wanting to build a new comp, but not sure how much?

orbit18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I've been wanting to build a new comp, but now I'm pretty limited on money. I was wondering what amount of money I'd have to spend if I wanted a quad core with a decent graphics card. I assume if you go the way of nividia, would it be bad to get a 300 series instead of a 400?

Specs im running right now are pretty damn old, but it lets me play some random games.

amd 64 3500+
2gb ram
6800 gt

Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275672

Your PC looks kinda dated. What do you want to do with your new PC? I can help you build something if you know what you need it for. Also, you might be interested in this computer that I recently built but have no need for now. I don't know what your price range is, but I think it's a great price for what you are getting (I built it with best bang for buck in mind) , and it'll definitely last you for years! Check it out ;) If not, I'd be more than happy to help you build something. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It's dated alright! I'm really looking to game. I just notice I pretty much can't run anything new other than steam games lately. Everything else is just a powerpoint slideshow! I took a look at that ebay comp and damn thats pretty good specs. I don't really have a budget but I also don't have a lot of money either.

[quote name='orbit18']It's dated alright! I'm really looking to game. I just notice I pretty much can't run anything new other than steam games lately. Everything else is just a powerpoint slideshow! I took a look at that ebay comp and damn thats pretty good specs. I don't really have a budget but I also don't have a lot of money either.[/QUOTE]

What's your budget? I don't mind helping you build something. Personally, I would revolve my build around the AMD 1055t x6 for a good bang for buck 6 core (if you need the extra cores), but other than that, I'd just go for the 965 x4. If you want intel, we can do that too, but it'll cost more vs AMD.

bread's done
Back