Want Wireless Sega Saturn or Dreamcast Controllers?

I heard the NES console quality wasn't real great, but I haven't heard any complaints about the wireless controllers

I only hear good things about the controllers. Im up for some wireless DC fun....but wont the MEM card kinda screw things up battery wise? Maybe they could have some sort of VMU/Plug thing.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']but wont the MEM card kinda screw things up battery wise? Maybe they could have some sort of VMU/Plug thing.[/QUOTE]

Like that ugly thing that come withs logitech wireless for the xbox.

[quote name='Graystone']Like that ugly thing that come withs logitech wireless for the xbox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except its actually needed for DC :)

Naki already makes wireless Saturn controllers. Got mine off eBay, and they are pretty good quality. Also allows 2P on the same controller.

I suppose you can buy a wavebird, gut it and try to connect it to a dreamcast chipset. You'll probably need to open up a regular GC controller to check where the buttons lead to the internal controller chip set, but it seems entirely feasible.

If I had some extra GC controllers, I'd totally work on something like that :D

I would love a wireless DC controller, as the cords seem to be just too short to go from my setup to my couch. I don't know if I'd want one from Messiah though. Their products seem far too expensive, considering I can get a wireless controller for PS2, Gamecube, or XBox for the same price as they're charging for SNES and NES. I know it can't get much cheaper, but I did join CAG for a reason.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Naki already makes wireless Saturn controllers. Got mine off eBay, and they are pretty good quality. Also allows 2P on the same controller.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but if I remember correctly they used IR technology which is not nearly as good as the current wireless controllers like the Wavebird.

You can use the Wavebirds from just about anywhere and not have any problems with them. You could never tell the difference from wired other than the fact that you aren't anchored down.

[quote name='Genocidal']I would love a wireless DC controller, as the cords seem to be just too short to go from my setup to my couch. I don't know if I'd want one from Messiah though. Their products seem far too expensive, considering I can get a wireless controller for PS2, Gamecube, or XBox for the same price as they're charging for SNES and NES. I know it can't get much cheaper, but I did join CAG for a reason.[/QUOTE]

I think that price from Messiah is for TWO controllers -- so it isn't too bad of a deal at all.

It's still $60 for 2 controllers. I can get a Logitech/Wavebird for the same price or cheaper if I buy used and honestly would get a lot more use out of one of those.

[quote name='racketboy']Yes, but if I remember correctly they used IR technology which is not nearly as good as the current wireless controllers like the Wavebird.

You can use the Wavebirds from just about anywhere and not have any problems with them. You could never tell the difference from wired other than the fact that you aren't anchored down.[/QUOTE]

It's still wireless and it's available. It worked fine for me, in front of the TV about 6 feet away (just out of reach of the stock cable length). At this point for these systems, I'll take what I can get (especially for a buck apiece)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's still wireless and it's available. It worked fine for me, in front of the TV about 6 feet away (just out of reach of the stock cable length). At this point for these systems, I'll take what I can get (especially for a buck apiece)[/QUOTE]
$1 each? Where'd you score that?

I'd love wireless Genesis and Saturn controllers. I'm trying to go wireless with all my systems and I still need good Genesis, Saturn, and N64 controllers. I have the Messiah wireless controllers for the SNES and NES and they work beautifully, so they may have messed up on the hardware side with that generation next crap, their controllers are great.

[quote name='racketboy']$1 each? Where'd you score that?[/QUOTE]

eBay. I paid about $5 for mine, but do a search for 'saturn wireless'.

bread's done
Back