Warioware: Smooth Wallet Rape

ninja dog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Will this game ever get a reprint? It sold over a million, iirc. Pretty ridiculous that it can't be found for a decent price anywhere.

wtf? this is rare? no s**t? i have to say i'm surprised, i bought it a few weeks after it came out and still have it... good to know

just wait for some sort of player's choice type deal... if this sold over 1 mil copies it will surely be on it

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I picked this game up the week it came out (I had saved a Christmas Gamestop gift card for $25!) and I played through it in like 3 hours. $50 seems kinda high in the first place let alone the nonsense people are charging for it.

If Nintendo ever does a PC line (and they should- however the games are still printing money as it were), it would hopefully be on it as em12 mentioned.

There's also hope for Nintendo reprints given recent DS reprints of Clubhouse Games and Hotel Dusk: Room 215.

I got this shortly after release from a pawn shop for $20 (perfect condition).

Definitely isn't worth the extremely high prices. That's not me saying it's a bad game...but $20-30 seems right for it.

I myself wouldn't bet on a reprint, but I guess you never know.

Yeah, it's totally not worth the price. but I get cravings for WW!

How is the gamecube version? that's only $9.99 used at GS. maybe I'll snag that with the 25% coupon today.

[quote name='ninja dog']Yeah, it's totally not worth the price. but I get cravings for WW!

How is the gamecube version? that's only $9.99 used at GS. maybe I'll snag that with the 25% coupon today.[/QUOTE]

The gamecube version is exactly the same as the first gba one, mini-game wise. It has the normal set of multiplayer options added. Not a bad game, and a decent alternative on the Wii.

I've bought 4 of these from Walmart for $19.82 over the course of the last 4 weeks or so. I sold one on ebay for $73.00, and I'm still deciding on what to do with the other 3. I couldn't believe this was marked down, especially considering my local WM never has any good deals. As always with WM, YMMV. But check yours, just in case.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've bought 4 of these from Walmart for $19.82 over the course of the last 4 weeks or so. I sold one on ebay for $73.00, and I'm still deciding on what to do with the other 3. I couldn't believe this was marked down, especially considering my local WM never has any good deals. As always with WM, YMMV. But check yours, just in case.[/QUOTE]

Nice finds. I'd sell them now while you can make $50 a pop on them.

picked up the Gamecube version today. hopefully I can find a decent priced Wii version soon.

Despite all the hatred this game gets here, there is obviously some interest given the resale prices and the fact that this is the second thread like this in as many weeks.

If you can find it, I'd say this game is definitely worth $30-$40 IF you have a lot of Wii-themed social events (and many Wii owners do based on the sales of other party games). Otherwise it has no real value as a single player experience.

Wii= Party Fun. I mean seriously, it's easy to get into and quick to use. I'm pretty surprised this game is rare, but oh well. I was never really into this.

Usually Games made up of Mini-Games are decent, but not really worth the full price imo. Unless it was like the First Mario Party game which included a story.

Also good job with selling one for 75 bucks. :D

The $6 I paid for Warioware Inc is about right :lol: I also have Touched!, so I think that takes care of my Warioware craving. Still, Smooth Moves is pretty darn fun with the Wii-centric controls.

haha, 6 dollars for warioware? where did you buy it. that would be really nice
pixel.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yukine']The Gamecube version is better than the Wii one anyway.[/quote]
Except that non-gamers would not touch a GC controller in a million years but they will leap at the chance to play a game with the Wii controller. Having never played the GC version I don't have an opinion on it, but I do know that the Wii version has been a great way to introduce people to Wii controls.

[quote name='ninja dog']The $6 I paid for Warioware Inc is about right :lol: I also have Touched!, so I think that takes care of my Warioware craving. Still, Smooth Moves is pretty darn fun with the Wii-centric controls.[/QUOTE]

I imagine you already have it, but if you don't, Twisted is probably my favorite entry in the series.

Yeah, I just decided to see how much my copy would go for... I expected like $15, but holy shazam!!! It's going for about $50-$80. CRAZY! I'm going to keep my copy now...

[quote name='hordak']Yeah, I just decided to see how much my copy would go for... I expected like $15, but holy shazam!!! It's going for about $50-$80. CRAZY! I'm going to keep my copy now...[/quote]
Huh? Are you only keeping it because of the current value? If so, you should probably sell because that value will plummet when the game is inevitably reprinted, just like what happened with Club House Games DS.

If you're keeping it because you like it and were just surprised at the value, no one would argue with that.

I still see this used for $30-$40. It's a good game, but if you pay more than $40 you're making a mistake. Maybe it's rarer in other places - if Nintendo can remake Pikmin, it will certain bring back WW:SM at some point.

"Twisted" is still the best game in the franchise, IMO.

[quote name='wii skiier']Huh? Are you only keeping it because of the current value? If so, you should probably sell because that value will plummet when the game is inevitably reprinted, just like what happened with Club House Games DS.

If you're keeping it because you like it and were just surprised at the value, no one would argue with that.[/quote]

I like it, but I don't play it enough. I figured I'd sell it now and rebuy down the line when I want to play again, but if it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to get it back, then I might as well keep it. :)

Hmm... pretty tempted to sell my copy, I actually bought it for around the same price when it first came out ($10.00 BB coupon ftw.)

I've been selling sealed copies I got from BB/GR $28 for $65 on ebay. They go with no problem. I sold a couple used ones for $50, I think. I even sold my personal copy. The next B2G1F at GS, I'll be picking up more.

bread's done
Back