Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just scored the motherload at one of my localish Walmarts. They had sooooo many games marked down for Xbox, PS5, and Switch.

I'm going to go grab some photos but here are some switch games:
https://imgur.com/gallery/5tm7ANX

PS5 and PS4 games:
https://imgur.com/a/MSISdsI

Xbox games:
https://imgur.com/a/ACgQrl3

Sorry for the bad quality and hope this means other stores are dropping as well

A little more info: per the person at my store they were told the manufacturers are not taking the games back this year so they will be just clearancing them
Can I buy a copy from you of Zelda Skyward HD and Cruisn Blast, Sekiro and Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2?

No it isn't. A going out of business sale at Walmart means half the games are empty and laying in the toy section
I found a handful of games in a bargin bin gardening section once. They just put a mess load of random stuff out there because it was a sunny summer day & I guess they thought it give them that summer yard sale vibe or something. Didn't last long though as at the time it was the semi open gardening area without a solid roof just a chain link & it didn't stay sunny :lol:

Regarding the "motherlode" from yesterday, would brickseek show those prices? I know someone posted it showed $5 for them, and I know Walmart is fickle with ymmv clearance but I've tried 6 different zips and don't see any price variance for the four or five games I tried.

Regarding the "motherlode" from yesterday, would brickseek show those prices? I know someone posted it showed $5 for them, and I know Walmart is fickle with ymmv clearance but I've tried 6 different zips and don't see any price variance for the four or five games I tried.
I have always seen BS show the clearance prices as long as they were actually in the system (one of my local Walmarts clearanced Skyward and it showed, and when I bought Octopath and a couple other things on clearance it showed). They can also change them back if they changed in error, like how Xenoblade is now a higher price at ones that had clearanced it, because it was a BF deal this year.

Walmart clearance is on a store-by-store basis though, so this one may just be trying to move old stuff that has been holding shelf space, especially with the statement that they can't send them back now. There was a thread I saw on a Switch facebook group where a Walmart about an hour away from me clearanced a bunch of stuff to $5, but none of the other ones around it did.

I'd love some consistency in their clearance, but I don't think it's that much of a concern at corporate. One of my locals has all their Roombas on clearance, and that's something I would think they'd rather return for whatever to the company than clearance to get rid of, for example.

I have always seen BS show the clearance prices as long as they were actually in the system (one of my local Walmarts clearanced Skyward and it showed, and when I bought Octopath and a couple other things on clearance it showed). They can also change them back if they changed in error, like how Xenoblade is now a higher price at ones that had clearanced it, because it was a BF deal this year.

Walmart clearance is on a store-by-store basis though, so this one may just be trying to move old stuff that has been holding shelf space, especially with the statement that they can't send them back now. There was a thread I saw on a Switch facebook group where a Walmart about an hour away from me clearanced a bunch of stuff to $5, but none of the other ones around it did.
Thanks for confirming my fear haha.

In my area I would say yes. Brickseek store prices have always been correct if I can get the store to actually show up on the list. It doesn't all the time though, sometimes I have to search multiple times over and over for certain store to come up on the list. Now as far as inventory numbers, you can't trust that. I've had it show zero at my local for certain titles I know are there, other times show a bunch of copies but the title was never seen in the store ever.

In my area I would say yes. Brickseek store prices have always been correct if I can get the store to actually show up on the list. It doesn't all the time though, sometimes I have to search multiple times over and over for certain store to come up on the list. Now as far as inventory numbers, you can't trust that. I've had it show zero at my local for certain titles I know are there, other times show a bunch of copies but the title was never seen in the store ever.
Agree with everything you said. Cant trust the inventory from my experiences, but if it shows a game at a price thats usually accurate but the bricksite is just buggy or something as it doesnt show stores most times and slow loading. Going to that motherload post my Wal-Mart's has a motherload of games in the glass case as in you can open the glass case and they spill out. Looking at it makes me think they gonna be on clearance to clear out for space and theres alot of ps5 Spiderman copies but they still shows $50 on sticker and bricksite

Brickseek is only good for pricing at this point as others have said.  Inventory is beyond a crapshoot ( it has gone both ways, saying there are none in stock when there have been over 3, and then showing they have 6+ and they have zero).  I wish we could figure out a trick to get Brickseek to work consistently, sometimes you have to search like 4 or 5 times to get it to pull up the local stores, at least in my experience.

Brickseek is only good for pricing at this point as others have said. Inventory is beyond a crapshoot ( it has gone both ways, saying there are none in stock when there have been over 3, and then showing they have 6+ and they have zero). I wish we could figure out a trick to get Brickseek to work consistently, sometimes you have to search like 4 or 5 times to get it to pull up the local stores, at least in my experience.
I made an account cause I thought I was limited to searches but turned out it was a waste of time.

To me it looks like that Walmart wants to downsize it's gaming section. I've got a couple by me that have tiny ones now so it's probably just that one store and got our hopes up lol. I checked brickseek for every game and all full price at every Walmart it listed.

To me it looks like that Walmart wants to downsize it's gaming section. I've got a couple by me that have tiny ones now so it's probably just that one store and got our hopes up lol. I checked brickseek for every game and all full price at every Walmart it listed.
during the last remodel at my local Walmart they took out the big shelving of games and put in new 4 foot tall shelving, kind of like what Target has, or used to have depending on your nearest Target. It is for security reasons, less places to hide from cameras and employees, but it also reduced the amount of physical game space in half.

I'm mad that brickseek keep saying "can not find results in the area" for tales of arise so I cant never see if its on clearance or not
Download a GPS spoofing app, I use Fake GPS Location on android, then spoof the address of the Walmart you want to check. You can then copy the UPC from brickseek and in the Walmart app click on barcode scanner -> type your barcode -> paste in the UPC and hit search.

It's a pain to search multiple locations this way, however it does at least show the in-store price from a remote location.

Brickseek is only good for pricing at this point as others have said. Inventory is beyond a crapshoot ( it has gone both ways, saying there are none in stock when there have been over 3, and then showing they have 6+ and they have zero). I wish we could figure out a trick to get Brickseek to work consistently, sometimes you have to search like 4 or 5 times to get it to pull up the local stores, at least in my experience.
To this point I'm certain I saw Madden 21 Next Level Edition for PS5 at a nearby store today. I checked Brickseek a day or two ago and it showed the 'no inventory found in the searched area' message.

Download a GPS spoofing app, I use Fake GPS Location on android, then spoof the address of the Walmart you want to check. You can then copy the UPC from brickseek and in the Walmart app click on barcode scanner -> type your barcode -> paste in the UPC and hit search.

It's a pain to search multiple locations this way, however it does at least show the in-store price from a remote location.
sounds like a lot to do just to get the stores showing.
Edit: didnt work for me, it crashes the site or something when doing that like page error or long loading and site is stuck on some other page
Edit: I think its only happens with tales of arise. I can see prices for everything else that I want but Tales. Makes me nerves that it could be $15 and not even know it

On family vacation in Colorado, was shocked to find the mythical video game clearance! Skyward Sword for $25 was also here, but there only one copy left so I quickly had an employee set it aside for me while I continued browsing. I personally picked up that, Xenoblade, and Farming Simulator 22. Also no, Halo Infinite wasn't $15, they just put extra copies in an empty clearance game slot.

https: // imgur. com/a/e6KRO1o
(Sorry pretty new so can't directly link, just take spaces out)

Just scored the motherload at one of my localish Walmarts. They had sooooo many games marked down for Xbox, PS5, and Switch.

I'm going to go grab some photos but here are some switch games:
https://imgur.com/gallery/5tm7ANX

PS5 and PS4 games:
https://imgur.com/a/MSISdsI

Xbox games:
https://imgur.com/a/ACgQrl3

Sorry for the bad quality and hope this means other stores are dropping as well

A little more info: per the person at my store they were told the manufacturers are not taking the games back this year so they will be just clearancing them
Maybe this isn't the same guy, but a friend of mine was at the Irondequoit NY Walmart and those titles and prices are the same he told me he saw. However, a dude (I'd bet $1 this dude here) got there before him and was cleaning everything out, wouldn't even let him get one copy of a few games that hoardo was getting multiples of.

edit: looks like I'd have lost that $1. My friend text me about it at 2pm, this person posted at 8:30am. So hey, looks like at least two Walmarts have these prices so more must as well.

They can also change them back if they changed in error, like how Xenoblade is now a higher price at ones that had clearanced it, because it was a BF deal this year.
Oddly my WM had Xeno at $10 with one showing clearanced from $20 and another showing clearanced from $50. Good prices on a bunch of games, but I'm too used to funny GS money that spending actual $ seems wrong even at good prices.

RKePgKH.png

I bought an elite series 2 controller at one Walmart and took it to another one that clearanced it out at $62 and did a return/rebuy. Looks like a lot of Walmarts clearanced it out for some reason but some still have it at full price.

Oddly my WM had Xeno at $10 with one showing clearanced from $20 and another showing clearanced from $50. Good prices on a bunch of games, but I'm too used to funny GS money that spending actual $ seems wrong even at good prices.

RKePgKH.png
You could have spent that $20 and made over $80 of GS funny money

You could have spent that $20 and made over $80 of GS funny money
At this point in my life, I'd rather have the $20. :dunce: I have a big enough stack of GS trade cards that I have to alternate the orientation to make sure they don't demagnetize.

they will demagnetize on their own?
Any card can demagnetize on its own when exposed to another magnetic source for a long enough period of time. But I've never heard of cards demagnetize each other. I certainly haven't encountered it and I keep 2-5 per slot in my wallet. Though it might be the type of cards in use are more prone to that.

Probably a good idea to update the OP and current page with located clearance items. I for one had to search a ton to see clearance possibilities.

Any card can demagnetize on its own when exposed to another magnetic source for a long enough period of time. But I've never heard of cards demagnetize each other. I certainly haven't encountered it and I keep 2-5 per slot in my wallet. Though it might be the type of cards in use are more prone to that.
Once I had a hotel card demagnetize on me at 2am, I had plenty of time to google that shit to figure out why. I also had a GS one demagnetize on me trying to run it thru the reader and needing to watch the employee punch in the number + pin was painful, that I assume cheapo trade cards like these aren't intended to last forever and more prone to issues than your normal credit card with chips.

But on topic... the Walmart app scanner search supposed to pull up the instore price or web price?

I'm not too sure how it works. I'm in store and sometimes I get store prices, other times it just shows the online price. End up using BS most of the time to check prices.

Local Walmart showed 2 Nioh collections in stock. I go and I have the guy scan the barcode and his phone shows 2 in stock so I ask if he can help me find them and he says oh we probably don't have any. I ask if we can check and he says it's probably a mistake. We probably don't have it. Then he says a store 10 miles away is showing 1 in stock and they probably have it. He was an older guy and English was not his first language so I gave up. He certainly did like the world probably.

Good news is that I saw 2 random Turkey Hill ice creams in other ice cream sections and they scanned to only a $1 so I looked for more but couldn't find any so check your local Walmarts and see. I found Vanilla and Mint choco. It's my favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream brand.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=12166232

Local Walmart showed 2 Nioh collections in stock. I go and I have the guy scan the barcode and his phone shows 2 in stock so I ask if he can help me find them and he says oh we probably don't have any. I ask if we can check and he says it's probably a mistake. We probably don't have it. Then he says a store 10 miles away is showing 1 in stock and they probably have it. He was an older guy and English was not his first language so I gave up. He certainly did like the world probably.

Good news is that I saw 2 random Turkey Hill ice creams in other ice cream sections and they scanned to only a $1 so I looked for more but couldn't find any so check your local Walmarts and see. I found Vanilla and Mint choco. It's my favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream brand.

oooof ice cream, I never think of anything but video games. I gotta stop and look for other stuff other then games. Good deal on that ice cream.

I just really hate bother Walmart employees and dealing with incompetent or unhelpful ones that’s why I still haven’t found a single clearance game from them like Nioh collection. Wish they would just be in a damn bin or have stickers on em. As for the ice cream, are they about to expire or something? The only turkey hill I buy are sweet tea and rocky road ice cream

I just really hate bother Walmart employees and dealing with incompetent or unhelpful ones that’s why I still haven’t found a single clearance game from them like Nioh collection. Wish they would just be in a damn bin or have stickers on em. As for the ice cream, are they about to expire or something? The only turkey hill I buy are sweet tea and rocky road ice cream
I went to Walmart on Saturday looking for xenoblade chronicles definitive. Brickseek said 2-3 in stock at $10. I spoke to 4 employees. Two told me they couldn't look it up, one couldn't communicate, and one told me she would look it up for me but she had other things to do. They all told me to ask at the electronics counter. I waited in line, and the woman told me she had no way of finding out inventory. All we could do was look in the case, but she was alone so wouldn't help me. I found another employee and explained the situation. She looked shocked but also said she wasn't able to look. She sent me to customer service. After waiting in line, customer service told me I could check the app. When I asked if they could check inventory the girl said no. I asked her to do it through her app in case it was different from mine. She said no it doesn't show anything. I admitted out loud how ludicrous it is that not even customer service can look to see inventory. I wandered a bit more, then asked an employee in a white button down about it. He walked me back to electronics, where a different person was behind the counter now. He told her to assist me, I showed her the picture of the game, she went to the back, then came back several minutes later to say they have 3 copies but she doesn't see them in the back. She walked me to the case to try and help me look. All in all I came up empty, but she even showed me on her device the inventory listing. I asked how I could get this info in the future and she was genuinely unknowing of why no one was giving me correct information. What a fun trip. This is every walmart in my area. Either they can't understand me and just immediately say no no we don't have, or they tell me to find someone else to help. Can't believe the last two employees were so...competent.

I went to Walmart on Saturday looking for xenoblade chronicles definitive. Brickseek said 2-3 in stock at $10. I spoke to 4 employees. Two told me they couldn't look it up, one couldn't communicate, and one told me she would look it up for me but she had other things to do. They all told me to ask at the electronics counter. I waited in line, and the woman told me she had no way of finding out inventory. All we could do was look in the case, but she was alone so wouldn't help me. I found another employee and explained the situation. She looked shocked but also said she wasn't able to look. She sent me to customer service. After waiting in line, customer service told me I could check the app. When I asked if they could check inventory the girl said no. I asked her to do it through her app in case it was different from mine. She said no it doesn't show anything. I admitted out loud how ludicrous it is that not even customer service can look to see inventory. I wandered a bit more, then asked an employee in a white button down about it. He walked me back to electronics, where a different person was behind the counter now. He told her to assist me, I showed her the picture of the game, she went to the back, then came back several minutes later to say they have 3 copies but she doesn't see them in the back. She walked me to the case to try and help me look. All in all I came up empty, but she even showed me on her device the inventory listing. I asked how I could get this info in the future and she was genuinely unknowing of why no one was giving me correct information. What a fun trip. This is every walmart in my area. Either they can't understand me and just immediately say no no we don't have, or they tell me to find someone else to help. Can't believe the last two employees were so...competent.
This is why after one unhelpful employee I have them call an ASM.

This is why after one unhelpful employee I have them call an ASM.
Fair enough. It was just one of those things that became more and more ludicrous...so, while incredibly frustrating, it also became somewhat of a personal quest to find a single person who knew anything.

When I used to work for Walmart the scanners used to have several apps (for different departments) where you could scan a barcode and it would tell you whether the store has them and how many units on hand. From what I remember they still wouldn't tell you where they were exactly.

bread's done
Back