Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Stranger of Paradise PS5 for $6. Saw it for $15 on Brickseek couple days ago, changed to $6 today
These WM locations are crazy. Either you live somewhere where no one can afford anything, or WMs there are run by fools.

Will never have a WM near me do this. Games around here sell at MSRP. Drop $5-10, and then they fly off shelves!

You guys are getting discounts??

ds0tHQ7.jpg

I don't even have a Walmart in my county. There are 2 county's nearby though with them.
Where as I have two Walmarts in my county and every surrounding county has atleast two... but the nearest best buy and target stores are one to two counties away and like at the opposite end of those counties.

I have a target in the next county with the Walmart oddly enough both with Starbucks in their shopping plazas directly across from each other. The only best buy is 30-40 minutes away. Such is life out in the boonies. We don't even have a McDonald's in my area. Though we do have a burgerking. And 2 Starbucks in the same shopping plaza because why not.

Is Walmart still discounting new releases 10 dollars in store? I’m considering getting DioField and Elysium later this month.

Slim pickins at my local Wal-Mart, but I did manage to get the Xbox version of Scarlet Nexus for ten dollars, which I understand to be a pretty good action RPG. PGA Golf (2021?) for the Switch was also there for ten dollars, but eh. The cheapest game was Nascar Heat for five dollars, but I have plenty of racing games and didn't feel the need to move around in circles for a half hour.

Looks like Brickseek doesn't really work for Walmart in my area anymore. Everything I look up says it can't find any stores that have it

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Slim pickins at my local Wal-Mart, but I did manage to get the Xbox version of Scarlet Nexus for ten dollars, which I understand to be a pretty good action RPG. PGA Golf (2021?) for the Switch was also there for ten dollars, but eh. The cheapest game was Nascar Heat for five dollars, but I have plenty of racing games and didn't feel the need to move around in circles for a half hour.
NASCAR hasn't been good since 2004. Yet I always seem to buy them, and they always half ass them worse then Madden or NBA.

I found the following games on clearance at a couple different Walmarts yesterday.

Switch
Ni no kuni ll: revenant kingdom princes edition $5

XBL
Dead by daylight nightmare edition $5
NHL 22 $5
Nerf legends $5
Devil may cry 5 special edition $5
Scarlet nexus $5

PS4
Five nights at Freddy’s help wanted $1
Nerf legends $1
Street outlaws 2 $5
Neo: the world ends with you $5
The dark pictures: House of ashes $5

PS5
Tony hawk pro skater 1&2 $1
Alien fireteam elite $5
Farming simulator 22 $10
Jurassic world evolution 2 $10
Returnal $10
Riders republic $10
Guardians of the galaxy $10
Doom eternal $10
Hot wheels unleashed $10

Looks like Brickseek doesn't really work for Walmart in my area anymore. Everything I look up says it can't find any stores that have it
Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
You’re right. I checked out the prior post (thank you tyz1n) before this one and searched for numerous PS5 games, some I know for sure are in stock at local stores. All results say nothing found.

I found the following games on clearance at a couple different Walmarts yesterday.

Switch
Ni no kuni ll: revenant kingdom princes edition $5

XBL
Dead by daylight nightmare edition $5
NHL 22 $5
Nerf legends $5
Devil may cry 5 special edition $5
Scarlet nexus $5

PS4
Five nights at Freddy’s help wanted $1
Nerf legends $1
Street outlaws 2 $5
Neo: the world ends with you $5
The dark pictures: House of ashes $5

PS5
Tony hawk pro skater 1&2 $1
Alien fireteam elite $5
Farming simulator 22 $10
Jurassic world evolution 2 $10
Returnal $10
Riders republic $10
Guardians of the galaxy $10
Doom eternal $10
Hot wheels unleashed $10
Returnal for $10,sometimes I feel these post be trolling the ones without a photo.

You’re right. I checked out the prior post (thank you tyz1n) before this one and searched for numerous PS5 games, some I know for sure are in stock at local stores. All results say nothing found.
Wish we can show photo much easier on here but my app mostly alwaya say that. This time it says "walmart inventory checker results maybe limited at this time, we are actively working to resolve this" which is funny cause always been messed up for me, off and on for a year now.

Wish we can show photo much easier on here but my app mostly alwaya say that. This time it says "walmart inventory checker results maybe limited at this time, we are actively working to resolve this" which is funny cause always been messed for for a year off and on.
So what's the best way to check then?

So what's the best way to check then?
IDK, go in a check for yellow cleance sticker all I can say. If the thing is broken then it won't show results. Also for anyone else shouldnt a working brickseek scan work as well as a walmart plus app. Wal-Mart app scans for the price and brickseek app scans the barcode for inventory price so both should be the same. Just brickseek is always broken and unliable then the walmart app.

This time it says "walmart inventory checker results maybe limited at this time, we are actively working to resolve this" which is funny cause always been messed up for me, off and on for a year now.
lol, was thinking the exact same thing as that has been my experience as well. Not to mention correct in-store pricing on Target items stopped working like a year ago. I don't understand how they can try and sell people on something like a premium membership when shit is constantly breaking and it's so unreliable.

Walmart removed their scanners in stores, stopped letting you check prices in the app, and now this. So frustrating.
This shit, GameStop fuckery with their inventory system not showing the true levels, Best Buy not showing local store clearance, these stores really leaning into the self-fulfilling prophecy of “No oNe vISiTs Our StOreS AnYMorE” Stop making it so annoying to shop in your store and we won’t do all of our shopping online maybe!?!

This shit, GameStop fuckery with their inventory system not showing the true levels, Best Buy not showing local store clearance, these stores really leaning into the self-fulfilling prophecy of “No oNe vISiTs Our StOreS AnYMorE” Stop making it so annoying to shop in your store and we won’t do all of our shopping online maybe!?!

Unfortunately most retailers are doing this. I have to explain to customers when they say things like "wow it's only you working here??" where my reply is 'the company's whole goal is to have you go online so they don't have to pay me anymore'. Retail stores are setting up brick and mortar specifically to fail.

Unfortunately most retailers are doing this. I have to explain to customers when they say things like "wow it's only you working here??" where my reply is 'the company's whole goal is to have you go online so they don't have to pay me anymore'. Retail stores are setting up brick and mortar specifically to fail.
Which would be fine, but specifically in the instance of Walmart and GameStop, their online shopping experiences are straight trash as well.

All the shipping companies are already stressed close to breaking as it is. USPS is heading for a strike. These greedy corps can fuck themselves. Sorry for the rant.

Which would be fine, but specifically in the instance of Walmart and GameStop, their online shopping experiences are straight trash as well.
Especially GameStop. Last time I ordered a couple of "New" Switch games they shipped me some opened copies from some random store in Louisiana. fucking dishonest shit. Plus they've been consistently closing brick & mortar locations including the one that used to be in my town, so now the closest is several miles away in headache-inducing traffic and it's a hassle just to return something.

Returnal for $10,sometimes I feel these post be trolling the ones without a photo.
Definitely not. I actually do have a receipt for Returnal.. that’s not a $70 game anymore lol as I need it for eBay sales since I sell most games I beat. I go to at least ten different Walmarts a month because I just like to clearance shop in general. I just recently decided to respond to posts as I’ve been looking at CAG for years. So figured id let others know my findings if they like to hunt! A lot of Walmarts are remodeling near me so they are clearning a lot of inventory. I also pay for premium brickseek. You can see pricing that way even with the system being messed up for the ones having problems.

Did not upload with my other post, I’m still learning how to do stuff on CAG. Lol I highlighted Returnal.

Edit; picture won’t post for some reason.

Especially GameStop. Last time I ordered a couple of "New" Switch games they shipped me some opened copies from some random store in Louisiana. fucking dishonest shit. Plus they've been consistently closing brick & mortar locations including the one that used to be in my town, so now the closest is several miles away in headache-inducing traffic and it's a hassle just to return something.
THAT is what breaks it for you? Same old same old. Getting mad about gut copies like it's 2005.

Hey just think about the fact in another ten years you won't be able to buy new release physical games or movies in stores at all and thus won't have clearance to check for.

Walmart removed their scanners in stores, stopped letting you check prices in the app, and now this. So frustrating.
Yeah thats frustrating and lame. They probably know about all these cheap clearances of games being shown on brickseek so they changing it. Guess only thing we can do is just wait for nationwide deal like nioh and dmc last year.

They released a new notice saying something like they updated to account for the change, you'll have to check the app. Basically from what i read, Its gonna have that unknown status most of the time for the stock.

The current solution is better than the constant "no results found" from before. However it's taking an ungodly amount of time to load search results :/

They probably know about all these cheap clearances of games being shown on brickseek so they changing it.
The brilliant mustache-twisting conspiracy of putting things on clearance to get rid of them and then going through the effort of making then harder to find/buy.

Found at a store near me:

Switch:

Katamari Reroll $5

Ps5:

Godfall $5
Rabbids Legends $15
Evil Dead the Game $15
Farming Sim 22 $7
Bassmaster 22 $7
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands $20
NHL 22 $5

Xbox/series x:

Hitman 3 $10
World War Z $5

There were some others but those were the noteworthy ones. And some that I grabbed.

Found at a store near me:

Switch:

Katamari Reroll $5

Ps5:

Godfall $5
Rabbids Legends $15
Evil Dead the Game $15
Farming Sim 22 $7
Bassmaster 22 $7
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands $20
NHL 22 $5

Xbox/series x:

Hitman 3 $10
World War Z $5

There were some others but those were the noteworthy ones. And some that I grabbed.
😢 did they have a clearance tag?

Got a Blue Hori Switch Split Pad Pro Controller for Nintendo Switch for $25 on clearance at the Walmart near me.

They also had a lot of other accessories on clearance but almost everything was sold out.

Earlier in the week, a local Walmart had the following:

:ps4: Outriders $5

:xb1: PGA Tour 2K21 $5

:xb1: Hades $10

Saw a price tag at this store but sold out already

:ps4: Gran Turismo 7 Launch Edition $10

Today, went to another Walmart & scored a Gran Turismo 7 Launch Edition for $24.

They also had the following clearance (mostly middling but future drops might make things interesting):

:switch: Xenoblade Chronicles DE $35

:switch: Katamari Damacy Reroll $15

:switch: Nick Kart Racers 2 Grand Prix $24

:ps4: Crash Team Racing $25

:ps4: Rabbids Party of Legends $30

:ps4: Mass Effect Remastered $30

:ps4: Guardians of the Galaxy $20 (PS5 version same price)

:ps4: Tony Hawk PS 1&2 $24

:ps4: Lego Harry Potter $9

:ps4: Katamari Damacy Reroll $9

:ps4: Little Big Planet 3 $9

:ps4: Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection $9

PS5 Grid Legends $25

PS5 Jumanji $9

PS5 Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order $9 (sold out)

:xb1: Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Camo $75

bread's done
Back