Warhawk on PSN for $14.99 (PlayStation 3)

Great price for an awesome game. Has a good online community last I checked.

Bought all expansion packs and didn't regret it at the time. Some of the trophies can even be done alone in a match you create, just a hint for the fellow Trophy whores out there.

meh, nice promo, I got excited thinking the store updated, but nah, just this announcement..and the fact that a new episode of the Tester will be up today = FTW!!

[quote name='intoxicated662']too bad it has the 24 hour lock, otherwise it would of been purchased[/QUOTE]

I never knew about that, so thanks for your comment. I was thinking of ditching my disc copy and getting the PSN download til I saw your comment. Still would be convenient, but I'm not going to re-buy the game just for no-disc convenience.

[quote name='IRHari']whats the 24 hour lock on downloadable games?[/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with the game sharing. If you let someone else download it off your account, then when they play it, you will be locked out (from playing the game) for 24 hours, and if you play it, they will be locked out (from playing the game) for 24 hours.

At least, that's what I've heard.

If you have the game installed on multiple systems, you have to wait 24 hours each time you want to play it on another system.

the 24 hour lock works like this. all people who have access to the login account can download it and be shared on up to 5 consoles. If I play the game and log off of it at 5:33pm my time, then if anyone else wanted to play it they would have to wait 24 hours from then to play it. Not worth it really if you are gamesharing. If you're going to buy it on your own and not share it, then it's not a bad deal.

I just picked this up again recently (200 points on goozex). It still has a good size player base.

[quote name='nightmare452']Great price for an awesome game. Has a good online community last I checked.

Bought all expansion packs and didn't regret it at the time. Some of the trophies can even be done alone in a match you create, just a hint for the fellow Trophy whores out there.[/QUOTE]
The trophies are pretty much split between two categories, those that can be earned in a single game with an extra controller turned on and those trophies that take a month to earn. And by a month I don't mean playing on the weekends, I mean a month as if you would be playing every hour for a month.

Me and my two friends (who download stuff from my account) all already have Warhawk on disc, but I thought it would be nice to have it on the hard drive. Its a shame about the 24-hour lock. I completely understand the reasoning, but still.

[quote name='vherub']that 24 hour lock is too bad, is there a list of games that have that restriction?[/QUOTE]

Premium Games that *are* sharable:
WipEout HD
Burnout Paradise
Siren: Blood Curse

Not sharable games/packs:
Warhawk (24-hour lock)
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Confrontation (24-hour lock)
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (24-hour lock)
Metal Gear Online Expansion packs
PlayStation Home items (located in Services)

Found this here:

http://www.haxnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=10118

[quote name='polishpride212']The trophies are pretty much split between two categories, those that can be earned in a single game with an extra controller turned on and those trophies that take a month to earn. And by a month I don't mean playing on the weekends, I mean a month as if you would be playing every hour for a month.[/QUOTE]

Wow that sounds crazy, haha, only if I were a god with enough time to try and get these. Eh.. I'm going for it :cool:

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']How much are booster packs usually?[/QUOTE]

$7.99 per pack or bundled together, but I forget how much the bundle of all three cost.

[quote name='mkernan']$7.99 per pack or bundled together, but I forget how much the bundle of all three cost.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The price of the dlc I think is enough for me to pick up a hard copy of warhawk. Now I'm off to find the cheapest place to get it.

I mean, 14.99 is a great price don't get me wrong- but I can get the disc version for the same price or cheaper..

Is the DLC on the disc, or no?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I mean, 14.99 is a great price don't get me wrong- but I can get the disc version for the same price or cheaper..

Is the DLC on the disc, or no?[/QUOTE]

No DLC on disk. Do you know where I can get a new copy cheap btw?

Damn. That would have saved me at least $10 if I had waited. Got the game off ebay for $19 and the boosters for full $16...shit. Well. Thats alright. No regrets. Freaking love the game even though I suck most of the time.

Just felt like commenting on the trophies for this game - I think this may be the hardest PS3 game to get Platinum, or even to get a majority of the trophies. Some trophies are rank trophies - lower ones are achievable, but IIRC, the trophy for rank of General is equivalent to somewhere between 200k - 300k points. You get one point per kill; and bonus team points throughout the game; and 50 bonus points if your team wins. My points per match probably averaged about 40 or 50 I think (not including the 50 points for winning). So - it would have taken me forever.
But otherwise, the game itself is very fun, addictive I would say, I recommend it, and you can pick up at least a few trophies. On a related note
WHY DON'T MORE GAMES HAVE PLANES OR FLYING VEHICLES?!?!?!
I think including flying in a shooting game is great, and Halo did it back in 2001... yet its still rare. This frustrates me.

[quote name='driver01z']Just felt like commenting on the trophies for this game - I think this may be the hardest PS3 game to get Platinum, or even to get a majority of the trophies. Some trophies are rank trophies - lower ones are achievable, but IIRC, the trophy for rank of General is equivalent to somewhere between 200k - 300k points. You get one point per kill; and bonus team points throughout the game; and 50 bonus points if your team wins. My points per match probably averaged about 40 or 50 I think (not including the 50 points for winning). So - it would have taken me forever.
[/QUOTE]
Before I stopped playing, I had 82000 points, which took 293 hours to get. General is 275,000 points.

[quote name='polishpride212']Before I stopped playing, I had 82000 points, which took 293 hours to get. General is 275,000 points.[/QUOTE]

OMG you're looking at nearly 1000 hrs to get that. Yep, this is one game to play for the love of the game, not to be a trophy whore. Just like the good old days.

I play solely for the insane flying, the air combat, the crazy chaos and the awesome levels. Fun as hell and as soon as Im good Ill enjoy it even more.

I sold my 60GB PS3 a while back and this is the game I miss most. Someday when I get a slim I will get this again.

[quote name='riddler']How have they not made Warhawk II yet.[/QUOTE]

From PS Blog today:

"A lot has changed for us over the last year — we started our new studio LightBox Interactive, moved to Austin, and we’ve been cranking on the development of our new game that both our Warhawk fans *and* new players are going to love! The team and I are wicked excited about how it’s shaping up and we can’t wait to tell you all about it.

Be sure to stay tuned to the blog for more info on our upcoming game!"

I'm not sure if that is referring to Warhawk II, but it sounds like the game will be in the same vein.

For anybody like me who wondered, they're calling this a SALE price, not a new price point.

it’s for a LIMITED TIME as all great offers are, so you’ve got only two weeks

[quote name='driver01z']Just felt like commenting on the trophies for this game - I think this may be the hardest PS3 game to get Platinum, or even to get a majority of the trophies. Some trophies are rank trophies - lower ones are achievable, but IIRC, the trophy for rank of General is equivalent to somewhere between 200k - 300k points. You get one point per kill; and bonus team points throughout the game; and 50 bonus points if your team wins. My points per match probably averaged about 40 or 50 I think (not including the 50 points for winning). So - it would have taken me forever.
But otherwise, the game itself is very fun, addictive I would say, I recommend it, and you can pick up at least a few trophies. On a related note
WHY DON'T MORE GAMES HAVE PLANES OR FLYING VEHICLES?!?!?!
I think including flying in a shooting game is great, and Halo did it back in 2001... yet its still rare. This frustrates me.[/QUOTE]

yea i've heard the same about warhawk. trophies for me are just a way to maximize the time you can spend in a game. i try to go through a game first and enjoy it for its qualities, then later go back and replay it trying to get trophies. E.g. Batman AA was a great game on its own, and not only that but it was a real easy platinum. SOCOM is a pretty good game (at least now it is anyways) but the trophies will take you forever so you should try to enjoy the game itself and not worry about trophies so much.

I personally hated this game unless I was playing against friends, who took it a bit easier on me. When playing against vets in this game, I would respawn, get killed within 1/2 a second, rinse, repeat.

It got old...FAST!

Plus, I hated that it had no single player mode at all. That's the main two reasons I won't buy MAG till it's $10-15 either. Too many people who spend too much time playing the game and no single player.

Not a bad price for it though, but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for another copy of it and I'd still want a physical disc version.

[quote name='blissskr']The fact this game allows the rare and elusive two player online split screen for Ps3 makes it worth purchasing.[/QUOTE]

Split screen?? As in two players in the same room playing on the same PS3?? If that's the case, I never knew you could do that. But it's still only worth $5 for a download only copy. Then again, I still prefer a physical copy, but this game is worth $1 or less at Gamestop anymore, so it'd have to be $5 or less for a rebuy from me.

You can do 4-player split-screen online, actually. Its a toggleable option, so the online server has to have it enabled.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Split screen?? As in two players in the same room playing on the same PS3?? If that's the case, I never knew you could do that. But it's still only worth $5 for a download only copy. Then again, I still prefer a physical copy, but this game is worth $1 or less at Gamestop anymore, so it'd have to be $5 or less for a rebuy from me.[/QUOTE]
Yes, in fact I think this may be the only game you can do that on lol. It was the reason I got it to begin with and it makes the game more enjoyable. You have to search for matches that allow it but there's usually a good number that do.

Had I actually known that my one buddy and I could've teamed up against some of the better players and actually tried to win instead of getting our asses handed to us repeatedly.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Plus, I hated that it had no single player mode at all. That's the main two reasons I won't buy MAG till it's $10-15 either. Too many people who spend too much time playing the game and no single player.[/QUOTE]

So you can't even play against bots on one of the multiplayer maps?

[quote name='gantt']So you can't even play against bots on one of the multiplayer maps?[/QUOTE]

I didn't really spend too much time going over the options and crap. I only bought it to play against friends 90-95% of the time. So how do you set up a match with only bots?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I didn't really spend too much time going over the options and crap. I only bought it to play against friends 90-95% of the time. So how do you set up a match with only bots?[/QUOTE]

Same question. Need to set up bots on a split screen game.

Also, does anyone know how it works when you share a game with 5 other people and one deletes it, does that allow for someone else to download it on their ps3?

[quote name='gantt']So you can't even play against bots on one of the multiplayer maps?[/QUOTE]

There are no bots in Warhawk. There is a very brief training mode though, so that you can get the hang of the game before going online.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Same question. Need to set up bots on a split screen game.

Also, does anyone know how it works when you share a game with 5 other people and one deletes it, does that allow for someone else to download it on their ps3?[/QUOTE]

No. You'd have to login with the PSN account in question and go into the account settings and deactivate the system. Simply deleting a piece of content doesn't do anything.

[quote name='mkernan']There are no bots in Warhawk. There is a very brief training mode though, so that you can get the hang of the game before going online.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Most of the time I'd just suicide myself(like I used to in Uncharted 2) rather than give the other players a point for killing me.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what I thought. Most of the time I'd just suicide myself(like I used to in Uncharted 2) rather than give the other players a point for killing me.:lol:[/QUOTE]

But you lose a point for killing yourself though.

To get the hang of the game, play on only player servers. Don't play on ranked servers when you're starting out. Player servers tend to be filled with people that play for fun and don't take the game that serious. So it's easier to get the hang of it. The simple fact about warhawk is be prepared to die, a lot.

[quote name='Virsago']But you lose a point for killing yourself though.

To get the hang of the game, play on only player servers. Don't play on ranked servers when you're starting out. Player servers tend to be filled with people that play for fun and don't take the game that serious. So it's easier to get the hang of it. The simple fact about warhawk is be prepared to die, a lot.[/QUOTE]

But that's the thing. I don't care about points, trophies or anything like that. If I'm having fun without having to practice, then I'll keep the game and keep playing(GTAIV). But if the maps don't exactly excite me and people seem to kill you every half second and it's not fun(Warhawk, Uncharted 2), then I'll dump the game and never look back on it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But that's the thing. I don't care about points, trophies or anything like that. If I'm having fun without having to practice, then I'll keep the game and keep playing(GTAIV). But if the maps don't exactly excite me and people seem to kill you every half second and it's not fun(Warhawk, Uncharted 2), then I'll dump the game and never look back on it.[/QUOTE]

So...don't buy this game then...lulz

bread's done
Back