WAR collectors edition makes all other collectors editions look like poop

...and there's only suppose to be 60,000 copies. I really don't want to pre-order it, but it's so sexy and I haven't heard horrible things about the game like you normally do from rogue beta testers. So I bit on two last night, one for me and one for a friend. At least if I quit I can always sell my account as a collectors account and I should make up the difference no problem. Though I'd keep the box because it's too damned sexy.

If you do decide to pre-order, just to let you know that Gamestop/EB Games charges $10 extra for shipping due to weight.

Wow, I didn't know they were up for presale yet. Does anyone know if the B&M stores have started the preorders yet?

How does amazon handle preorders? Do they freeze the full price on your card? or do they not even mess with charging it until its ready to ship? If I wait till later, Im afraid they will be sold out. I know I will have the money when it ships, but right now I have nothing on my card.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Wow, I didn't know they were up for presale yet. Does anyone know if the B&M stores have started the preorders yet?

How does amazon handle preorders? Do they freeze the full price on your card? or do they not even mess with charging it until its ready to ship? If I wait till later, Im afraid they will be sold out. I know I will have the money when it ships, but right now I have nothing on my card.[/quote]

Amazon charges when they ship the product.

http://www.warhammeronline.com/ce_preorder/

^^ Bottom of that page will have direct links to online pre-orders. I had to use that to find it on Amazon as the search didn't pull up any results last night.

EDIT: Apparently pre-orders get into beta. Well I checked my Amazon.com order from last night and I don't have the code but people in the games forum on Amazon are reporting getting them. Time to bitch at them I guess and then I'll decide what to do after that.

EDIT 2: The game was delayed to Fall yesterday around the same time the collectors edition was announced.

That's really awesome. I probably won't end up buying this game as I'm not a big Warhammer fan but this collectors edition looks amazing. I wish more PC games would do this.

I really hope I can get it here in Canada™. No way am I paying $30 for shipping from GameStop.

EDIT: oh fuck EA

60k copies in North America?
*Valid only in the U.S. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services, or applied toward prior purchases. All customers using these codes are eligible to participate in the Open Beta and Head Start Program, however time of entry is not guaranteed. Lost codes will not be reissued.

I always thought Warhammer was a Bizzard game. I didn't know it was EA. Have they said how much this game will be a month to play? I'm looking for somthing different then WOW but better then Hellgate.

[quote name='sendme']I always thought Warhammer was a Bizzard game. I didn't know it was EA. Have they said how much this game will be a month to play? I'm looking for somthing different then WOW but better then Hellgate.[/QUOTE]

The Warhammer IP is actually owned by GamesWorkshop and it's a continual debate to this day whether Blizzard completely copied Warhammer with their own Warcraft series.

The pricing structure has not been announced yet, but many assume it'll use the average price of $15 per month.

[quote name='Drizzt']The Warhammer IP is actually owned by GamesWorkshop and it's a continual debate to this day whether Blizzard completely copied Warhammer with their own Warcraft series.

The pricing structure has not been announced yet, but many assume it'll use the average price of $15 per month.[/quote]

I think its gone past debate. It's pretty much fact that they copied it. Only fanboys continue to deny it.:lol:

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']I think its gone past debate. It's pretty much fact that they copied it. Only fanboys continue to deny it.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Very true! I simply was trying to keep it as close to neutral as possible I guess. :)

There is no debate.

Blizzard copied Warhammer wholesale and called it Warcraft instead. Games Workshop sued them over the blatant infringement and it was settled out of court. Then Blizzard copied Warhammer 40k wholesale with Starcraft.

Blizzard went on to make World of Warcraft, which likely has a stronger economy than the US at this juncture.

Now Mythic (EA) is making Warhammer Online, and the poor noobs are out there saying it's a carbon copy of Warcraft.

Moral of the story, always settle out of court with either a cease and desist or (ideally) an ongoing, portion-of-profit licensing fee.

Moral of the story - EA fucks MMOs in the ass. Mythic or not, EA will find a way to make this game hell.

I'm waiting on Age of Conan now, and that LE looks sweet as hell to me.

Have they said what it is? I'm also picking up the Connan mmo and I know you have to pay to play it but I have not been able to find a price. I know its off topic but does anyone know the price for it? Reall don't want to pay for both but chances are I will only play for about 3 months on each and quit then just start back up every now and then. I was going to do that with wow but it has been almost a year and have yet to get back. I really hope that both games do not end up at the level cap being nothing but group runs and a pain in the ass to get a group.

[quote name='sendme']Anyone know when the beta for this starts?[/quote]

No set date yet unfortunetly. Though I was told the "Open Beta" will be limited with the amount of people that are able to enter. No word on how many that will be either.

On a side note, I'll be given a 3 hour hands on of Age of Conan in a few days. Won't be able to say anything about the game itself though.

[quote name='Draekon']No set date yet unfortunetly. Though I was told the "Open Beta" will be limited with the amount of people that are able to enter. No word on how many that will be either.

On a side note, I'll be given a 3 hour hands on of Age of Conan in a few days. Won't be able to say anything about the game itself though.[/QUOTE]

I'm wanting in to the beta for that also. I think they will let you in to the game 3 days before it comes out but it is 5 bucks. the 5 bucks gives you the download and i think 10 days. I really dont see me playing them for more then 3 months. I know it wont be the year and a half that I played wow.

Ive got one preorderd also.

This Fall looks kinda bleak besides fallout.

Unless RE5 and FF13 make it out this year.....hahaha fat chance.

Has anyone read about amazon accidentally giving out extra pre-order codes?
I myself pre-ordered 3 copies, they only gave me one set of the 3 pre-order codes. I canceled all 3 pre-orders, but at that point they had already given the one set of 3 codes to me. I read about there being an issue with multi pre-orders through amazon only giving 1 set of codes, and that they were trying to fix the problem.
Stupid move or not, I trashed the free codes and just re-pre-ordered 1 copy from amazon and got my legit 3 codes. I'm just happy the beta code was actually valid when I entered it.

Do you think that there are only 60k CE's, but unlimited codes, or do you think there are also only 60k pre-order code sets to match the number of CE's?

Maybe I am missing something here, but it seems like an easy way for people to get free codes. Pre-order through amazon, get codes, cancel pre-order. So shady.

I guess it's time to go download the new WAR beta client.

Also, when I last played AoC beta (about a month ago) it still had a long way to go to be a frontrunner in the mmo game.

For those of you who get screwed out of the preorder bonuses at gamestop because the employees had sold or gave them all away to their freinds.
You might want to check best buy in the near future. I just got back from my local one on the way home from the post office and they had the CE presell boxes out finally (only about 7 total).

Where everywhere else is probably already sold out of thier allotments, maybe this is the last place to have a good chance of actually being gauranteed one.
I know Amazon ran out of the wow CE and ended up cancelling a lot of people's preorders for that if you didnt preorder it on like the first few days. - Just because they still have it available to preorder, doesn't necessarily mean they have enough to go around.

At least it might be a good fallback investment in case eb/amazon/gogamer run out and you end up getting a cancellation notice. The bonus for best buy is a frost ring, while amazon is a spirit ring (along with all the other standard extras - camp, early access etc)

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']There is no debate.

Blizzard copied Warhammer wholesale and called it Warcraft instead. Games Workshop sued them over the blatant infringement and it was settled out of court. Then Blizzard copied Warhammer 40k wholesale with Starcraft.

Blizzard went on to make World of Warcraft, which likely has a stronger economy than the US at this juncture.

Now Mythic (EA) is making Warhammer Online, and the poor noobs are out there saying it's a carbon copy of Warcraft.

Moral of the story, always settle out of court with either a cease and desist or (ideally) an ongoing, portion-of-profit licensing fee.[/QUOTE]

While it's obvious that Blizzard "copied" or were "inspired heavily by" Warhammer, it remains to be seen whether or not EA Mythic has blatantly "copied" or were "inspired heavily by" the GAMEPLAY in World of Warcraft, much like LotR Online was.

Not to mention, Blizzard brought Warcraft (the series, not just WoW) to people who never would have played Warhammer because it was, at the time, limited to tabletop. And I wouldn't say that Blizzard ripped off Warhammer 40K... Warhammer 40K is Warhammer in space, same enemies like Orks and shit, whereas Starcraft has the whole humans vs. sci-fi alien type of thing going for it.

Not that one is better than the other. I love Dawn of War. :)

[quote name='redgopher']And I wouldn't say that Blizzard ripped off Warhammer 40K... Warhammer 40K is Warhammer in space, same enemies like Orks and shit, whereas Starcraft has the whole humans vs. sci-fi alien type of thing going for it.[/quote]

Seriously.
Because Terminators and Tyranids look absolutely NOTHING like humans and Zergs:roll:.

bread's done
Back