Warhammer Online Pre-order Bonuses (include Open Beta code!)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
From http://www.warhammeronline.com/preorder/

ALL Pre-order customers (except Wal-mart) will receive:

Open Beta Access
Live game head start

And...

Rittenbachs_PC.jpg
RITTENBACH'S PORTABLE CAMP
Rest your weary soul and heal your wounds between battles.

BEST BUY Exclusive

Guardians_IB.jpg
CHAMPION'S SAPPHIRE BAND
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Frost," increasing your chance of doing additional elemental damage with each hit. (Usable in PvE combat only.)

Gamestop/EB games Exclusive

Sentinels_AB.jpg
SENTINEL'S AMBER BAND
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Earth," increasing your chance of doing additional corporeal damage with each hit. (Usable in PvE combat only.)

Target (99 cents) Exclusive

Vindicators_AB.jpg
VINDICATOR'S RUBY BAND
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Flame," increasing your chance of doing additional elemental damage with each hit. (Usable in PvE combat only.)

PLUS $5 OFF
COUPON
Save your hard earned gold with a $5 coupon good towards the purchase of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

Target pre-release boxes will be in stores in early August. Purchase of the pre-release box does not reserve a copy of the game at launch but does provide access to the pre-order bonuses. Offer does not include the UFS Battle Deck.

Amazon, Circuit City, Direct2Drive, EAStore.com, EB canada, Frys, Gamecrazy, Gogamer.com, Wal-mart.com Exclusive

Guardians_IB.jpg
GUARDIAN'S IOLITE BAND
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Spirit," increasing your chance of doing additional spiritual damage with each hit. (Usable in PvE combat only.)

Amazon.com, EAStore.com, Direct2Drive and GameStop.com pre-order customers will receive codes via email. Offer does not include the UFS Battle Deck.

Walmart.com pre-order customers will receive their in-game bonus items with the final product at launch. Pre-order offer does not include access to the Open Beta, Head Start, or the UFS Battle Deck.

It's a MMORPG

Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz1Tqf4QzpY
Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFyaaZaZpxs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TehKyosho']The target pre order boxes are a great way to try the open beta before actually buying the game.[/quote]

Yeah it ONLY cost a buck at Target and Beta for at least a week... pretty good deal, if you ask me.

[quote name='billg']Anyone know where I can buy the Collector's Edition?[/QUOTE]

I think it's pretty well sold out, which is a bummer. I was looking for it last week.

Anyone have an answer to my question a couple posts above?

The game should be very solo friendly, because it is not as gear dependent as WoW. You can in theory do anything except for huge sieges or raids by yourself. Also, public quests are happening all the time, so it's pretty impossible not to play with other people. Public quests are a fun way to get loot; everyone in that area that does something related to the quest has chances to get loot.

Thanks for the info... I'll definitely check it out then. The public quests like the one the OP posted look pretty fun.

I think I read somewhere the limited edition was actually limited to 80K or something like that, unlike other games where they just give you extra crap this was actually limited to a number...I really wanted to play this game but now the graphics dont look so hot to me LOL...guess we'll see, something different from WOW would be nice.

I don't understand how they're going to have an "open beta" (which hasn't started yet, as of August 14th), when the game is supposed to release in September. What will the beta be? Two weeks? That will do Mythic little to no good for the release window.

[quote name='DJGeki']I don't understand how they're going to have an "open beta" (which hasn't started yet, as of August 14th), when the game is supposed to release in September. What will the beta be? Two weeks? That will do Mythic little to no good for the release window.[/QUOTE]

Open betas have little to nothing to do with getting testing data from beta players anymore. These days Open Beta is more of a marketing opportunity to get your people in the game and generate buzz. Occasionally small tweaks and bug fixes are made from Open Beta feedback, but for the most part it's marketing, with some stress testing data coming out of it.

[quote name='SuperJedi']You can enter the Codes now, but can't download files until Monday.[/quote]

Friend is preloading as we speak.

[quote name='TehKyosho']The target pre order boxes are a great way to try the open beta before actually buying the game.[/quote]

I've never pre-ordered before, so potentially dumb question coming.

If I understand you correctly, I can put down the money for the pre-order, try out the game during beta, and if I don't like it, I can just cancel before release date and get my money back?

[quote name='supremebeanjw1']I've never pre-ordered before, so potentially dumb question coming.

If I understand you correctly, I can put down the money for the pre-order, try out the game during beta, and if I don't like it, I can just cancel before release date and get my money back?[/quote]

You can buy the preorder boxes for 99 cents without having to pre order the game.

Just bought the preorder box from target I can't seem to get the Open beta key to register anyone else having same problem?

[quote name='Cliqqy']Just bought the preorder box from target I can't seem to get the Open beta key to register anyone else having same problem?[/quote]

Yep, it makes me feel mildly retarded:roll:. Not a good first impression.

[quote name='Cliqqy']Just bought the preorder box from target I can't seem to get the Open beta key to register anyone else having same problem?[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I also couldn't get the code to work. I even went and bought a second pre-order (I figured it's .99 cents, why not), and had no luck with that one, either. I went to Best Buy to see if they had the pre-order, but they were charging $9.99 for it (came with cards and a book or something).

I fired off an email to them, but it's been a week and I haven't heard anything back from them. Not that I expected to, really.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Interesting, I also couldn't get the code to work. I even went and bought a second pre-order (I figured it's .99 cents, why not), and had no luck with that one, either. I went to Best Buy to see if they had the pre-order, but they were charging $9.99 for it (came with cards and a book or something).

I fired off an email to them, but it's been a week and I haven't heard anything back from them. Not that I expected to, really.[/QUOTE]

If you bought the target boxes make sure you are inputing Q's instead of O's on your key. There was a printing issue and apparently they put in O when they should have put in Q.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=187

You can get more exclusive items through this site too if you're interested..

http://www.road-to-war.com

You battle for control of the United States and can win items for Warhammer Online! Would appreciate it if you put [email protected] as the referral!

[quote name='Road to War']

Grand Prize: Never-Ending Bowl of Custard and Player Title
After the final battle, the Realm that has control over the greatest number of regions overall will receive a special in-game prize that no one else can get in Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning—a Never-Ending Bowl of Custard—and a special player title. The custard may be eaten or hurled at an enemy, and will always be replenished.

In addition, when the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning servers go live, the capital city for either Order or Destruction will be placed at Rank 2, depending on which one wins overall in Road to WAR.

Prize for Top Individuals: A Special Warhammer Online In-Game Item
Individual honors will also be given for the top Gold earners, best recruiters, and other top competitors throughout the Road to WAR. These players will receive a special in-game item—the Signet of the Cursed Company— to use when they play Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

It's official. There are 200 signets reserved for each Realm's top victory point earners. There are also Signets reserved for the top 10 recruiters from each Realm. But watch for ways to claim one for yourself even if youre not counted among these top players.
[/quote]

Here's some heads for destruction if anyone's interested!

http://site59733-trial.mmoguildsites.net/pages/heads

Also direct links for people who can't get that site to work!

http://www.road-to-war.com/headembed.html?guid=0e852857-e3e4-4e1e-9805-fdf156978c18&uid=802657

http://www.road-to-war.com/headembed.html?guid=f4ac6ff2-8cc7-4553-883b-9a299d97dc17&uid=802657

http://www.road-to-war.com/headembed.html?guid=2d0332f6-c6fc-41ed-8784-514cf686453a&uid=802657

Is the open beta going on right now? From I read, it wasn't open til early September, but you guys sound like you can start playing now.

[quote name='deouble9s']Is the open beta going on right now? From I read, it wasn't open til early September, but you guys sound like you can start playing now.[/QUOTE]

The open beta starts on the 7th. There was a preview weekend that just passed where they opened the game up for 3 days.

Does anyone know if there are an retailers that still have the collector's edition for sale? I have looked around and can't find any left...thanks to all

[quote name='klam173']Does anyone know if there are an retailers that still have the collector's edition for sale? I have looked around and can't find any left...thanks to all[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the CE is sold out in the U.S.

If you're in Europe or Canada, I thought I heard they still had CEs but that was at least a month ago.

bread's done
Back