Wanted: Mac os 10.4 or higher

Chitown021

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I'm trying squeeze a little more life out of my wife's old Power Mac. I've gotten a few upgrade parts for cheap and now I would like to upgrade the OS. The system currently has OS 10.2 and I would like to bump that up to at least 10.4 as cheaply as possible.

I would be interested in buying or trading for it if any CAGs out there have a spare copy they would be willing to part with.

It was just announced today that 10.6 Snow Leopard will only be $29.99 in September if you're upgrading from 10.5, so you might want to get that instead of 10.4.

[quote name='norkusa']It was just announced today that 10.6 Snow Leopard will only be $29.99 in September if you're upgrading from 10.5, so you might want to get that instead of 10.4.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if I can find a cheap upgrade copy to take me up from 10.2 to 10.5?

I think that Power PC based macs can only run up to 10.4, but I may be wrong. Just be sure to check that out before making a purchase.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I think that Power PC based macs can only run up to 10.4, but I may be wrong. Just be sure to check that out before making a purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip.

bread's done
Back