War in Libya...

facts are known to have a liberal bias it would seem.
I'm curious though, if this appeared on any other site that wasn't "well known" to have a particular political bend, would you still give it that attribute? It's like Noam Chomsky, he's pretty unassailable in his logic and presentation but he's derided as being liberal.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/w...ay-qaddafi-stronghold-has-fallen.html?_r=1&hp

qaddafi has been killed.

I'm still not supportive of this war, but at least it showed that things can be done without the us acting on it's own or taking the lead. Other nato nations can carry out these kind of operations with our support rather than the other way around. Hopefully that's a trend going forward if these types of interventions have to continue.[/quote]

u.s.a.! U.s.a.! U.s.a.! U.s.a.! U.s.a.!

Great day for the Libyans. Here's to hoping they don't eff up the rebuild, and that the US doesn't meddle, and start supporting the Taliban of 20 years from now.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/w...ay-qaddafi-stronghold-has-fallen.html?_r=1&hp

Qaddafi has been killed.

I'm still not supportive of this war, but at least it showed that things can be done without the US acting on it's own or taking the lead. Other Nato nations can carry out these kind of operations with our support rather than the other way around. Hopefully that's a trend going forward if these types of interventions have to continue.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but US involvement is extremely problematic for me. Especially when it leads to the point I'm going to address in berzirk's post.

[quote name='berzirk']Great day for the Libyans. Here's to hoping they don't eff up the rebuild, and that the US doesn't meddle, and start supporting the Taliban of 20 years from now.[/QUOTE]
When it comes to the rebuilding of Lybia, I'm sure that the bids on contracts to rebuild the landscape of Lybia have already been drawn up even before Qaddafi's death. Although in this case, I'm guessing there will be more international business interests instead of just the US.

If WW2 taught us anything, it's that you can make a shit load of money rebuilding a country you just helped to destroy.

Apparently, Hillary's order to murder Muammar Gaddafi has been carried out (though he was probably dead before her brief visit to the latest US colony). His crimes? Doing business with the Chinese, being a non-fundamentalist, discussing gold money for Libya, and not praying to DC 5 times a day. Now the Chinese have been expelled, Libyan oil is the empire's, fundie gangs are in power, and fiat money reigns. Why does the US want fundamentalists in power? It causes endless conflict, which allegedly justifies the anti-Muslim empire. Thus the offing of the secularist Saddam Hussein, and the coming offing of the secularist Assad in Syria.

UPDATE: Well, Gaddafi did take one US order. He eliminated his WMD, enabling the US and its satraps to invade his country and kill him. This is not a lesson lost on the rest of the world.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/97088.html

[quote name='dohdough']
When it comes to the rebuilding of Lybia, I'm sure that the bids on contracts to rebuild the landscape of Lybia have already been drawn up even before Qaddafi's death. Although in this case, I'm guessing there will be more international business interests instead of just the US.

If WW2 taught us anything, it's that you can make a shit load of money rebuilding a country you just helped to destroy.[/QUOTE]

West Sees Libya as Opportunity for Businesses

So I hear the North Korean exchange workers stationed in Libya got fucked and now Kim Jong doesn't want them back. That's a Debbie Downer if I've ever heard one.

edit: Why is there an ellipsis in this thread's title? What purpose does it serve?

[quote name='cochesecochese']edit: Why is there an ellipsis in this thread's title? What purpose does it serve?[/QUOTE]

Hidden dog-whistle secret message to the other Cons on the forum. or something.

bread's done
Back