Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't he have the amount of hate slickdeals used to have here for basically doing the same thing and having a worse effect on deals than slickdeals ever could hope to have?
It's because of the comments section. It's a hive of scum and douchery like almost any other comments section. But then it's also populated with greedy assholes. Whom actually deprive clearance deals to the rest of us.

Wario zeroes in on all sorts of niche specific fan products that many of us are after. Many of which would not be interesting to resellers, including pre-orders. I am continuously surprised how often he unearths new figures, books, jrpg related merch that are specific to my interests, and core gamer fandom.

Ay news on Walmarts BF add yet? i went to half a dozen Gamestop stores around my area and none of them had P5 Strikers, Nioh 2 Special Edition or Last of Us 2... my last hope would be Walmart having a deal on these games, or at least a few others i want like Scarlet Nexus, Neo TWEWY or both Nino Kuni games.

I have a feeling the ad won't be dropping until Sunday.

Ay news on Walmarts BF add yet? i went to half a dozen Gamestop stores around my area and none of them had P5 Strikers, Nioh 2 Special Edition or Last of Us 2... my last hope would be Walmart having a deal on these games, or at least a few others i want like Scarlet Nexus, Neo TWEWY or both Nino Kuni games.

My AMES had cla huge stack of Conkers BFD for next to nothing. I didn't have an n64 at the time and I was also like 9 years old. They didn't enforce age limits on games back then but I had no money and mom couldn't justify buying games we didn't have a system for.

Ouch.
I also actually remember seeing stacks of Conker's BFD for N64 at Ames too on clearance, for $20 I think. Silly me, I already had it so didn't buy any more.

For whatever reason they seem to refuse to get past DVDs, that's most of their stock. I don't think they even carry UHD Blu rays based on my last trip there.
My local Walmart has a very small 4K UHD section and usually get a few 4Ks in the new release section, if the movie is big enough.

Black Friday deals are being marked on Walmart's product pages now. Forbidden West has a "Black Friday deal" tag and is marked for $35 on 11/21. Not sure if this is only showing up for Walmart+ members or not. 

Stopped by one of my local stores during lunch and grabbed a BR copy of Spider-man No Way Home for $10.  They also had the 4K version for $13.  I have no way to watch 4k and no desire to buy a player... so figured no point in spending extra.  Beyond that I was somewhat tempted by $13 for Venom 1&2 Combo on BR... and No Time To Die $10 BR but passed.  The main line marvel movies (Spider-man being Sony) were DVD only so an easy pass.  They had a hunger games collection for $10.. but pretty sure it was just DVD (included a mockingjay pin)... which I already have those movies on dvd or br from previous BF's years ago.

Stopped by one of my local stores during lunch and grabbed a BR copy of Spider-man No Way Home for $10. They also had the 4K version for $13. I have no way to watch 4k and no desire to buy a player... so figured no point in spending extra. Beyond that I was somewhat tempted by $13 for Venom 1&2 Combo on BR... and No Time To Die $10 BR but passed. The main line marvel movies (Spider-man being Sony) were DVD only so an easy pass. They had a hunger games collection for $10.. but pretty sure it was just DVD (included a mockingjay pin)... which I already have those movies on dvd or br from previous BF's years ago.
4K versions usually come with a Blu Ray and a digital code. Both series X and PlayStation 5 disc play 4K. It's worth the extra $3 to future proof yourself.

4K versions usually come with a Blu Ray and a digital code. Both series X and PlayStation 5 disc play 4K. It's worth the extra $3 to future proof yourself.
The 4K version included the BR and digtial. The BR version included the DVD and digital. I actually might make use of the DVD version as one of my kids sometimes will play dvd's on his computer through a second monitor while playing games.

I'm opting out of the PS5 and Series X and don't own and have no desire to buy a 4K tv until one of my current tv's die and hopefully that's well after the TV's with ATSC 3.0 built in get a lot cheaper (they are too expensive right now and I mainly watch tv over the air).

But yeah, for $3 more it's worth it if you plan to ever make use of it. I have a couple movies I bought the 4K/BR version because at the time it was the cheapest way to get the BR version (previous BF's at walmart). But I'm not paying extra for the 4K version that I may never use.

This doesn't appear to be related to Black Friday, but I found the following Switch games for $28 a piece:

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Mario Tenis Aces
  • Astral Chain
  • The Witcher 3 (Switch)
  • Bravely Default 2
These weren't even in the games section; they were hidden amongst the cell phone cases. 

As always, YMMV. I know someone on here mentioned a similar deal a long time ago, but it seems to have finally made its way to my neck of the woods.

I'd grab Astral Chain at that $28 if I stumbled across that deal.   But no such luck, which I guess is fine as I wasn't that hyped for it... just thought it looked like a bit of fun.

This doesn't appear to be related to Black Friday, but I found the following Switch games for $28 a piece:

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Mario Tenis Aces
  • Astral Chain
  • The Witcher 3 (Switch)
  • Bravely Default 2
These weren't even in the games section; they were hidden amongst the cell phone cases.

As always, YMMV. I know someone on here mentioned a similar deal a long time ago, but it seems to have finally made its way to my neck of the woods.
Would like to check these on Brickseek but it's been so damn borked lately that (at best) it only seems to show one random store in the area at a time. It's basically unusable at this point. Shit there is getting more and more broken all the time. Oh well..... this is probably an isolated case and they are likely all still $49.94 anyway.

dunno if this is new but walmart opened the sealed xbox controller that I returned. guy said they are doing it with most electronics

Now they do it. :roll:   I bought a crystal Dualshock 4 years ago on clearance and threw it in the closet.  Opened it 2 months ago and some A-hole had switched in a POS nonworking one...front looked perfect, but you could tell it was used from the back.  Seals looked good too when I bought it.  Lesson learned...triple check all the seals.

Anyone know if there's a list of games from the past year or so? I picked up NBA 2k21(ps5) for $2 and they had a bunch more games on the bottom stacked behind. Didn't want to bother the guy working there to check prices on all the games.

Now they do it. :roll: I bought a crystal Dualshock 4 years ago on clearance and threw it in the closet. Opened it 2 months ago and some A-hole had switched in a POS nonworking one...front looked perfect, but you could tell it was used from the back. Seals looked good too when I bought it. Lesson learned...triple check all the seals.
Similar thing happened to me when I bought a Shadow of the Tomb Raider steelbook from Gamestop. Bought it new, came in the mail and just put it in the pile. 6 months later I go to check it out and find out it was a used copy.

Went to Walmart to pickup some groceries for dinner but didnt see anything with clearance stickers and the games i asked the clerk to scan were full price.

has anyone found any decent shadow cleareance games on Walmart that werent available at other retailers? i already got Farcry 6, Last of Us 2, Scarlet Nexus and Sekiro DC.

Finally found some clearance deals at a walmart near me where the manager is a hardcore Karen and/scrooge that refuses to discount games. I find some good/older/rarer games marked at MSRP or clearance with literally $.01 off the price with a tag saying last markup 9/27/21.

Well today scrooge finally discount some games and of course this this 1,000,000% ymmv. So much so it makes me think this thread is almost pointless nowadays except the occasional nationwide clearance like last fall 2021.

[attachment=37541:60DC23B4-DE5A-4A3A-B9E7-DD43B9437C2F.jpeg]

[attachment=37542:2DC915F1-876C-4DE5-B7D9-D59133D8ADB1.jpeg]

Now that brickseek basically doesn't work yes target and Walmart clearance is even more ymmv.
I really hope Brickseek can find a way to correct their issues with Walmart’s inventory tracker, although I wouldn’t be surprised if Walmart were making it difficult/inoperable in hopes of driving people to their app (which isn’t great either). I’ve gotten so many good deals over the years using Brickseek, and I found their site sometimes better reflected inventory totals than Walmart’s own website.

Not a single purchase from WM (or GS) this year for BF. Didn't see many deals that interest me. (Pat myself on the back for showing some restraint :))

Now they do it. :roll: I bought a crystal Dualshock 4 years ago on clearance and threw it in the closet. Opened it 2 months ago and some A-hole had switched in a POS nonworking one...front looked perfect, but you could tell it was used from the back. Seals looked good too when I bought it. Lesson learned...triple check all the seals.
I've learned the hard way to always carefully examine anything purchased at Walmart, especially if it was marked-down or labeled as clearance, and to do so BEFORE leaving the store if at all possible. Bought a bicycle rack for my car awhile ago that was on clearance and when I opened it later at home got the nice surprise of finding out that it had clearly been used by someone quite a bit because it had very obvious and significant wear and tear to it. Something similar happened another time when I purchased a wireless keyboard and it was essentially a glorified paperweight because it was missing the receiver. And another time I there was a Nintendo Switch title that came in an external sleeve around the case and when I slid it off and went to open it I noticed the wrap was missing and there was no cartridge inside -- I was in the parking lot and immediately went back inside for a refund and thankfully they didn't give me trouble when I explained the situation because I really thought they were going to. Oh and yet another time I purchased a box fan labeled clearance and when I got it home and plugged it in the damn thing just made a buzzing sound and the blades wouldn't spin.

So to sum up, Walmart absolutely loves to re-seal shit without checking it and then just haphazardly put it back up for sale -- especially things that have been marked as clearance, and it often doesn't seem to matter if it's not in proper saleable condition.

Similar thing happened to me when I bought a Shadow of the Tomb Raider steelbook from Gamestop. Bought it new, came in the mail and just put it in the pile. 6 months later I go to check it out and find out it was a used copy.
Lord, don't even get me started on GameStop's scummy & dishonest practices lol.

The Walmart I frequent had Callisto Protocol out early on the display case for PS5 ($69.99) and PS4 ($59.99). I thought it wasn't supposed to be out till Dec 2nd.

I'm not a Wally World shopper but is it normal for their web (not 3rd seller) and in store price to not match? Grabbed a copy of PS5 RE Village (vanilla) for $20 but it rang up $39.99. Said something to the cashier and she scanned it with her phone and confirmed the $20 price...

I'm not a Wally World shopper but is it normal for their web (not 3rd seller) and in store price to not match? Grabbed a copy of PS5 RE Village (vanilla) for $20 but it rang up $39.99. Said something to the cashier and she scanned it with her phone and confirmed the $20 price...
This is increasingly becoming the norm for retail stores -- and that's not a good thing.

In some ways, it's taking a page out of Amazon's play book. It's the use of price discrimination to send different prices to different buyers. Ideally, retailers want to find what a customer's purchase price is and sell that item to that customer for that price. Let's say there are two shoppers, A and B. A would pay $50 for Item X. B would pay $20 for Item X. If the store can only offer one price, it will only be able to it to A or B. Putting Item X on sale for $20 would only make the store $40. But if the store could sell the item for multiple prices, then it could make $70 by selling it for $50 to A and $20 to B.

This is something Amazon has been researching/playing with for some time. Eventually, I expect it to launch some form of this price discrimination/targeting to its customers.

Retailers like Target/Walmart would love to do the same thing, and it may be that they're trying to do it between those who shop online and those who shop in-store. The problem with this, of course, is that retailers are pushing their online apps as tools to use in-store so offering two different prices defeats their goal of using price discrimination.

It is probably a reason why you're seeing some discount promotions that only work when you order it online vs. in-store. As those retailers capture more of your data, I'm sure it'll figure out ways to target specific discounts to find out what your maximum purchase prices are for products.

:ps4:  Predator Hunting Grounds  $10.00 

Price came up on Brickseek at a couple local Walmart stores near me.  Odd thing happened though, the Wal-Mart cashier price-checked it on his hand scanner and it came up as $10.00,  then it came up $19.93 during checkout at the electronics register.  He price-matched it to the hand-scanner price.

At the same Wal-Mart store I found a bunch of Rollbacks on some games, many of them were rolled back from $19.93 to $14.88.  However, the SAME thing happened when I brought a $14.88 game (Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit for Switch) to the cashier.  It scanned at the register at $19.93, but was coming up $14.88 on his hand-scanner and my Wal-Mart phone app.  He price matched it to the app price of $14.88

Here were some other noteworthy titles:

:switch: Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Complete Special Edition $14.88

:switch: Fast & Furious: Spy Racer Rise of SH1FT3R $14.88

:switch: Puyo Puyo Tetris $14.88

:ps4: Star Wars: Squadrons $14.88

:ps4: Mortal Kombat 11 $14.88

:ps4: Cooking Mama cookstar $12.88

:ps4: Riders Republic $14.88

I highly recommend checking these prices with the Walmart app at the store rather than using the actual registers.

Any suggestions on the best way to handle a Walmart.com order return in-store?

I just attempted to initiate the return online.  I wanted to return some toys that I bought on Black Friday that I had found cheaper in a Walmart store, but it said that my refund was already underway and that I didn't need to bother returning them. 

It also said that I could "use, donate, or dispose of any unwanted items."

WTF?  :shock:

Any suggestions on the best way to handle a Walmart.com order return in-store?

I just attempted to initiate the return online. I wanted to return some toys that I bought on Black Friday that I had found cheaper in a Walmart store, but it said that my refund was already underway and that I didn't need to bother returning them.

It also said that I could "use, donate, or dispose of any unwanted items."

WTF? :shock:
they dont want the used toys your kids drooled all over so they just gave you a refund and let you keep the items. try not to abuse the system though; they can ban you if you go crazy with returns

Does Walmart price adjust twice? They price adjusted my pre order last time and now it’s even cheaper
If the price is getting lowered and they still haven't charged your card, yes, it's possible. It happened to me once several years ago when I ordered a game to pickup in store and the price got adjusted to the lower in-store price because it was on clearance at that specific store.

If the price is getting lowered and they still haven't charged your card, yes, it's possible. It happened to me once several years ago when I ordered a game to pickup in store and the price got adjusted to the lower in-store price because it was on clearance at that specific store.
Just chatted with them and they refunded my nfs subversion edition from $70 to $55

bread's done
Back