Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by looking to see if Dying Light 2 was discounted. They had it for full price, no discount per other games.

At $49, I may have picked it up given the tons of bugs, but this will be $30-40 soon enough

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Stopped by looking to see if Dying Light 2 was discounted. They had it for full price, no discount per other games.

At $49, I may have picked it up given the tons of bugs, but this will be $30-40 soon enough

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Target has the Xbox version in their ad as part of their B2G1 sale that starts Sunday. All versions will probably be included in that sale.

people can make decent money and still be cheap as hell!
Exactly. I made enough while sleeping through my lunch break today to buy a full priced PS5 game, but it's the principle that matters. I won't reward scalpers no matter how cheap the game is. If it was $5 and some scalper is now selling it for $20, I could easily buy it but I refuse to reward them for buying out of all the copies. It's really an example of greedy capitalism at its worst, but that's a whole other story that I'm not going to get into here, kiddos.

Topic reeks of so much justice.

The deals you post here I buy and sell 2-10x up charge just so you know.

Anyway heard they are doing another switch game mark down late February for my store. Wouldn't be shocked with income tax and needing space with February stacked.

Exactly. I made enough while sleeping through my lunch break today to buy a full priced PS5 game, but it's the principle that matters.
Who talks like this? It sounds like some neckbeard’s fantasy life. Don’t forget to mention all the 9’s and 10’s you date.

Who talks like this? It sounds like some neckbeard’s fantasy life. Don’t forget to mention all the 9’s and 10’s you date.
If you're a normal adult then what I'm saying isn't a "fantasy" by any stretch of the imagination. You've got it backwards, in fact. Neckbeards are the ones who buy out every single clearance game at Walmart to make a few bucks profits per game while grown adults have careers. Or if they're unemployed are making big bucks on investments and NFTs. Sorry you missed most of the normal developmental milestones in life. I didn't want to brag, but yes, my girlfriend is an Instagram influencer who most would rate a 9 or 10. Life is good when you play your cards right in life.

If you're a normal adult then what I'm saying isn't a "fantasy" by any stretch of the imagination. You've got it backwards, in fact. Neckbeards are the ones who buy out every single clearance game at Walmart to make a few bucks profits per game while grown adults have careers. Or if they're unemployed are making big bucks on investments and NFTs. Sorry you missed most of the normal developmental milestones in life. I didn't want to brag, but yes, my girlfriend is an Instagram influencer who most would rate a 9 or 10. Life is good when you play your cards right in life.
Ballers don’t post on CAG. Take your fantasy life to Facebook clown

Ballers don’t post on CAG. Take your fantasy life to Facebook clown
I would respond but I don't even have the time. I just got an alert on my phone about some of the investments and six figure NFT offers I've been negotiating with a few very famous people. Play nice, kiddos.

He was under the same name so likely he got banned,came back and then decided his negative vibes weren't welcomed
I don't think his original account is banned or was banned at the time. But probably suspended. Anywho yeah it's obvious that was blades alt account more than likely.

Another Walmart in my city completely just started clearancing out things overnight as the one i got my original haul from dried up. I didn't have time to check everything in the case but I saw like Watch Dogs PS5 for $7, Control PS5 for $15. I walked to the side and there was even more clearance games that were not in the case and a dude checking his phone and he grabbed like 9 games in his cart alone lol

Ending up grabbing Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for my lady for $7 on XBO and DMC 5 SE for $10 for Series X. Had Nier Replicant PS4 in my hand that was $20 but decided to pass on it for now, may grab it if someone hadn't picked it up yet

A store in my area that's very quick with clearance games just restarted for after Christmas. I saw Ps5 control ultimate, Just dance 2022, XBX DMC 5: SE for $10. That was just the highlights.

Awe, did I miss a good kerfuffle over retail arbitrage? 

Feb~ is when clearance season kicks off again, so waiting for the notice soon.

However, not many games I want.  I would probably just be getting trade fodder depending on price.

Kerfuffle indeed, Looked like someone had their panties in a bunch over nothing," flexing" on a walmart clearance thread...people are weird.

I hit two local Wally-Worlds yesterday, first one I did some phone scanning and came up empty handed, the second I had an employee price check a bunch of stuff, but he used a walmart employee app on his cell phone (I kinda looked over his shoulder, it said like "Me @ walmart") and everything was full price. They had a ps4 copy of Immortals Fenyx Rising that probably would have been cheap, but I kinda just said screw it and didn't bother. Wondered if he had one of those little "phone like" hand scanner things the prices would have been different.

I got the FF VII PS5 version for 20$ last week online for delivery with a grocery order, and at one of the stores when I scanned on my phone it popped up at 20$ - but I'm not sure if that is because I bought it at that price? It showed like "purchased" next to it when it pulled the price, 

Brickseek shows $50 everywhere around me.

Not sure how accurate brickseek is at the moment but i'll be sure to add MonHun Stories to my pricecheck list. 

What does it mean when you scan an item in store and it brings up an item page with no price? Brickseek says Monster Hunter Stories 2 is out of stock at $49.95, but my local store has two on the shelf. I know that if it comes up as an unknown item it means that it is a markdown, but I've never seen it do that before.

What does it mean when you scan an item in store and it brings up an item page with no price? Brickseek says Monster Hunter Stories 2 is out of stock at $49.95, but my local store has two on the shelf. I know that if it comes up as an unknown item it means that it is a markdown, but I've never seen it do that before.
Probably has to do with Walmarts app not doing in store pricing unless you have Walmart+. Get someone to scan it, assuming you can't find a wall scanner.

99% of the time Brickseek is correct on price. If inventory is off, its because of Walmart's shitty inventory management. Don't blame brickseek because even tho you found 5 copies of Pikmin 3, they will show 0 on-hand too when they scan it with their handhelds, just like Brickseek said.

I know the inventory is spotty, just seems like the price has been a little funky lately, and a lot of stuff is not showing up at all in search results

About a year ago from a former clearance round of games, I happened upon an off brickseek and walmart kerfluffle. The game in question said limited stock. It may or may not be there. Go to check for it, can’t find it anywhere, employee says the usual “if you don’t see it we don’t have it”. The next day I check brickseek and now it’s red and says sold out. Two days later I visit the same store, said game still says no stock yet it’s plain as day locked in the game cabinet, which it wasn’t there days prior.

About a year ago from a former clearance round of games, I happened upon an off brickseek and walmart kerfluffle. The game in question said limited stock. It may or may not be there. Go to check for it, can’t find it anywhere, employee says the usual “if you don’t see it we don’t have it”. The next day I check brickseek and now it’s red and says sold out. Two days later I visit the same store, said game still says no stock yet it’s plain as day locked in the game cabinet, which it wasn’t there days prior.
My honey hole walmart from a month ago now was showing limited stock, and sure as anything they were locked in the cages behind the register. So its sorta accurate on stock, but sometimes they have lazy employees who can't be bothered to check the back. Sometimes inventory is off, so many different things it could be.

went today.

PS4

$25 doom eternal

$25 persona 5 strikers

$20 it takes two

$20 scarlet nexus

$20 world ends with you neo

$20 biomutant

$10 watch dogs legion

$4  overcooked all you can buy

I just wanna see games going down to $3.50 or anything under $9 like the nioh collection and such last year. That was crazy clearance would love for scarlet and tales of arise as well as Sony exclusives to do that. Those deals were like everywhere and singled out.

I just wanna see games going down to $3.50 or anything under $9 like the nioh collection and such last year. That was crazy clearance would love for scarlet and tales of arise as well as Sony exclusives to do that. Those deals were like everywhere and singled out.
Yeah, the good old days. I visited about 11 walmarts over a weeks time. Timing was perfect as I was on a road trip so it was easy to hop off/on highways.

The Pokemon Diamond and Pearl double pack is $0.03 at some stores. You'll probably need 100 CHR to actually get it for that price

I prefer to use intimidate myself.

Yeah since the registers lock them out, I think there is a very small chance of that actually working.
Even since they've started blocking some 3 cent games at the register, others still ring up normally so you're still able to get them sometimes.

Wait wait just to be clear is this a switch with both games?
Edit
Nevermind its just both games together was expensive. That shh showed $269 at walmart made me think it was switch as well.

Honestly, if you wanted that game from most WM you’d have to steal it. Most employees aren’t going for that .03 shit anymore
That and they don't typically let you check out upfront these days. Iirc the trick used to be to grab something m rated so they would have to do the override thing. Then it would just be ignored for anything else after since they already have to override the first time.

That's what I remember reading though as I've never had any of this clearance in my area. Lowest I ever got was the 1$ 3ds and 10$ switch stuff a few years ago.

bread's done
Back