Walmart's shipping estimate (Rock Band Beatles)

Cross_

CAGiversary!
Walmart's $10 preorder gift card looks quite nice :
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11546660

However, when getting to the shipping confirmation it lists 09/15/09 as "overnight" shipping date and 09/23/09 for in-store pickup. Given that the game is released one or two weeks before that it seems rather slow. Does anybody here have past experience with Walmart's shipping estimates? Are they really that slow to get new titles? Is it just a typo ?

I've never ordered anything from Walmart.com, but from what I've heard your dates are pretty much dead-on.

Wal-Mart has the most fucked up online system ever. If you want a good deal on Beatles Rock Band Amazon is taking preorders at $56.99 and even with free shipping you'd probably get it a helluva lot sooner than Walmart.com

[quote name='Cross_']Walmart's $10 preorder gift card looks quite nice :
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11546660

However, when getting to the shipping confirmation it lists 09/15/09 as "overnight" shipping date and 09/23/09 for in-store pickup. Given that the game is released one or two weeks before that it seems rather slow. Does anybody here have past experience with Walmart's shipping estimates? Are they really that slow to get new titles? Is it just a typo ?[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart in-store pick up orders do take anywhere from 1 - 1 & 1/2 weeks to arrive at the store. They used to ship them with the freight that the store would get in each day, but now they ship them very slow UPS to the store.

Walmart had a big debacle over Halo 3 when it was launched. It was taking a week after launch for people to get their game. I ordered Gears of War 2 online, and had it in hand 2 days before launch, and that was with regular shipping. I would not go by the dates listed on the website.

I've only ordered in-stock goods from them. Though if you ask me, it's pointless to preorder any game anymore, because they're usually easy to find after launch date.

Site to store takes for fucking ever and is bullshit cause if the item is in stock at the store you still have to wait for your actual site to store shipment to get there

Yeah, site to store sucks monkey balls. I ordered a new stand, and it took a week and a half to get it. I won't be doing that again.

bread's done
Back