Warhawk popularity

rpnguyen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am a new owner of a PS3 Slim and would like to know how good fellow forum-goers believe the game Warhawk is and whether enough people are still playing the game to warrant a purchase. Currently $21.05 w/FSSS on Amazon.

Lots of people play , but I noticed a lot of people also play the maps you only can get from the expansions.

It is a great game. I especially like the split-screen online. I purchased it off of Amazon a couple months back for $18 and was surprised at the number of people playing (tons of full servers day and night).

It's a fun game, the online system really works well and has alot of replay value
you can do well even if you don't fly the warhawk, which takes some getting use to (Hint though if you are a aviator game fan, Expert Controls are better to play on for flight)
But I'd really suggest picking up the expansion pack bundle, you get them all and at a discount
Jet Packs, Troop Transports & Drop Ships are worth it.. you get a special add-on with each pack & more maps.. A great combo

Last edited by a moderator:
Are people using voice chat on this now? I remember when I used to play a lot, nobody ever used mics. :(

Mic usage is sporadic. Usually a couple of people have mics, but they don't use them or you just hear humming. Rarely you'll run into a game where most everyone has mics and they use them.

When CAG Warhawk night was still in effect most everyone had mics.

IMO one of the best PS3 games. Don't be discouraged if you suck at it in the beginning. I takes a while to get the hang of it and to understand how awesome this game is.

It is a fun game, and funny enough it's one of the only games I can think of that allows split screen online multiplayer - making it a blast to play when friends are over

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']IMO one of the best PS3 games. Don't be discouraged if you suck at it in the beginning. I takes a while to get the hang of it and to understand how awesome this game is.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.

i didn't care much for it, but like Teh Nitwit said, i sucked when i played it the first time, and had zero desire to ever play again. the one thing that sets it apart is the air combat IMO, the rest of the game was pretty poor, and not nearly as good as other similar games out there.

i think my biggest beef with it was that it's an online only game, so it's pretty much trial by fire. i sucked at it, and had no SP modes to try and get the hang of it, so basically i was trying to learn how to fly the planes, all the while getting shot down every 30 seconds or so.

You can always set up a password protected private server and play around with the planes and other vehicles, and learn the maps a bit

[quote name='Connavar']You can always set up a password protected private server and play around with the planes and other vehicles, and learn the maps a bit[/QUOTE]

So does that mean there are bots/AI? Because that would be a great idea for me to get some practice in.

No, no AI whatsoever unfortunately. Only
gives you the chance to become somewhat acquainted with everything without being decimated every 30 seconds.

Actually when you first start the game u get to play in rookie servers. so u don't get pounded every time u respawn . when u reach a certain rank the more advanced servers will be unlocked.i got this game in february and i still play it.it's very addicting and fun and the custom soundtracks are a major plus.

If you like people who camp respawn points for the better weapons and getting trounced every damn time you try to take off in a Warhawk, then you'll love this game.

I had about 2-3 copies of it(gave one to a friend, sold/traded the other two)and that's all I really remember from when I played this game.

Plus, it completely sucks that it's an online ONLY game. The lack of a single player offline mode was another thing that made me truly despise this game.

bread's done
Back