Warhawk on PSN for $14.99 (PlayStation 3)

I know you can't share the full game, but what about the booster packs? I don't even own Warhawk yet, but I might get the DLC while it's on sale if I can share it with a friend later.

How biased is the game towards aerial combat though? I couldn't stand to play Battlefield 2 after a while cause it eventually devolved to controlling the jet, and there was only ever 1 per team. There was really nothing you could do if your team lost its jet, cause everyone left on the ground was basically fucked, it's not like you could take down the other team's plane using those shitty AA turrets, a chopper maybe once in a while, but definitely not the jets.

Does everyone get a hawk in the game? If not are there actually viable options to take down an aerial unit from the ground? Does the game contain weapons or "perks" to unlock? I hate how unlocks are becoming a trend in multiplayer games, and I'd be reluctant to pick up a game like Warhawk that already has a steep learning curve if it piles on advantages for the more experienced players.

Also I can get the game for like $6 used, so do the booster packs really add enough content to be worth more than the game itself? Are they pretty much a necessity at this point, or are there still plenty of servers available to owners of the vanilla game?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shytface']I know you can't share the full game, but what about the booster packs? I don't even own Warhawk yet, but I might get the DLC while it's on sale if I can share it with a friend later.

How biased is the game towards aerial combat though? I couldn't stand to play Battlefield 2 after a while cause it eventually to devolved to controlling the jet, and there was only ever 1 per team. There was really nothing you could do if your team lost its jet, cause everyone left on the ground was basically fucked, it's not like you could take down the other team's plane using those shitty AA turrets, a chopper maybe once in a while, but definitely not the jets.

Does everyone get a hawk in the game? If not are there actually viable options to take down an aerial unit from the ground? Does the game contain weapons or "perks" to unlock? I hate how unlocks are becoming a trend in multiplayer games, and I'd be reluctant to pick up a game like Warhawk that already has a steep learning curve if it piles on advantages for the more experienced players.

Also I can get the game for like $6 used, so do the booster packs really add enough content to be worth more than the game itself? Are they pretty much a necessity at this point, or are there still plenty of servers available to owners of the vanilla game?[/QUOTE]

The DLC *can* be game-shared.

There are multiple "warhawks" per team and until you get the hang of flight controls, you'll be shot down pretty quickly. The game is a good mix of vehicles and on-foot stuff; not one thing seems to overpower another necessarily. There are no perks or unlocks; just weapons pickups scattered through the maps.

If you get the game today, I'd recommend the booster packs. The new maps are good and each of the three maps introduced cools new vehicles: a jetpack, an APC that can deploy a shield and has a ramming attack, and a big aerial gunship that holds like 6 dudes.

[quote name='mkernan']There are no bots in Warhawk. There is a very brief training mode though, so that you can get the hang of the game before going online.

No. You'd have to login with the PSN account in question and go into the account settings and deactivate the system. Simply deleting a piece of content doesn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answers!

[quote name='mkernan']The DLC *can* be game-shared.

There are multiple "warhawks" per team and until you get the hang of flight controls, you'll be shot down pretty quickly. The game is a good mix of vehicles and on-foot stuff; not one thing seems to overpower another necessarily. There are no perks or unlocks; just weapons pickups scattered through the maps.

If you get the game today, I'd recommend the booster packs. The new maps are good and each of the three maps introduced cools new vehicles: a jetpack, an APC that can deploy a shield and has a ramming attack, and a big aerial gunship that holds like 6 dudes.[/QUOTE]

Just going off of what "mkernan" had stated:

The number of bases that your team has control over will determine how many weapons, vehicles, and "warhawks" that you all will have access to.

More often that not, a team consisting of highly skilled pilots will have the upper hand. However, this doesn't guarantee success; you could have an elite team of pilots with lacking ground units.

Using the most effective weapons to take down the "warhawks", such as the anti-air turrets and RPGS, are not always sufficient when facing veteran pilots who know how to counter these actions. Nevertheless, the gameplay is still very balanced.

There are a few unlockable items in the game. For example, as you increase your rank, you unlock new vinyls/designs that you can apply to your "warhawk." Additionally, you can also unlock new features that will customize your character's appearance.

As someone who has clocked in almost 1,000 hrs with this game, "Warhawk" is still an awesome and fun time imo, especially since its community is still active and thriving.

At a $14.99 price point, this game is a great bargain and well worth it! Hope this information helps.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Same question. Need to set up bots on a split screen game.

Also, does anyone know how it works when you share a game with 5 other people and one deletes it, does that allow for someone else to download it on their ps3?[/QUOTE]

You can only game share with 4 other people. I believe they have to deactivate downloads on their system in order to reclaim the download.

I will give a gameshare of my Wipeout Fury Dynamic theme and Motor Storm Pacfici Rift dynamic theme for a share of the Warhawk DLC packs!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I will give a gameshare of my Wipeout Fury Dynamic theme and Motor Storm Pacfici Rift dynamic theme for a share of the Warhawk DLC packs![/QUOTE]
fucking scammer, those themes are free on UK PSN accounts.

[quote name='salazarmark']fucking scammer, those themes are free on UK PSN accounts.[/QUOTE]

Umm, no. This is a US account anyway. There is also now a LBP, and Kratos 7-eleven theme too.

Just picked up a used copy of this from Play-N-Trade for $8. I was tempting myself with the PSN $14 price so when I saw the cheaper disc I went for it.

Pretty awesome, and it helps that my girlfriend can jump in an online game with me for fun. It's frustratingly hard at times, but most the time it's pretty fun. I do find that points don't seem to accrue very fast, so customizing my character looks to be a long time coming.

Well worth the price though.

bread's done
Back