Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed a $25 pair of blue Hori split switch controllers yesterday -- I was surprised to see them on the shelf.

The store app was actually showing me prices.  Does it only do that while "in store" now?

Just got back from my local.  Was hoping to maybe find one of those switch pad pros, sticker was there but they were all gone.  Can't really complain since I held off going til I had to get other stuff.

However I did luck out and found the following,

The Witcher III Complete Edition - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=658322898

Mario Tennis Aces - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=398355044

The Mario Tennis surprised me even though I know its subpar as I've never seen 1st party Big N games ever on clearance.

Just got back from my local. Was hoping to maybe find one of those switch pad pros, sticker was there but they were all gone. Can't really complain since I held off going til I had to get other stuff.

Mario Tennis Aces - $5

The Mario Tennis surprised me even though I know its subpar as I've never seen 1st party Big N games ever on clearance.
$15 for Witcher near me. We already have it, but good value. Maybe we'll have some good clearance this fall after all.

Just got back from my local. Was hoping to maybe find one of those switch pad pros, sticker was there but they were all gone. Can't really complain since I held off going til I had to get other stuff.

Mario Tennis Aces - $5

Got excited at the possibilities for a moment but then that quickly faded when I checked and saw that both are $49.94 everywhere around my neck of the woods. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

They released a new notice saying something like they updated to account for the change, you'll have to check the app. Basically from what i read, Its gonna have that unknown status most of the time for the stock.
The "Unknown" status thing essentially makes it completely useless for anything other than checking price. Not that stock numbers were at all accurate before in general -- but sometimes they would be. Anyway I noticed that while they got the checker partly working again at Brickseek it now uses a noticeably smaller search radius than before. It now takes 3 searches with different zip codes to do what I used to be able to do with a single search. Sigh.

The "Unknown" status thing essentially makes it completely useless for anything other than checking price. Not that stock numbers were at all accurate before in general -- but sometimes they would be. Anyway I noticed that while they got the checker partly working again at Brickseek it now uses a noticeably smaller search radius than before. It now takes 3 searches with different zip codes to do what I used to be able to do with a single search. Sigh.
I welcome unknown vs none in area when you could be looking at items in the store.

The quantity has always been buggy though, it says 0 when they have it or says they have it when they don't. I never really trusted it in the first place so I'm glad to be able to just check the prices again.

The quantity has always been buggy though, it says 0 when they have it or says they have it when they don't. I never really trusted it in the first place so I'm glad to be able to just check the prices again.
Yeah, quantity was crap it be like 3 left but then you go in it'll be none or says 0 but then there be a few left. Knowing the price is all that matters.

I saw:

Ni No Kuni II Switch $15

Life is Strange True Colors Switch $20

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins PS5 $25

Tales of Arise PS5 $20

Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 $20

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins PS4 $25

Not sure if anyone is interested in toys, but they had the Sonic 2 characters (4", lots of points of articulation) for $5/each on the regular clearance aisle at my local store.  They were yellow stickers so super YMMV.   Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails were shown... I didn't pick through the whole shelf to see if Robotnik was there.

Went to the Walmart in ashtabula ohio. Sorry if the picture is blurry, was in a hurry. Main highlights were

$30 Ghost of tsushima directors cut ps4
$20 final fantasy strangers in paradise
$20 resident evil village ps4
$20 Fnaf game
$10 hades ps4

[attachment=37375:IMG_20221004_110647.jpg][attachment=37376:IMG_20221004_110651.jpg]

Not sure if it’s still the case, but that physical Hot Wheel in the Challenge Accepted Edition (of Hot Wheels Unleashed) was selling for a fair bit of money on eBay when the game first released.

Went to the Walmart in ashtabula ohio. Sorry if the picture is blurry, was in a hurry. Main highlights were

$30 Ghost of tsushima directors cut ps4
$20 final fantasy strangers in paradise
$20 resident evil village ps4
$20 Fnaf game
$10 hades ps4

IMG_20221004_110647.jpg IMG_20221004_110651.jpg
How you upload pictures like that. Anyways I went to Wal-Mart today and took a picture of alot of games with yellow tags. RE village was $22, spiderman miles morales limit edition at $38(meh) cyberpunk $11, ghostwire $33, deathloop $28, others $8 or $33 nothing I really want or cheap as I wanted. Just waiting on that none yellow tag deals like nioh 2 etc like last year price

My walmart stores look like they are in the process of getting rid of games all together.  Last week they ahd about 9 games in the PS4 case.

Closest store to me had the glass break 6 months ago and they still haven't fixed it, all the games are in the back.

My walmart stores look like they are in the process of getting rid of games all together. Last week they ahd about 9 games in the PS4 case.

Closest store to me had the glass break 6 months ago and they still haven't fixed it, all the games are in the back.
lol that sounds like the walmart on the south side of my city, glass door was broken for a long time so all games was either in the back or desk and they were to lazy to look in the back for the games last year that was $3 even though brickseek said that they had few. Haven't been there in a long time cause it dangerous there but I should drop by see if they have games on clearance like the one walmart above.

lol that sounds like the walmart on the south side of my city, glass door was broken for a long time so all games was either in the back or desk and they were to lazy to look in the back for the games last year that was $3 even though brickseek said that they had few. Haven't been there in a long time cause it dangerous there but I should drop by see if they have games on clearance like the one walmart above.
Go early in the morning

Not sure if it’s still the case, but that physical Hot Wheel in the Challenge Accepted Edition (of Hot Wheels Unleashed) was selling for a fair bit of money on eBay when the game first released.

Who cares what sells on eBay for what price? People should be here for deals as gamers.

Who cares what sells on eBay for what price? People should be here for deals as gamers.
While I agree with that... if you don't care for the car, then it would make for a nice rebate towards buying more cheap games if it's still wanted by hotwheels collectors.

Glad someone got the gist of the comment.
I do see how you wrote it now looking back. It was easy to misinterpret. I still stand by what I said though, people shouldn't be looking into buying collectors editions for the purpose of reselling parts. If someone doesn't want the trinkets then just buy the base game.

Got some cheapies at the Squalid-Mart! Final Fantasy 7 remake and Doom for $15 each, Ni No Kuni 2 and Biomutant for $10 each. Could have gotten PGA2K21 for $3, but I can't even figure out how to play it on Switch, so... nope!

I want to just play a few holes in the practice mode, but that menu is like a MAZE, man. It looks like it's trying to push me through the career mode, but I don't want that kind of commitment. Just let me shag some balls! That's it! I don't want to be Tiger Woods here.

So my store has none of the new drops that are being mentioned, but I did find more copies of Planet Coaster and Nioh Collection from the last round surprisingly show up again.

The case is already overflowing with games that don’t sell, but let’s add more instead of pricing them to move

So my store has none of the new drops that are being mentioned, but I did find more copies of Planet Coaster and Nioh Collection from the last round surprisingly show up again.
The case is already overflowing with games that don’t sell, but let’s add more instead of pricing them to move
Wow really? That's crazy!

Wow really? That's crazy!

Yeah it is. I remember when we were hunting those!

So much for the “everything is out on the shelf” line
I recall a few years ago before covid I was looking for a Pokemon 3DS game. I had plans on a weekend road trip and I called a store that was hours from my home, yet in town I was visiting, asking if they had a game in stock as brickseek, when I used to work well, said 3 were in stock. The electronics rep answered and said 'nope not in stock' very quickly, as if they personally knew every item off the top of their head.

Days later I was in that town and went to the store. Walked to electronics and right on the shelf WITH a shelf tag was the game, 3 copies sitting there. I went electronics and asked for the rep by name who told me on the phone none were in stock. It was them! Told them I was the person who called a few days before asking for the game and it was plain as day right on the shelf, that next time actually look for a customer and not lie to them.

If the pokemon game was a new release it's more than probable that it wouldn't be on the shelf at release.  Most stores don't stock new release games on their release date.

I'd imagine a lot of walmart employees in electronics are there by themselves and worse these days as they are also often over the photo printing area which used to be a separate thing with different employees.  So the default answer to any in stock question when they can't go look (just busy) or don't want to look is "No".   This saves them some grief as I'm sure anyone who has worked there a long time has figured out when you tell someone that something is there and then they show up and it's sold out, you get a lot more hell than the person who you told no to and never came by or did only to be surprised to see it on the shelf.  I don't blame them for not wanting to go look.

If the pokemon game was a new release it's more than probable that it wouldn't be on the shelf at release. Most stores don't stock new release games on their release date.

I'd imagine a lot of walmart employees in electronics are there by themselves and worse these days as they are also often over the photo printing area which used to be a separate thing with different employees. So the default answer to any in stock question when they can't go look (just busy) or don't want to look is "No". This saves them some grief as I'm sure anyone who has worked there a long time has figured out when you tell someone that something is there and then they show up and it's sold out, you get a lot more hell than the person who you told no to and never came by or did only to be surprised to see it on the shelf. I don't blame them for not wanting to go look.
While I get that they might be understaffed and it may be a stressful job at times, as someone who worked retail for years I took pride in my work and was never so lazy and dismissive as a lot of these people are. I tried to do whatever I could and never lied to people.

As far as the 3DS Pokemon game goes it surely was not a new release. This being CAG, if someone here mentioned it and was looking for it then I would imagine it was most likely a clearance item. I seem to recall Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, X, and Y being discounted to like $3 or $4 a few years ago at some locations. That would be my guess as to the most likely scenario to fill the situation.

Four big boxes of clearance marked vidya at one of my nearby Walmarts. Didn't look at the PS5, PS4, and Xbox stuff, but for Switch they had:

* Maneater $19

* Hades $14.50

* Pikmin 3 $25

* Persona Strikers $15

* Monster Jam $12

* DC Super Villains $10

Looked like they were getting rid of one off stuff they won't be restocking, probably.

Four big boxes of clearance marked vidya at one of my nearby Walmarts. Didn't look at the PS5, PS4, and Xbox stuff, but for Switch they had:

* Maneater $19

* Hades $14.50

* Pikmin 3 $25

* Persona Strikers $15

* Monster Jam $12

* DC Super Villains $10

Looked like they were getting rid of one off stuff they won't be restocking, probably.
Good stuff. Sadly, none of these prices seems to be available in my area though.

When your nickname is the king, anything is possible.
2vJ1wK.gif

Man, hit two wally-marts way outside my normal area yesterday, and one of my local stores on Saturday.

Nothing worth mentioning at all, one store had like.... 5 markdown games per section and they were crappy/not heavily discounted. The other just had like one crappy FPS with a yellow tag on the clearance shelf.

Had a guy price check a copy of Monster Hunter stories floating around on a wire rack in the hard plastic security case thinking maybe it hit a markdown being not in the display case, but no dice. 

Really hoping for some more "secret clearance" soon its been dry for awhile and I'd love a few good deals.

Also quick anecdote/funny story. A local store to me had two of the asus ROG routers that went YMMV Clearance per slickdeals, I needed an upgrade and figured a 150$ router for like $50 bucks was a good deal so I got one. They actually still had one in stock when I was there the other day and they raised the price back up so that its only like 15% off instead of ~70% off.

his job at burger king is better
Actually the the Burger King down the street from my local Wallyworld is offering starting pay $3.00 a hour more than the Walmart. So this statement may actually be factual in some aspects. I still wouldn't care employment at either establishment "good" though.

bread's done
Back