Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind the login as much if it hadn't come along with a terrible UI redesign and what sure seems to be diminished and less reliable functionality. I kinda wonder if Walmart is either leaning on them or paying them to be less useful because I'm sure they've never been fond of it existing.
The only positive thing I can say about the recent changes on Brickseek is that searches seem to execute faster than they used to. Aside from that, you are spot on about the terrible UI and diminished functionality. Although searches are faster it's offset by the fact that they decreased the search radius (which I could not find any setting for) so what used to take 2 searches for me now takes 4 to cover the same area. Having to sign in to do a search is annoying and more often than not it will not remember the login session the next time. When searching for a product SKU it doesn't automatically give focus to the search box that pops up so I always seem to find myself typing everything twice there - it's a minor thing but it's annoyingly stupid that it is the way it is. Also when you used to search for a product SKU and then hit the button to open one of the results in a new window/tab it no longer does that -- it just inputs the SKU in the current window (with no clear indication that it actually did anything) -- annoying if you're just trying to figure out which one is the correct one as it causes a lot of extra clicking and logistics. There's probably more I'm forgetting offhand but sufficeth to say that it's mostly worse off than how it was prior.

Brickseek completely doesn't work for me anymore even after making an account. With the Walmart app being useless for checking prices it's made trying to save money really frustrating.

When did the internet as an institution decide to suck? Amazon doesn't get things to you in two days anymore... you're lucky if it's four. Google used to be the best internet search tool around; now its results are decidedly mediocre, and its owner wants to DRM the entire internet to make you watch ads. Disney Plus and Max are cutting down on content because it's more profitable to claim these shows as a tax loss than air them. Social media platforms are getting goose-step-a-licious thanks to the likes of Elon Musk and Mark III Zuckerborg.

Now we have Brickseek making it harder and harder to find deals at brick and mortar stores. You had only one job... seek through bricks! It's in your NAAAAME!

I don't know about the Walmart app being useless for checking prices anymore. When I was working on increasing my frozen food collection, when I opened the Walmart app, as long as it has a store mode option pop up it'll include a price check option that showed me the in store price, instead of the Walmart.com price.

I don't know about the Walmart app being useless for checking prices anymore. When I was working on increasing my frozen food collection, when I opened the Walmart app, as long as it has a store mode option pop up it'll include a price check option that showed me the in store price, instead of the Walmart.com price.
the target app def sucks

As long as they tell me the price I'm good. My store doesn't mark any of their clearance items so either I try to find someone to scan something or play roulette at the self checkout.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Sometimes it will tell you the price and sometimes it won't even find the item in the system.

Sometimes it will tell you the price and sometimes it won't even find the item in the system.
Just like walmart. I was holding a dvd set for i love lucy since it was in the clearance section. Said item not found when I tried to scan it. The website oddly enough said out of stock which I laughed at since I was holding it in my hand.

Just like walmart. I was holding a dvd set for i love lucy since it was in the clearance section. Said item not found when I tried to scan it. The website oddly enough said out of stock which I laughed at since I was holding it in my hand.
i swear half the stuff i scan in store says either "out of stock at your store" or "not sold in your store". their inventory system is amazingly bad for a trillion dollar corporation.

i swear half the stuff i scan in store says either "out of stock at your store" or "not sold in your store". their inventory system is amazingly bad for a trillion dollar corporation.
the recent issue I’m seeing is stores are a gross mess. And half the scanner are in some sort of error code status.

when the board game clearance started a couple months back, it looked like that aisle was never touched by an employee for 30 days straight. It looked like a Black Friday evening, 90% empty and disheveled.

I don't have the app so I've never bothered scanning stuff in store, but I still use their website to determine where stuff is in stock. Case in point - Only one store in my area had the Venture Bros. movie blu-ray in stock (and even then it was going in and out of stock depending on the day) but eventually after a few days when I was out that way, I was able to pick it up. Then a day or two later I go to my local store which is only like 5 minutes away and they had copies all this time, but were never noted online as in stock.

I went to two target's yesterday that still had old price scanners. The toys scanned at a cheaper price on the old scanner and a higher price at the register. I wonder if they're doing a price hike on everything but didn't bother updating the database the old scanners are using. I imagine a lot of people aren't going to notice the price difference when they pay. The toys went from $34.99 to $37.49 and $9.99 to $12.79.

No store associate for miles to buy any of this… Dualsense Edge for $50 off is the highlight here.
[attachment=38145:IMG_0253.jpeg]
[attachment=38147:IMG_0247.jpeg]
[attachment=38146:IMG_0249.jpeg]
[attachment=38148:IMG_0248.jpeg]
[attachment=38150:IMG_0252.jpeg]
[attachment=38151:IMG_0250.jpeg]

There were four Dualsense Edge controllers each for $150 a piece. This wasn’t an open box one or anything. The sucker ain’t selling at $200. Check you Walmarts!

I feel like deathloop was going for around 15 bucks nit to long ago and places couldn't get rid of them just like cyber punk. No man's sky is probably the odd exception where it was dropping like crazy then after the updates went back up to around 20-30. Though stock may have dried up.

Seagate 4TB External Portable HDD $28

030.jpg

Some below average finds…
I know y’all been waiting for a deal on Paw Patrol though.
[attachment=38161:IMG_0280.jpeg]
[attachment=38163:IMG_0279.jpeg]
[attachment=38165:IMG_0283.jpeg]

Looks like Brickseek is completely broken for Walmart now. Can't check ANY item. Always returns "No Results Found". Even tested it on a few newer games that should work.

Brickseek is pretty useless now and has been since COVID started. Can't see stock numbers, item prices aren't correct, new local price drops aren't always accurate and more issues. They have the nerve to still charge $30/month for the top features when they offer less now than they did before.

Better off not using the site.

Brickseek is pretty useless now and has been since COVID started. Can't see stock numbers, item prices aren't correct, new local price drops aren't always accurate and more issues. They have the nerve to still charge $30/month for the top features when they offer less now than they did before.

Better off not using the site.
how are people checking prices anymore then without asking an employee that already hates you for being there?

how are people checking prices anymore then without asking an employee that already hates you for being there?
If anyone else's experience is like mine, trying to find the single spot in the entire fucking store that actually has a working price scanner and where it isn't broken/non-functional or missing entirely even though there is a sign there. That's if you're lucky to have even that much at whatever location you happen to be at. I never have this issue at Target, there are scanners everywhere, they are easy to find, and there is usually no problem. No one should have to pay for hassle-free in-store price scanning functionality. It's a basic fucking thing. Walmart can take Walmart+ and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Saturday when I went grocery shopping I noticed a few decent deals on digital storage media and opted to just sleep on it.  Yesterday evening I had to go in for some dog food and a few other items and figured I'd check and oddly, they hadn't sold the drives I was looking at.  One was a 256gb Sandisk usb 3.0 jumpdrive for just under $13.  They had a Samsung 500GB SSD external drive for just under $40 (not the best price, but the specs looked good).  Also some 1TB Western Digital internal SSD's for $50.  ALL of them showed the correct price with the regular walmart app with it mentioning the instore price as well.  I do not (and never plan to) have Walmart+

Just found it unusual as the pricing usually never matches on clearance tech fo rme.  I have a specific purpose for the Samsung drive and the Sandisk drive for that cheap was a no brainer.  The WD SSD's though had poor reviews for the specific model they had, so I skipped them even though I'd like to grab one or two for upgrading a computer.  I'll wait and order something with good reviews when I'm ready.

Walmart app if you have Walmart+ (which works only sometimes), or ask an employee.
Works with the free Walmart app too, no Walmart+ needed. I just pull it up in store, it uses location data to see I am physically at the store, and then I can scan the UPC bar code with the phone's camera to see what the price is. I mainly use the app in store to find the aisle where certain stuff is. :)

Works with the free Walmart app too, no Walmart+ needed. I just pull it up in store, it uses location data to see I am physically at the store, and then I can scan the UPC bar code with the phone's camera to see what the price is. I mainly use the app in store to find the aisle where certain stuff is. :)
It also works without Walmart+, but it shows you more items prices with scan and go, which is a Walmart+ feature.

I use it for the aisle feature as well. Sometimes though I find the clearance price stuff isn't marked right... but was really shocked yesterday that everything I scanned was correct in the system with the tags.

Thank you. Your link did not embed, though it pops up and redirects. Still not cheap enough for me. I have the PS4 ones I may be used once in my life and not sit in a drawer. Even if I bought these new ones for 70% off, which I would buy them for that! I’d never end up using them anyway.

On the PS5 accessory topic, is the HD camera meaningless? I’ve read isn’t needed anymore for PS VR like the old one used to.

Thank you. Your link did not embed, though it pops up and redirects. Still not cheap enough for me. I have the PS4 ones I may be used once in my life and not sit in a drawer. Even if I bought these new ones for 70% off, which I would buy them for that! I’d never end up using them anyway.

On the PS5 accessory topic, is the HD camera meaningless? I’ve read isn’t needed anymore for PS VR like the old one used to.
I don't know how to embed like other people do, it comes out really small on here that you cant see when I embed which why I just do a direct link. Anyways I use normal close back sennheiser which sounds fine. I dont know if its just me or horizon forbidden west but its hard hearing aloy when she speak, through the tv or open back headphones. I might buy an actual gaming headphone for better sound but I'm good with what I got for now.

I don't know how to embed like other people do, it comes out really small on here that you cant see when I embed which why I just do a direct link. Anyways I use normal close back sennheiser which sounds fine. I dont know if its just me or horizon forbidden west but its hard hearing aloy when she speak, through the tv or open back headphones. I might buy an actual gaming headphone for better sound but I'm good with what I got for now.
I would recommend buying regular headphones as you will get better audio and build quality for the price vs buying a headset made for gaming unless you want one with a microphone built in.

I would recommend buying regular headphones as you will get better audio and build quality for the price vs buying a headset made for gaming unless you want one with a microphone built in.
I already have 2 good regular headphones open and close. The senn I said also has a built in Mic which I dont use. My next would be hifiman

"You're not going to believe what this CAG saw!"

"When the CAG saw THIS he immediately called the cops"

"Walmart worker didn't realize the camera was rolling when he did THIS"

"The ONE THING Walmart doesn't want you to know"

"This hack will leave other shoppers jealous"

:xb1: Destroy All Humans! 2 $6

:xb1: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands $10

:xb1: Way of the Hunter $6

Saw at my local Scarborough, ME location, looks like these were marked down 9-21-23 according to the clearance tags:

:ps4: Red Dead Redemption II  -  $11.00

:ps4: Capcom Fighting Collection - $15.00

:ps4: Miraculous  - Rise of the Sphinx - $15.00

:ps4: NHRA Championship Drag Racing: Speed For All - $11.00

:ps4: Nickelodeon Kart Racers - Slime Speedway - $15.00

:ps4: Hitman 2 - $11.00

:ps4: SRX Superstar Racing Experience - $11.00

:ps4: Back 4 Blood - $15.00

:ps4: Ghostbusters Spirits Unleashed - $11.00

:ps4: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 - $15.00

:ps4: One Piece Odyssey - $15.00 

:ps4: Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy -  $15.00

:ps4: Saints Row - Day One Edition - $11.00

:ps4: Cobra Kai 2 $11.00

:ps4: Batman Arkham VR $5.00

:ps4: Little Nightmares II $11.00

:ps4: F1 22 (On clearance - did not get a good look at price as games were stacked on it.)

:ps4: Justice League Cosmic Chaos $11.00

:ps4: Need For Speed (On clearance - did not get a good look at price as games were stacked on it.)

:ps4: Resident Evil: biohazard (PS VR mode included) - $11.00

:ps4: UFC 3 - $11.00 

:ps4: Just Dance 2022 - $11.00

:ps4: Dark Souls III - $11.00

PS5 Marvel Midnight Suns - Enhanced Edition (On clearance - did not get a good look at price as games were stacked on it.)

PS5 Callisto Protocol - Day One Edition - $15.00

PS5 Saints Row - Day One Edition $11.00

PS5 Wanted: Dead - $21.00

PS5 Just Dance 2022 - $11.00

PS5 Destroy All Humans! 2 Reprobed $11.00

PS5 Riders Republic - $11.00

PS5 Wild Hearts - $21.00

PS5 Ghostwire: Tokyo - $30.00

PS5 The Lord of the Rings: Gollum $11.00

PS5 Hello Neighbor 2 $11.00

PS5 Grid Legends - $15.00

PS5 Back 4 Blood - $15.00

De Pere, WI had two of those dark dark blue DualShock 4's on clearance for 35, so I nabbed em both. Will have to see if DS4 are on clearance at any of the other stores, I guess.

bread's done
Back