want to move/copy Animal Crossing save

banpeikun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Hi, my wife's Animal Crossing save game is on a 259 memory card, and I want to move it to the Animal Crossing 59 memory card. Any idea how I can do that? I don't have any special memory card to USB hardware, but I have an Action Replay.

It's not possible. The Animal Crossing save can only be on one and only one memory card and can only be deleted after being created.

Your only option is to create a new town the the 59 card and 'visit' and actually move everything which is a long and boring process.

I'm assuming that the only way to do it (I don't have AC but I know it comes with a Memory Card 59) is to put both memory cards in and hold A down (if there is a disc installed) or just go straight to the memory card menu and transfer it to the 59. Does it have some sort of feature that blocks saves from being identified on other memory cards (i.e., in this case, on the original 59 it's being transferred to?)

I hate how some Gamecube games like Animal Crossing and F-Zero have it where you can't copy your saves. Some people like to back up their saves to a seperate memory card just in case the card gets mesed up

I wanted to move my file from my 251 to my 1019 card when I got it and couldn't. So I had to keep a 251 with only 58 blocks in use! I ended up deleting it (not like I played it anymore).

Yeah basically that's the exact situation I'm in. I had a 251 that got full so I picked up a 1019 (for $5.99 whee). What I'd really like to do is move the AC save from the 251 to the 59 and keep it in the AC case, and use the 1019 for everything else. dumb things

I was a little annoyed by this. For games that I put hundreds of hours into, I usually want to have at least one back-up save. I would be devastated if my AC town was erased (well not devastated, but definitely angry! - Devastated just sounds better) because the power went out while I was saving.

I got tired of not being able to backup or move saves that were locked, so I found a way around the problem, but with a catch.

You need either:
(A) An SD Card+adapter, an Action replay disc, and SDLoad. (Google: sdload)
or:
(B) A modded gamecube that can run a custom built disk. (Google: cubeboot tools)
or:
(C) A gamecube mod that you can load homebrew dol files with. (Google: mod that cube)
or some combination of the above, plus unlock10.dol. I use a modded gamecube, a built disk of SDLoad, and an SD Card+adapter.

Does anyone have a good memory of what games do this, so I can be aware in the future to not put on a bad memory card, etc?

The only ones I've heard do this so far are:
AC
Any Pokemon game
F-Zero (since it was mentioned here.)

I forget if some games allow you to move but not copy, does that ever happen?

You can't move or copy pokemon. You can move the chao data from sonic adventure 1 and 2, but not copy. Phantasy star online is also non-move/copyable, all 3 files.

bread's done
Back