as COVID 19.

I hated to talk about political. Omicron is in international & how is gone wild in the US? You have to ask your government for it. Only the government & psychopath science peoples bring this thing to the US same as COVID 19.
glad you decided to not go political and instead went all off the rails crazy

@Shiningslade. If anyone can contact the user just to make sure everything’s okay that would be great. I don’t care about the lost value as much as I’ll be stung if I’m scammed just for trusting. I’m more concerned about the user itself.
This guy used to be very active. Wonder what the deal is.

For a future pro-tip; in my other gaming groups on le Failbook, the rule of thumb is that both people pay each other the trade value over PayPal and then refund each other once the trade is complete.  That way cash is on the line should one fail to mail.

Up to you if you want to do that as there is likely a fee premium (don't use F&F as it doesn't cover scams, G&S only), but it's the small price of insurance on trades over the internet.

I don't trade because I hate the logistics headache.

And I'm lazy.

For a future pro-tip; in my other gaming groups on le Failbook, the rule of thumb is that both people pay each other the trade value over PayPal and then refund each other once the trade is complete. That way cash is on the line should one fail to mail.

Up to you if you want to do that as there is likely a fee premium (don't use F&F as it doesn't cover scams, G&S only), but it's the small price of insurance on trades over the internet.

I don't trade because I hate the logistics headache.

And I'm lazy.
so basically pretend like they're buying the game from each other to be covered by paypal?

and then keep the game the other person sent, and do a chargeback on your money? seems like a scammer still gonna scam
The point is then you do a chargeback (or file a complaint with PayPal, first) and get your funds back and fight the original chargeback.

Trades aren't guaranteed, but with equal amounts of cash involved thru a third party arbitrator, you're hedging the bet the best you can without getting some sort of lawyers or something involved (or face to face).

I recommend being a part of private game trade groups only, which are able to bar/ban people instead of public facing forums, subreddits, etc. Facebook is one place to find such groups, but I imagine there may be Discords and the like that control invites.

Otherwise, just buy the game you want and sell the game you don't.

This guy used to be very active. Wonder what the deal is.
Everything is all good. I just got busy with life & haven't been online in the past week. I did indeed just receive the game from Confidance tonight & his is going out first thing in the morning. I'm definitely not a scammer & I think I have numerous people on here that can attest to that from past trades. :cool: I apologized to Confidance for the delay so I hope all is well!

I just sent you a PM, sorry I've been MIA. Game will be shipped tomorrow morning! :)

Glad everything turned out well. 

Bainbridge walmart had neo twewy switch for 15 randomly and let me order it with my groceries. They brought it out to the car and put it in the trunk no muss no fuss. Now whether it's actually neo twewy or if its world war z inside will be a mystery.  

I got Death Stranding for PS5 for $25.00 and they have a whole bunch of other PS4, PS5 and XBOX one games stickered in a dark locked case. I saw F1 2021 PS4 and PS5 for $25.00 and can't tell from the others. These were stickered prices

The game scanned for regular price on the app and the counter, somehow the cashier scanned it differently to get the stickered price.

Price is all over the place, 10c, 50c, $1, $10 others. I need those headphone for the road of im not driving but I'll look for them if I ever go to Wal-Mart its not a must.
It’s definitely weird with the varying prices. Though I imagine at 10c or 50c, stores in my area would be OOS by now. Thankfully the earbuds aren’t the only reason I’ll be going to a store today. I have an item ready for curbside pickup and will go inside after that.

I got Death Stranding for PS5 for $25.00 and they have a whole bunch of other PS4, PS5 and XBOX one games stickered in a dark locked case. I saw F1 2021 PS4 and PS5 for $25.00 and can't tell from the others. These were stickered prices

The game scanned for regular price on the app and the counter, somehow the cashier scanned it differently to get the stickered price.
Did you check to see if they had the PS4 version of death stranding? I bought mine for $2 and it's $10 to upgrade to the director's cut which gets you all the PS5 upgrades. $12 instead of the $25 plus tax you paid.

Is everybody else's Brickseek premium working? It shows I'm a premium member, however I can't look at today's markdowns or popular searches, they're locked out.

sounds like they're basically charging you for the gift card
Yep. They have to charge for the gift card one way or another. Normally they would subtract the price of the gift card from the items, but when they are less than the cost of the gift card, you have to pay for the difference.

Hi all. I was told that WM puts these round color stickers on some games and it indicates there's a discount- is that true? I saw two games I wanted and wanted to check the price on them, but both rang up the price on the sticker (which was the normal price). 

Hi all. I was told that WM puts these round color stickers on some games and it indicates there's a discount- is that true? I saw two games I wanted and wanted to check the price on them, but both rang up the price on the sticker (which was the normal price).
The colored stickers on stuff marked the things that were Black Friday specials, the colors corresponded to a hand-written sign showing what price the sticker corresponded to (IE: orange = Price 1, blue = Price 2). Those are going to be leftover copies from BF that got put into the case or wherever, which would be whatever the current price is for those games.

The colored stickers on stuff marked the things that were Black Friday specials, the colors corresponded to a hand-written sign showing what price the sticker corresponded to (IE: orange = Price 1, blue = Price 2). Those are going to be leftover copies from BF that got put into the case or wherever, which would be whatever the current price is for those games.
Ah ok, thanks.

I've always seen those stickers before, long before BF, so it's kinda odd why they put them on there if they just ring up standard price.

I've seen that at one of the stores locally, they had stickered stuff well into the summer after BF because stuff just didn't sell. It's going to be the same, just stuff that didn't sell. One of my local Walmarts had Final Fantasy X/X-2 with a sticker from last BF until I stopped seeing it when I went clearance hunting in like August of this year.

Ah ok, thanks.

I've always seen those stickers before, long before BF, so it's kinda odd why they put them on there if they just ring up standard price.

Did you check to see if they had the PS4 version of death stranding? I bought mine for $2 and it's $10 to upgrade to the director's cut which gets you all the PS5 upgrades. $12 instead of the $25 plus tax you paid.
good advice, but no they didnt have the PS4 version and I traded my PS4 version away, long before ps5s came out.

bread's done
Back