Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine-X360 18.99

I love me some Warhammer and I've heard great things about the game. I'm waiting for the disc based PC game to go on sale though, don't want to spread my series out on multiple platforms.

Wow! Those are some really high scores. I played the demo on the PS3, and it was artificially difficult to a point where it was very repetitive and boring for me. I wouldn't have rate it 5 stars or even a 78. It's a definitely 6.5 - 7.0 for me, and I would not be picking this one up. Just my 2 cents. That's all.

Tempted to buy, but may wait for Binary Domain's price to drop instead. Anyone play the full game? Thoughts?

[quote name='krashhole']It's basically a Gears of War knock off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because Gears has heavy use of melee against multiple enemies at once and Warhammer uses a cover system as one of its key gameplay mechanics...

[quote name='kklems']Does this have an online pass? Might wait for it to drop more and pick it up used if there is no online pass[/QUOTE]

It has a pass. You can rank up to level give before you have to use the pass. I really wish this game had a story co-op mode. I enjoyed the game during my initial playthrough. I just don't know if I'd play through it again.

It's a fun game, I had a good time with it. I like it a lot more than Gears, but I don't really like Gears.

It has a code on the back of the instruction booklet. Online multiplayer is locked at like level 5 unless you redeem the code. So ya, it pretty much has an online pass.

I REALLY wanted to like this game more (love WH40k tabletop game), but I just couldn't get into it.

Got about 4-5 hours into it and it just got boring. There was no variety in gameplay.

Come on guys, you really don't think the gameplay was inspired by Gears of War? Really?

I wouldn't call it a knock off, but there's a lot of Gears in this game. And yes, I know that the initial post was referring to that article forever ago, but the point still kind of exists

Almost bit but I think this will drop more. Retail is down to $39.99 and both Best Buy and Amazon (itself not 3rd party sellers) have it on sale for $29.99. Maybe I can catch it at Target for $15 or so.

[quote name='Camre']Yeah, because Gears has heavy use of melee against multiple enemies at once and Warhammer uses a cover system as one of its key gameplay mechanics...[/QUOTE]

Careful, people may not realize you are using sarcasm. ;)

Well, I really enjoyed Space Marine, so much so that after finishing it as a rental I wanted to buy it to play more online.

The game play may be repetitive but it is solid and a lot of fun. Also the online is excellent, with both free and paid DLC.

I played through this game last week and loved it. It's nothing like Gears. The combat is super fun, and I love the jump pack levels. So I guess that either this game will click with you or it won't, but if it does, it's awesome.

I'm a jackass because knowing there is a collectors edition means i could never buy the regular edition at any price. I wish i would have gotten it when it went 50% off a long time ago, because it still stands at 100.

bread's done
Back