Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I dont even play RnC but its tempting for that clearance price if it's still there
If you haven’t played this game it’s definitely worth it. It’s still one of the better looking games that came out on ps5 so far. It’s a damn shame we haven’t gotten anything that looks remotely good as demon souls.

If you haven’t played this game it’s definitely worth it. It’s still one of the better looking games that came out on ps5 so far. It’s a damn shame we haven’t gotten anything that looks remotely good as demon souls.
I had a ps5 for a year, and havent played none of Sony 1st party. Only ps4 to ps5 upgrades and not even 3rd party ps5 games I believe.

yeah, I dont even play RnC but its tempting for that clearance price if it's still there
It's listed as $29.97 at the walmarts in my area with unknown stock. Even at that price, it's worth it. I loved the game and platinumed it. It's worth more than that. If you can find it for only $16, it's a no brainer. I will rebuy the game at some point if it doesn't come to PS+ Premium.

It's listed as $29.97 at the walmarts in my area with unknown stock. Even at that price, it's worth it. I loved the game and platinumed it. It's worth more than that. If you can find it for only $16, it's a no brainer.
Same here. I seen it dropped to $29.97 at stores Friday night, along with some other rollbacks (Quarry, FarCry 6, etc.). I haven't seen any games on clearance though for a while.

I had a ps5 for a year, and havent played none of Sony 1st party. Only ps4 to ps5 upgrades and not even 3rd party ps5 games I believe.
Well what big releases has there even been? I mean you had Horizon Forbidden West early in the year and then God of War: Ragnarok most recently but nothing else really jumps out at me. Mind you I'm not a PlayStation guy and don't have one so it's possible I'm forgetting things, but yeah, it seems to me like it's been pretty lackluster. I get the sense that if I had a PS5 I'd be like, "where are all the heavy hitters?"

Well what big releases has there even been? I mean you had Horizon Forbidden West early in the year and then God of War: Ragnarok most recently but nothing else really jumps out at me. Mind you I'm not a PlayStation guy and don't have one so it's possible I'm forgetting things, but yeah, it seems to me like it's been pretty lackluster. I get the sense that if I had a PS5 I'd be like, "where are all the heavy hitters?"
Eh I haven't played anything because I'm been waiting on good deal for them. As I don't buy anything over $20 these days. Spiderman, horizon, returnal, maybe demon souls is on my list. Spiderman is mostly my must have of them all.

Eh I haven't played anything because I'm been waiting on good deal for them. As I don't buy anything over $20 these days. Spiderman, horizon, returnal, maybe demon souls is on my list. Spiderman is mostly my must have of them all.
Definitely get demons souls. It can be a bit annoying in the beginning but it was worth it. Godfall was also worth it for $20 or less as much as people wanna make fun of it it was fun. It was actually similar to god of war gameplay wise and was super addicting

For people on the lookout for movie deals, there are a select few 4K movies and DVD season series on sale for $3.96 each.  It's in a Clerks III advertising display near the electronics desk.

BTW, these DO NOT show up on the Wal-Mart website.

4K Ultra HD ----- $3.96

• Power Rangers
  • Midway
  • American Assassin
  • Anna
  • Angel has Fallen
  • KIN
  • The Spy who Dumped Me
DVD series ----- $3.96

• Ashe vs Evil Dead S1
  • Narcos S1 thru S3 pack
  • Orange is the New Black complete series
  • Walking Dead / Fear the Walking Dead seasons (can't recall which ones)
Also have some Blu-ray the best of which is John Wick 3 along with a few DVD for newer movies like Knives Out.  

Not amazing, but not bad.

My Wal-Mart was clearancing out the big talking Grogus in a bag that were $35 for $13. If they were lifesized I would've bit. Who wants an oversized Baby Yoda?

Wow so I had reported that I didn’t receive a package I ordered and was told to contact them again after 48 hours if I still don’t receive it. So I went to the chat option and the automated chat just refunded me for my order. Good job Walmart

I think it only works on items that are available for pickup in store because I tried it on Horizon Forbidden West, Callisto Protocol, Saints Row and It Takes Two  and it worked on them since they're available for pickup.

I scored on a gaming deal I've been tracking for many months now....

ASUS ROG Strix Gaming Desktops, AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, 1TB HD & 256GB SSD, Windows 10, Gray, G10DK-WB764

SKU: 797509896 UPC: 195553172578

Saw this on clearance in a walmart store this summer, from $1200 to $700 clearance. Didn't need or want a gaming PC though have been tracking it for a while now. Over xmas a store not too far from me finally dropped it to $489. Scooped up the last one which was in the back room, box mint as could be though covered in dust.

[attachment=37665:EEE1E50D-7523-4183-961F-C80E8673BECE.jpeg]

ASUS ROG Strix Gaming Desktops, AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, 1TB HD & 256GB SSD, Windows 10, Gray, G10DK-WB764

Saw this on clearance in a walmart store this summer, from $1200 to $700 clearance. Didn't need or want a gaming PC though have been tracking it for a while now. Over xmas a store not too far from me finally dropped it to $489. Scooped up the last one which was in the back room, box mint as could be though covered in dust.

EEE1E50D-7523-4183-961F-C80E8673BECE.jpeg
surprised you found an employee at walmart to help you. I was at one last night and they didn't even have time to stock the milk section

surprised you found an employee at walmart to help you. I was at one last night and they didn't even have time to stock the milk section
Funny you say that. I called about 7 times throughout the day yesterday, maybe once an hour. Dialed the extension for electronics, customer service, even order pick up. Not a single department answered the entire day yesterday. Finally last night I called the deli extension and they actually answered the phone. I wasn't going to drive to the store about an hour away unless I was able to confirm it was actually in stock.

So I have a little bit of a problem with an online order.

So a good while ago I ordered Bayonetta 3 preorder and a cheap instore pickup in one order, Paypal payment. For some reason it says delayed indefinitely on my order page on the Bayonetta 3 portion. I tried twice to cancel it via online customer service, both of them saying it'll show up as canceled within a couple days.

That was a few weeks ago. Order's still there like before.

I'm pretty sure the order's paid for since I used Paypal, so I'd really like a refund on that portion ... or the game to just ship so I can return it, that'd work fine too. Is there a form of customer service that's got elevated authority so I can get this solved? Online reps don't seem to be able to do anything and they really push it on you as a first wall of defense.

I’ve got two nearby on brickseek for that price but say quantities unknown

EEE1E50D-7523-4183-961F-C80E8673BECE.jpeg

So a good while ago I ordered Bayonetta 3 preorder and a cheap instore pickup in one order, Paypal payment. For some reason it says delayed indefinitely on my order page on the Bayonetta 3 portion. I tried twice to cancel it via online customer service, both of them saying it'll show up as canceled within a couple days.

I'm pretty sure the order's paid for since I used Paypal, so I'd really like a refund on that portion ... or the game to just ship so I can return it, that'd work fine too. Is there a form of customer service that's got elevated authority so I can get this solved? Online reps don't seem to be able to do anything and they really push it on you as a first wall of defense.
Contact them again and ask them to escalate if they still tell you to wait another few days. Just be sure to let them know it's been weeks now and you still haven't been refunded. I would also give them the reference number for the previous customer service requests you've made. There is no form for escalating, they have to do it on their end. If that doesn't work and depending on how long ago you made the preorder you can contact Paypal since they give you a year for refunds. You can also try contacting them via social media, that seems to do the job this day and age.

Several years ago something similar happened to me when I ordered Dark Souls 2 for the ps4. It went weeks without shipping and it wouldn't cancel. I emailed them and they escalated me to 2nd or 3rd tier CS got it resolved after a couple days and they even emailed me a bunch of random gift cards.

Why do you say "pretty sure the order's paid"? Can't you look at your paypal account to check the transaction history?

worth a shot for that $489 Asus with 3060 and 16gb of ram and AMD Ryzen, but struck out driving 30 min each way and calling a few places that were way out of reach. Seems like whether they had it in stock or not, they wouldnt let me know about it :p

the place I went too took a LONG time to look in the back and pulled out the i5 3050 $899 model but I didnt bite. I wanted the $489 one haha

thanks anyways, just got started with PC gaming with steam deck maybe simple setup is for the best for now

worth a shot for that $489 Asus with 3060 and 16gb of ram and AMD Ryzen, but struck out driving 30 min each way and calling a few places that were way out of reach. Seems like whether they had it in stock or not, they wouldnt let me know about it :p

the place I went too took a LONG time to look in the back and pulled out the i5 3050 $899 model but I didnt bite. I wanted the $489 one haha

thanks anyways, just got started with PC gaming with steam deck maybe simple setup is for the best for now
Never call sir, just waste the gas to go out there or don't go at all. Your stuff may mysteriously disappear while en route if a greedy employee catches wind of your good deal.

That is unfortunate! I hope you can find one. I'm using mine right now running benchmarks and planning out an upgrade roadmap.

Never call sir, just waste the gas to go out there or don't go at all. Your stuff may mysteriously disappear while en route if a greedy employee catches wind of your good deal.
generally agreed but when you're under the weather and shouldn't even be doing an hour round trip, with limited stamina, its better than nothing (imo, but not by much)

just hope you talk to an employee who doesnt really care about this stuff

like I said in person, wasted 20 minutes with them fiddling in backroom I think they just didnt want to give it up but nothing I can do about that.

Still $500 saved by not getting :p

but I am jealous of people who got on the deal no doubt.

I think im also a few days late from any realistic chance

Not only should you never call, you also should never talk to employees. They will be greedy and keeps its for themselves in the back. You should always go in the back and look for yourself. As long as you act like you belong back there, nobody will bother you.

You also should never pay at a register. The greedy employees have code words to get managers to deny sales so that they keeps its for themselves. You should put an Infowars bumper sticker and cash in nonsequential bills in an envelope marked “for goods and serviceses” and hand it to the person checking receipts at the door. Walk briskly but with a nonthreatening demeanor. Don’t make eye contact, but that’s rarely an issue.

Every True CAG knows this. The world is against you. It conspires against you. Your only defense is your wits. Someone may say the problem is Walmart’s shit inventory system, but they’re just part of the scheme to deny CAGs from the dealz.

Struck out 3 times trying to find that desktop at stores that said they had some on a Walmart employee’s stock checking phone app. One store said “oh we have the store display in the back, but we won’t sell it to you. That’s going back to the vendor for credit”

Contact them again and ask them to escalate if they still tell you to wait another few days. Just be sure to let them know it's been weeks now and you still haven't been refunded. I would also give them the reference number for the previous customer service requests you've made. There is no form for escalating, they have to do it on their end. If that doesn't work and depending on how long ago you made the preorder you can contact Paypal since they give you a year for refunds. You can also try contacting them via social media, that seems to do the job this day and age.

Several years ago something similar happened to me when I ordered Dark Souls 2 for the ps4. It went weeks without shipping and it wouldn't cancel. I emailed them and they escalated me to 2nd or 3rd tier CS got it resolved after a couple days and they even emailed me a bunch of random gift cards.
Tried again, I asked for an elevation but they sidestepped my request, gave me a $10 promo code, and tried to resolve it again with a refund "within 24-48 hours." I guess I'll have to be more aggressive if in a few days it still hasn't been refunded, but the polite side of me trying to work with them gets in my own way as much as their first line of defense does.

I walked by the switch section today and half of the games were sold out with placeholder cards directing me to walmart.com.

Christmas rush or is Walmart planning to stock less physical games?

I walked by the switch section today and half of the games were sold out with placeholder cards directing me to walmart.com.
Christmas rush or is Walmart planning to stock less physical games?
That shyt like that everywhere, my Wal-Mart's, other Wal-Mart's, targets. I mean I was in there like a week before Christmas and it was fine then after nothing.

I know for a fact that the guy who works electronics at my local store resells big ticket items. He's the happiest employee at the store. :bouncy:

Today’s haul.
They also had:

Sackboy $10
Returnal $15
PAC-Man World $10
Tony Hawk 1+2 $15
Minecraft Dungeon $10

[attachment=37695:0D8C80A6-5608-43C9-82D2-6C22E4F9E31F.jpeg]

Returnal was the only time I ever took advantage of the Gamestop G2L. $15 is about what the game is worth. There's not enough content to justify a $70 tag.

Arkham Knights Deluxe Edition PS5 $45
Crash Bandicoot 4 It's About Time PS4 $25
Callisto Protocol PS4 $30
Callisto Protocol PS5 $35
F1 2022 PS5 $15
Ghostwire Tokyo PS5 $15
The Quarry PS5 $15

bread's done
Back