Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way I'm mad, I shouldve listen to my own advice and got it when i went back up there Tuesday.
I stopped second guessing myself and just buying things when I see them on clearance now. I’ve done it several times and when I go back someone always ends up wiping the shelves completely. There’s to many people on discord/other apps in groups spreading clearance items so they can profit it’s ridiculous. Doesn’t matter where you live small town or not there’s always someone trying to profit off something now a days.

Time for these stores to put down limits on these products then. When telling people on here we dont give out locations or anything. I think I seen older Asian guy going through some stuff with his phone.

Time for these stores to put down limits on these products then. When telling people on here we dont give out locations or anything. I think I seen older Asian guy going through some stuff with his phone.
Before it was just Slickdeals to deal with, now it so many different groups to with the same info that you can't do anything about it.

This is never gonna happen. The entire point of clearance is to get these items the hell out of the store. They don’t care who is buying them as long as they are gone.

This is never gonna happen. The entire point of clearance is to get these items the hell out of the store. They don’t care who is buying them as long as they are gone.
I know I was just mad/maf at myself, cause I wanted it so bad and was looking forward to playing it earlier then expected at a cheap price. Now I gotta wait a couple years for that price to drop.

You know what I was just thinking, there just 2 copies of wo long ps5 and wild hearts Xbox. I now noticed my walmart doesn't even sell the new big Japanese games like that. Those 2 others if they did they'll clearance a couple maybe.

Not seeing any clearance prices on brickseek for any of these titles in the stores around me. Wonder if I should pop in store to see if they might be clearanced anyway

I'm starting to think WM changes the UPC numbers on products that are on clearance because all those games show up full price to me in every WM I've ever been to within a 30 mile radius.

I'm starting to think WM changes the UPC numbers on products that are on clearance because all those games show up full price to me in every WM I've ever been to within a 30 mile radius.
Theres a difference between local clearance and nation wide clearance. Local has the yellow tags on it or under it. Nation wide will show up on brickseek and the games doesnt have no yellow tag or no sign of a sale tag and the only way to know is to scan. Also for local clearance as a guy at walmart told me which was obvious that its up to the manager, guess some of us has a walmart with a great manager. Also i think he said manager of the manager like the guys hire up gives to play or something idk I started zoning out. Anyways I might be wrong but thats how i see it.

None of the really fun stuff y'all been posting, but saw this. Also No More Heroes III for 25.[attachment=37855:20230404_195627.jpg]

Somebody cleaned out the PlayStation clearances and I think Nintendo as well. Left Xbox stuff but seriously though wiped out ps area only thing left cyberpunk that's been sitting for years which is funny. Also think my walmart is nearing it's end on video game clearance.

Somebody cleaned out the PlayStation clearances and I think Nintendo as well. Left Xbox stuff but seriously though wiped out ps area only thing left cyberpunk that's been sitting for years which is funny. Also think my walmart is nearing it's end on video game clearance.
Anything decent on Xbox?

Is there anyway to check Wal-Mart store stock online at all?

I purchased an decent Speaker (Sony XB43) from AWD for $55, and apparently, I can stereo link it up but the speaker is selling for about $100 used online. I seen an Wal-Mart Store nearby 50mins away has it on clearance. But the electronic worker I have spoke to is telling me its not her job to look for clearance items, that she claims are in the clearance section. I doubt an $250 speaker marked down to $45 is in there tho. Probably in the backroom I would assume or locked up. I been calling nonstop and no one wants to answer, or they hang up. I'd rather spend the extra money and get it used online, instead of pissing away gas driving there to argue over something they claim shows 2 in stock, but can't magically find.

I don't know if this is a new product or on clearance or what but I picked up this strange rechargeable famiclone system for $10 in the sports card section. 
The sound and screen is surprisingly good for a $10 product, but the game selection is very random and mostly just early 8 bit titles.  (The titles repeat as well so there's probably less than 100 titles in all.)

My hope it that someone will figure out how to hack it so the titles can be re-flashed.

Edit: It's a rebrand of a generic model that's been around for several years, with no hacking options in sight. (Five and below sell a variation under another brand.)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ArcadeFun-Portable-Gaming-Console/1805029166

Lol my Walmart is so shitty. They have cases full of random games at the bottom that they won’t clearance out, and then I find a random end cap stocked with a few “clearance” games

PS4/5/XB1 F1 21 $20
PS4 Persona 5 Strikers $25
XB1 Gears Tactics $20

And then there was this 2 year old gem - HZD Complete $2. I bought this when the clearance was current, not sure why there’s suddenly another one.

Also found a couple of PS5 Hot Wheels Challenge Accepted for $15

Lol my Walmart is so shitty. They have cases full of random games at the bottom that they won’t clearance out, and then I find a random end cap stocked with a few “clearance” games

PS4/5/XB1 F1 21 $20
PS4 Persona 5 Strikers $25
XB1 Gears Tactics $20

And then there was this 2 year old gem - HZD Complete $2. I bought this when the clearance was current, not sure why there’s suddenly another one.

Also found a couple of PS5 Hot Wheels Challenge Accepted for $15
I picked up the HZD PS4 copy for $2 a while back as well. In a large radius from me Ive only ever found one store who has the hot wheels PS5 CE. Their last price was $40 before doing half off one day. I went to the store when the electronics supervisor finally decided to clearance titles that had last known price changes in 2021! Complete and utter laziness to let titles sit for over 400 days with no changes.

Came across two things that I found super interesting, A Corsair Cherry MX Red keyboard for $40 which would be fine if someone wants a mechanical keyboard for cheap.

Brickseek link for Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 Mechanical Keyboard

Also, on a very YMMV, the Wal-Mart in La Quinta, CA has one too many """Limited Edition for Three Years Now""" Animal Crossing Switches and actually marked them down $50 instore. It's not much of a discount but its the first time I've seen a Switch marked down since launch six years ago. I find this especially funny considering the scalping that happened for it when it first came out. If anyone happens to be down here for Stagecoach, it might be a decent deal. I'm honestly surprised this many survived the Coachella crowd.

W533z1V.jpeg

SdD99Ww.jpg

Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core remake spotted for $25. PS4 version, but I believe it has free ps5 upgrade. 

Also spotted Ghostbusters remaster, xbox, for $10.

Walmart has some GE and Honeywell surge protectors on clearance.

Honeywell - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=641844939

GE 8-outlet - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=672157565

GE 4-outlet - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=856196187

I bought the last 4-outlet one this afternoon at the store in La Habra and came out defective. It doesn't receive any current so FYI on these, they might be duds.

I went to the Walmart in Santa Fe Springs and they also had Honeywell Wi-Fi surge protectors on clearance for 12 bucks.

Also went to the Walmart in Chino Hills and they were fresh out of Zelda ToK. They had shelving dedicated to it and all copies were gone when I showed up.

My local Walmart didn't have the best clearance but still enough in my eyes. Picked up:

Jump Force XB1 - $8
Adventure Time XB1 - $8
Fortnite Minty Legends PS4 - $8
Harvest Moon Mad Dash SW - $8

Got a 

onn. 4-PC Gaming Starter Kit with LED Keyboard, Programmable Mouse, Over-ear Headset w/mic and Mouse Pad for $20.00  Nice backup

I forgot to mention that in one of the Walmarts I went to yesterday (I went to several) they had a Star Wars: The Old Republic 3-Month Time Card on clearance for around $26 or $28. I had never seen a walmart put anything like that on clearance before and idk how useful that would be since it went f2p almost a decade ago now.

Today, I saw copies of Destroy All Humans and the Monopoly two-pack (Monopoly Plus and Monopoly Madness) both for Xbox One for $8 each.

I grabbed Monopoly because I know that GameStop typically charges more for board game compilations as time goes on, and $8 is my price point for most games.

Do you have a SKU for Monopoly from your receipt? Might check out if my local stores have it.

Today, I saw copies of Destroy All Humans and the Monopoly two-pack (Monopoly Plus and Monopoly Madness) both for Xbox One for $8 each.

I grabbed Monopoly because I know that GameStop typically charges more for board game compilations as time goes on, and $8 is my price point for most games.

Went to another couple of Walmarts around Azusa, Pasadena and San Gabriel. No clearance games at all except for the last store I went to that had random racing and sports games for $19.93 and a random copy of The Ascent for the same price.

Anyone have any luck getting a store to agree to let them have their Zelda TOTK display when they are done with it instead of just throwing the thing in a dumpster or crushing it? It's such a beautiful piece of artwork I hate to see it get demolished like that. 

Last time I tried (God of War: Ragnarok), the guy told me he couldn't let me have it because of copyright issues or some BS. I think he just didn't want to mess with it because I have plenty of store displays I've collected over the last 20 years.

Anyone have any luck getting a store to agree to let them have their Zelda TOTK display when they are done with it instead of just throwing the thing in a dumpster or crushing it? It's such a beautiful piece of artwork I hate to see it get demolished like that.

Last time I tried (God of War: Ragnarok), the guy told me he couldn't let me have it because of copyright issues or some BS. I think he just didn't want to mess with it because I have plenty of store displays I've collected over the last 20 years.
Not sure what the 'official' policy is but most stores have become a lot stricter about giving displays away to customers as many of them just end up on eBay.

I was a regular at my local Gamestop (which sadly closed down right at the start of the Pandemic in April 2020) and got a bunch of the oversized posters/wall-art over the years (like Secret of Mana PS4, Link's Awakening Switch, Pokemon Sword & Shield, etc.) but employees always got first dibs on the displays/standees. I've asked about posters at other stores in my area since then but was told they 'couldn't give them to customers' so it may be a new rule from corporate (or just employees saving stuff for themselves).

Saw the following PS4 games on clearance yesterday at my local Wal-Mart:

Outriders (Day One Edition)  $7.00

Maneater $9.00

Marvel Avengers $7.00

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition $9.00

Fast & Furious Crossroads $9.00

Assassins Creed: The Ezio Collection $9.00

Assassins Creed III Remastered $9.00

I also saw for Nintendo Switch:

ATV Drift & Tricks $9.00

Super Bomberman R $9.00

Legendary Fishing $9.00

Saw the following PS4 games on clearance yesterday at my local Wal-Mart:

Outriders (Day One Edition) $7.00

Maneater $9.00

Marvel Avengers $7.00

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition $9.00

Fast & Furious Crossroads $9.00

Assassins Creed: The Ezio Collection $9.00

Assassins Creed III Remastered $9.00

I also saw for Nintendo Switch:

ATV Drift & Tricks $9.00

Super Bomberman R $9.00

Legendary Fishing $9.00
I got excited seeing your big list of games. Then I read them one by one and went ‘meh’.

Not sure what the 'official' policy is but most stores have become a lot stricter about giving displays away to customers as many of them just end up on eBay.

I was a regular at my local Gamestop (which sadly closed down right at the start of the Pandemic in April 2020) and got a bunch of the oversized posters/wall-art over the years (like Secret of Mana PS4, Link's Awakening Switch, Pokemon Sword & Shield, etc.) but employees always got first dibs on the displays/standees. I've asked about posters at other stores in my area since then but was told they 'couldn't give them to customers' so it may be a new rule from corporate (or just employees saving stuff for themselves).
Speaking of stuff that you used to get at places that sold video games I wish I could get my hands on those textured posters that blockbuster used to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw more games on clearance this time at a different Wal-Mart close-by (YMMV):

PS4:

Predator:  Hunting Grounds $9.00

Just Dance 2022 $9.00

Jumanji: The Video Game $9.00

Cooking Mama Cookstar $9.00

Star Wars: Squadrons $9.00

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order $9.00

Nintendo Switch: 

Cartoon Network Battle Crashers $9.00

Goosebumps: Dead of Night $9.00

WWE 2K Battlegrounds $9.00

Xbox One

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 $9.00

Wreckfest $9.00

Nerf Legends $9.00

MLB The Show 22 $5.00

The Crew 2 $9.00

Borderlands 3 $9.00

Xbox Series X:

NBA2K22 $9.00

I saw more games on clearance this time at a different Wal-Mart close-by (YMMV):

PS4:

Predator: Hunting Grounds $9.00
Just Dance 2022 $9.00
Jumanji: The Video Game $9.00
Cooking Mama Cookstar $9.00
Star Wars: Squadrons $9.00
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order $9.00

Nintendo Switch:
Cartoon Network Battle Crashers $9.00
Goosebumps: Dead of Night $9.00
WWE 2K Battlegrounds $9.00

Xbox One
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 $9.00
Wreckfest $9.00
Nerf Legends $9.00
MLB The Show 22 $5.00
The Crew 2 $9.00
Borderlands 3 $9.00

Xbox Series X:
NBA2K22 $9.00
TBH with my feelings those are wack games. Games like that would be those prices anyways even borderlands was like $8 on ps and Xbox. Gotta be more like newer games like SF6 when it comes out in June 2, it being $30 a week or 2 later.

bread's done
Back