Wanted: cheap as hell mp3 player

catapult37

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
While I wait for the right time to purchase an iphone or ipod touch, I want something to play podcasts or songs while I bike to work.

I want something super cheap, but preferably with the following qualities: doubles as a usb stick for easy file transfer, really lightweight, FM tuner would be nice. Can even be as low as 128 or 64MB -- just enough for one album or a couple podcasts. Any suggestions, or maybe even someone selling? I'm looking to spend just slightly more than nothing. :)

I figure a trip to big lots or something might be a good next step...

[quote name='catapult37']That's not bad, but Sansas regularly show up on Woot.com for less. I'm looking for something right out the bargain bin, as long as it's functional. Thanks for your reply![/QUOTE]

I've seen this model as low as $20. You weren't kidding when you said cheap :D

I had one forever back when they were new with no issues, (since sold on Ebay) but perhaps different users have had lesser experiences.

Creative Zen Stone Plus (refurbished) $29.99 plus shipping, direct from Creative.
- 2 GB
- FM radio tuner
- voice recorder
- clock/stopwatch/timer
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=0&subcategory=&product=17619&nav=1

I bought a refurbished 4GB Zen V Plus from them for $50, and I've been really happy with it.
Mine can transfer files as easily as a USB stick, but I'm not sure if they all have that feature. They do require a USB cable though because the port on the unit is mini-usb.

You might just want to browse all of their refurbished deals from Creative. There are some really good deals in there.

Yeah, good call on that Zen stone. I actually just saw it at Walmart for $29.99 new. I may go with that. I actually just unearthed my wife's ancient Rio, which I think holds a whopping 32MB. :) And it's pretty dang big for that, too.

bread's done
Back