WarioWare D.I.Y - 14.99 on Amazon.com - Free Standard Shipping

Ha, I noticed this one Sunday when I picked it up from TRU on the B1G1 half off sale. Going to be exchanging it for Mario Party DS and picking up WarioWare on Amazon.

Seems like you'll need to "create your own" stuff for this. Pass for lack of creativity and time for that.

[quote name='scottman']Seems like you'll need to "create your own" stuff for this. Pass for lack of creativity and time for that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm on the fence... I'd rather not "build-it-myself". I think that's an obnoxious new gimmick for people who've "played it all" or "are really talented" or whatever BS.

Does DIY have a mini-story, a la the original Warioware??? Seems like the game would be incomplete without some side characters and Wario on a motorbike! :bouncy:

Yeah, let's be clear here. This game is this generation's Mario Paint.

It is also really, really, really fucking awesome. There really is no story... 'Wario is bored, Crygor made a video game making machine' and there's only like 75 included mini games or something. In spite of that it is quite good. The game does a most excellent job of teaching about logic switches, explaining all the aspects of game creation (albeit briefly), and pushing you to 'ship' rather than sit on your ideas. It's a really fun time if you're at all creative and I can say that it pushed me to learn XNA and actually work towards bringing some ideas to reality. It's a really good time and I can't recommend it enough if you enjoy making things. Potential buyers, do seek out the 'boss game' hack so you can make unending levels.

However, if you're just looking to 'play' then I'd say pass as there's not much content on the cart and you'll spend a lot of time wading through other people's content to find the gems.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Yeah, let's be clear here. This game is this generation's Mario Paint.

It is also really, really, really fucking awesome. There really is no story... 'Wario is bored, Crygor made a video game making machine' and there's only like 75 included mini games or something. In spite of that it is quite good. The game does a most excellent job of teaching about logic switches, explaining all the aspects of game creation (albeit briefly), and pushing you to 'ship' rather than sit on your ideas. It's a really fun time if you're at all creative and I can say that it pushed me to learn XNA and actually work towards bringing some ideas to reality. It's a really good time and I can't recommend it enough if you enjoy making things. Potential buyers, do seek out the 'boss game' hack so you can make unending levels.

However, if you're just looking to 'play' then I'd say pass as there's not much content on the cart and you'll spend a lot of time wading through other people's content to find the gems.[/QUOTE]

Very well put. It truly is an amazing game.

If you are willing to invest the time and are creative this game is worth it, but if you have awful drawing skills and little patience you will not like this game.

I bought this game, but I lack talent and patience, so it was not worth it for me.

bread's done
Back