Want to know the truth about North Dakota? [not a deal dis. use Off Topic forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski Hawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
145 (100%)
I'm one of 7 people on the internet that are from North Dakota, and I am willing to answer any questions about living here. I don't know if people give a fuck about ND, but perhaps people from New York and California are curious about what it's like in such a small, desolate state :D

Have you ever eaten at a Windmill(maybe drunk or stoned) at 3 AM? Also, do you like Olive Garden?

Whatever our answer is...it doesn't matter, you're from North Dakota. :D

Seriously, what's the food like over there? I heard the pizza sucks in the midwest.

Sinner: I'm pretty sure there is a Suncoast in Bismarck, the capital, but it may have left since I've been there.

Uni: I like Olive Garden, there's one in Fargo. No, I haven't been stoned at 3AM.

The food is nothing special. We have our own share of fast food restaraunts and local restaurants, but nothing that really stands out to outsiders.

Do you have a pet moose?
Are you born with a hunting rifle?
Does Santa visit that state?
Is Doogie Howser still playing there?
Has the Xbox 360 released for ND yet?
Do you know what DVDs are?
Whats it like to still have to hand crank your cars to turn them on?
How the fuck did you access the internet?

My favorite ND story is how back in the 80s the state commerce department put up a billboard on the interstate, near the Montana border, reading "Custer was alive when he left Dakota".

Do you guys have a lot of hot, sexy women, preferably dressed as cowgirls?

BUt seriously now, can you outline a typical day of your life as a North Dakotan?

I can't/won't listen to you until I know your answer sioux or bison?

also ND is not a small state, it is not densly populated but I'd like to know from Rhode Islanders or Deleware folks what its like to live in a small state (where distance is measured in time and not miles)

to be a further jerk, ND is a far more urban state than many others (SD, WY, AK) to name 3

other things of note..

ND used to be the 3rd most powerful 'nuclear power' has now slipped some with the missles gone.. How many other states were in "WarGames"?

posse comitadus

only state to be led by a Sinner (I think)

Weird Al played his first concert after his parents died in a Carbon Monoxide accident in Grand Forks.

worst place to be injured on the job (google ND WSI)

highest per capita Ox cart trails=Golf Courses in country

like jack daniels? big thanks to ND sugar beets.

The movie Fargo.. hey Minnesota must suck pretty bad if most of the movie was shot in ND. Sheesh what happened to the trees in Brainerd then?

ND only 60 minutes from Winnipeg.

Casselton "oil can tower" I don't hear any other oil can towers touted on CAG.

ND, furthest point from all Gamefly shipping centers. (continental us only)

Grand Forks was mentioned in the movie spinal tap during the great cucumber scene.

Frank Sinatra sang about 1 of the 2 girls he loved was from ND, (the other from SD)

ND.. where you can't throw a rock without hitting a Lutheran.

Like in the movie "Best in Show" has a place IN Grand Forks where you can sit in one starbucks and look out the window across a parking lot to see another starbucks... take that seattle.

Did i mention we have a river that flows north?

Michigan and Minnesota are envious of its hockey

World's tallest structure is here. he KVLY-TV mast (formerly the KTHI-TV mast) is a television transmitting mast in Traill County, North Dakota, USA, used by Fargo station KVLY channel 11. At 2,063 ft (628.8 m), it is currently the world's tallest supported structure on land.

Half a mile tall wow! only in ND!

Lest I forget the first dude to help establish AK as Carl Ben Eilson? how can you forget? His aviation skills helped form the Alaskan Highway ... although we don't talk about his crash much.

North Dakota my adopted home state, whose Leg. talked about dropping the"North" from its official name to make it more attractive to tourists.

put that in your pipe and smoke it :)

this thread rules!

my question: what the hell is North Dakota?

What has more stuff my town or yours. Population is about 1300, town is about 2 square miles, and we have a garage, napa, curch, school, 2 quicke marts, and ...........I think that it. Which is bigger my town or yours.

Which one is North Dakota? The one with brownish green fields visible through breaks in the clouds or the one with greenish brown fields visible through breaks in the clouds?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Which one is North Dakota? The one with brownish green fields visible through breaks in the clouds or the one with greenish brown fields visible through breaks in the clouds?[/quote]

Trick question! North Dakota is a barren wasteland of oil fields and nothingness -- at least near the Montana border.

[quote name='starman9000']I know it sounds impossible, but I live in a suburb of North Dakota.[/QUOTE]
Wait... that implies there is an "urb" for that "sub"-urb to be a suburb of...

Lies.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Wait... that implies there is an "urb" for that "sub"-urb to be a suburb of...

Lies.[/QUOTE]

True, I guess I live in a subrur or a subral if you like.

[quote name='starman9000']True, I guess I live in a subrur or a subral if you like.[/QUOTE]
More like a suprur.

Query: why does it say MN under "location" in your profile if you live in ND?

[quote name='PyroGamer']

Query: why does it say MN under "location" in your profile if you live in ND?[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Im in a suburb (Moorhead MN, smaller town on the opposite side of the Red River from Fargo)

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I'm one of 7 people on the internet that are from North Dakota, and I am willing to answer any questions about living here. I don't know if people give a fuck about ND, but perhaps people from New York and California are curious about what it's like in such a small, desolate state :D[/quote]

hows the cheap ass shopping in ND? since youre one of 7 people on the internet from ND, there must not be any competition!

[quote name='phear3d']hows the cheap ass shopping in ND? since youre one of 7 people on the internet from ND, there must not be any competition![/QUOTE]

All 7 are on CAG so the competition is fierce. I've ran into people from CAG at several Best Buy and TRU clearance events.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Uni: I like Olive Garden, there's one in Fargo. No, I haven't been stoned at 3AM.[/quote]

Btw, notice Unickuta...it's Nick, I just typed random letters around my name to create that screename.

And if you like Olive Garden, that probably means you aren't from New Jersey. :D

All I can think of is the West Wing episode were the state wanted to drop the word "North" from the state because it makes people think that South Dakota is warmer and the women goes "It is 1.1 degrees warmer". :lol:

Well, the deals are pretty good here as far as getting things. As far as having deals, not so much. I come on CAG all the time and read about great deals at CC and TRU (although there's a TRU in Fargo)...all I have is best buy, target, walmart, and some gamestops. Usually, though, stuff isn't out of stuff, and I'm usually on the good side of YMMV coupons at GS.

Don't know how many "hardcore" gamers live in Minot. I know CStarFlare, a moderator over a DDRFreak is a hardcore gamer/Bemani Music games fan.

I can also vouch for Moorhead and Fargo being associated with each other a lot. They're about 5 miles apart, on opposite sides of the ND/MN border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back