Want to buy a netbook.

cakemakers

CAG Veteran
Budget is $400

Purpose:
1. Internet Surfing
2.word or excel processing
3. Dreamweaver/flash etc No photoshop
4. Little bit gaming (fifa11 if possible)
5. music

Requiremnt:
1. light weigth < 1.3kg
2. Battery life > 3 hrs

i have these in mind
1. Degee I8B11D4 10.2" Netbook

2. Samsung N260-JP03 10.1" Netbook

will most probably buy online...

You're not going to be able to play any game more complicated than Solitaire for the most part on one of those. Dreamweaver/Flash are also out of the question.

[quote name='YodaEXE']You're not going to be able to play any game more complicated than Solitaire for the most part on one of those. Dreamweaver/Flash are also out of the question.[/QUOTE]

Well that's not true at all.

You will be able to play any game that does not require INTENSIVE 3D graphics. I have a netbook without about 9,000+ games. Most of them are 2D platformers, SHUMPS, brawlers, arcade, adventure games, FPS, TBS and RTS games.

You can play many 3D games but most of them will be either browser based or created prior to 2002 or using (freeware) Unity.

Once you need anything more than 64 Mb as a video card requirement with shading or anything else the game won't run.

You can probably get Dreamweaver to work on it but it will not have many of the features it would have on a standard rig.

$400 is a bit high you can pick one up from BestBuy on sale for under $150.

I got my first Netbook at Bestbuy awhile back - Asus Eee PC 900HD for $82.50 with a free limited lifetime warranty.

If you want a bit of gaming, then you need to hunt down some Netbooks with either the Nvidia ION GPU (a CPU/GPU system for low power machines), or the brand spanking new AMD Fusion Technology (same concept as the ION Tech). Both solutions are fairly new, and thus pushes your budget to the upper tiers.

My First suggestion is the ASUS EEE PC 1015PN-PU17 (Newegg here)

If you do get a netbook, do consider doubling the Ram to 2gb, to get a bit more usability with it when it comes to intensive programs and gaming, especially on that Asus that I suggested.

bread's done
Back