Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read this on SD this morning. I am going to do it. The way I interpreted the rules were that most standard releases were 4.9x each and larger releases (ie Matrix Collection, Planet Earth, etc..) were priced between 10 and 15 dollars each to upgrade After all of that, shipping was 6.95 - flat.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Comes to about $7 per title for those who might be interested.
[/QUOTE]

How did you come up with 7 per title? I may have misread the rules.

You actually get to keep the movie, you just send the artwork...so you keep the disc & case with no artwork and score a Blu-Ray.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Would it be terrible if I sent them my copy of Million Dollar Baby that stops functioning in the middle of the movie?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to worry about that because you don't have to send the disc in. All you have to do is send the cover art. Basically; copy and print your cover art, send in your original art, and you get a higly discounted blu ray.

[quote name='jughead']
How did you come up with 7 per title? I may have misread the rules.[/quote]

The glory hound obviously doesn't have very many WB :hd:s.

When I did all the WB titles I own, my cost was $5.42 per title

[quote name='jughead']How did you come up with 7 per title? I may have misread the rules.[/quote]

Ooops, meant to say it that it was $7 for shipping.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You actually get to keep the movie, you just send the case w/artwork...so you keep the disc with no artwork and score a Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]
Hrm. Not that I would do it, but it'd be funny if someone scored some cases from a store and got some 7 dollar Blu-Rays. I know of a store that has the cases just sitting out in the open.

I was wondering if the upgrade to Nip Tuck season 4 was a good deal, but then I saw that it was only 8.69 brand new at the Amazon marketplace.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ooops, meant to say it that it was $7 for shipping.[/quote]It's flat-rate shipping, so the shipping charges get pretty small when you're doing a number of them at once.

Plus, since it's WB, it's be $4.95 + tax per title, if I had to guess.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Son of a... I've got like 40 WB titles. Have to sit down and figure it out[/quote]Same here. I have a bunch of them, which is why I need to print out my list and compare it to the Red2Blu site.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Son of a... I've got like 40 WB titles. Have to sit down and figure it out[/quote]

There is a limit of 25 :br: exchanges per household

I'm not sure what titles to do...I was thinking The Matrix trilogy but they only have the "Ultimate" Matrix trilogy available...Planet Earth is a good one, maybe my Ocean trilogy :whistle2:k

i did notice matrix 1 on that list...

i have the "complete" matrix trilogy on hd, but that wasnt on the list.. only the "ultimate" set.

I have to go home and see what i have.. it seems i dont have as many wb titles as i thought.

Also reading all of the FAQ's we aren't sending in our cases or discs. Part of me thinks we're getting new artwork and discs only. No pretty blu cases to keep the collection in order.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Also reading all of the FAQ's we aren't sending in our cases or discs. Part of me thinks we're getting new artwork and discs only. No pretty blu cases to keep the collection in order.[/quote]

It clearly says "New Blu-Ray discs"...I'm pretty sure its safe to assume its a new retail copy and not a "new" disc.

Damn, I wonder if any :hd:s people got as part of the 5 free promos that had destroyed UPC codes are eligible for the upgrade.

From the T&C .pdf:

10. The HD DVD artwork packaging sleeve of the Participating Title must be:
a. the original artwork packaging sleeve - copies are not valid.
b. the entire sleeve – ripped, cut up or partial sleeves are not valid.
c. in good condition.

Now I gotta look at my :hd: inserts before I sign up.

On the bright side, you *may* get a $15 off minimum $50 :br: purchase coupon code to the WB online store.

6. By Participating in the Program, you are also eligible to receive a coupon in the form of a promotional code for fifteen dollars ($15.00) off your purchase of fifty dollars ($50.00) worth of Blu-ray titles at regular prices on the WBShop.com site.

Your $15.00 promotional code expires December 31, 2009. You will receive your promotional code via the e-mail address you have provided.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. reserves the right to terminate or otherwise modify theamount and/or terms of the promotional offering in this Section 6 at any time; provided that once any particular order is made, the promotional offering, if any, existing at the time of the order will be honored according to its terms.

:roll:

I am definitely going to be doing this, thanks for the heads up. This seems like a good deal that way if my 2 hd dvd players ever die out on me i will have the blu ray counter. Nice.

Kind of a cool program since you get to keep the disc, but I don't plan on getting a Blu-Ray player anytime soon so I don't know if my motivation will be high enough to actually go through with this. Shipping hurts the appeal as well since I'd probably only do three, maybe four titles at the most.

wow... most of my HD DVDs I have left are WB... I will definitely jump all over this once I figure it all out. I too have the Matrix complete set... I would take the bluray of just the first one in any case. This seems almost too good to be true really.

Excellent, from a quick glance it looks like there are a little over 20 titles I'd like to upgrade, it's even better since you don't have to send in the discs. Kudos to WBs, I just hope they don't come back disc only with blu ray cover art.

I'm wondering what would happen if I was to just send in the covers for the 3 Matrix films :whistle2:k

EDIT: NVM...it says it needs the back cover of the box the one with the UPC on it...darn.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']I wonder how long they'll keep this up as I don't plan on buying a Blu-Ray player anytime soon.[/quote]

Program Rules say:

14. The Program may be terminated by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. at any time and if not terminated by December 31, 2009, the Program shall be deemed to expire on December 31, 2009. If the Program is terminated, all exchange requests made prior to the termination date will be honored; provided that the corresponding artwork packaging sleeves are received no later than three (3) weeks following the termination of the Program. If the Program is not terminated and expires on December 31, 2009, all exchange requests made prior to December 31, 2009 will be honored; provided that the corresponding artwork
packaging sleeves are received by January 21, 2010.

I have at least 17 that I know of, maybe a couple more. Will have to check when I get home from work. I'll do it, simply for the fact that I bought many of my HD-DVD's 2nd hand, so I got them especially cheap. Worth it to me in the long run.

And considering I get to keep the case and disc itself, I'll just scan/reprint the coverart of each one I send back.

this is pretty cool. i may get in on it simply for longevity's sake. you even get to keep the hddvds so i guess you could potentially sell those to recoup some of the cost

That is cool that they are not requiring you to send in the disc. It's like the best of both worlds/formats (I hate to quote Hanna Montana, lol).

I am in for the Harry Potters and a couple of titles.

^ Narrow Stairs and Only by the Night... my favorite two albums from last year.

ObtN is the best album I've heard in at least 3 years.

just be careful you are actually getting an upgrade. For example the 300 hd dvd is better than the blu ray

Looking over the list I may have enough to justify the cost...I'd mostly be doing it with stuff where I have one of a series - ie Superman II, Batman Begins, etc - so I can keep complete series sets on one format. So no plans on dumping off Ocean's Trilogy or Matrix Trilogy or stuff that wasn't sequelized. I guess I'm obsessive compulsive with my HD discs.

I may wait to get feedback from people who have done this already to make sure that a) we really only need to send in the sleeve, not the case or disc and b) we do actually get new (or at least complete) Blu-Ray discs.

Also curious about WB's online service....after the total debacle of late '07, if any of you remember that, I didn't order from them until after HD DVD threw in the towel. How is their service these days?

[quote name='guardian_owl']Excellent, from a quick glance it looks like there are a little over 20 titles I'd like to upgrade[/QUOTE]

You mean exchange.

...sorry, just being a dick. :lol:

Just did it for my 5 Harry Potters, Batman Begins, Justice League: New Frontier and Corpse Bride, since I have (or will have) other movies within the series in Blu. And yes, I know Corpse Bride isn't part of a series, but I'd still like to have it Blu to go with my Nightmare.

Came out to $49ish after tax on shipping? (Oregon doesn't have sales tax, but whatever). Very cool deal, though I do wish I could have switched out my Complete Matrix too. Still very happy about it.

Thanks subby.

ETA: Just a heads-up. The confirmation e-mail went to my spam folder. Watch out for that. Though the e-mail does include a label for your envelope to mail the cover art back with that has free postage. Looks like this could be a pretty decent promotion. Good on WB. Fingers crossed.

this is huge as i got a lot of hd dvd (still brand new) like Ocean 3 pack and the matrix that I can upgrade

If I send my Harry Potter book from the Special Edition, would I get the SE trunk for the blu ray or just the discs do you think?

I kind of want to upgrade, but I'd rather have the individual cases

Anyone else with Casablanca notice that when upgrading, the ultimate edition is what shows up in your cart... That alone makes this an easy sale for me... Will also upgrade matrix, and planet earth

Looks like I had less WB titles than I thought:

The Adventures Of Robin Hood
Appleseed Ex Machina (Combo)
Blazing Saddles
Casablanca
Constantine
Goodfellas
Happy Feet
Justice League - The New Frontier (Combo)
Letters From Iwo Jima
Smallville Season 6
The Ultimate Matrix Collection

Problem is, I hope the ones I received as freebies from the HD-DVD promotion don't have struck-through UPC's or not.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like I had less WB titles than I thought:

The Adventures Of Robin Hood
Appleseed Ex Machina (Combo)
Blazing Saddles
Casablanca
Constantine
Goodfellas
Happy Feet
Justice League - The New Frontier (Combo)
Letters From Iwo Jima
Smallville Season 6
The Ultimate Matrix Collection

Problem is, I hope the ones I received as freebies from the HD-DVD promotion don't have struck-through UPC's or not.[/QUOTE]

be careful as the Appleseed Ex Machina hd dvd is in higher demand than the blu ray

I think I'm going to go with these:

Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Constantine
The Departed
Justice League: The New Frontier Special Edition
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Ocean's Eleven, Twelve & Thirteen Giftset
Planet Earth: The Complete Collection
V for Vendetta

[quote name='62t']be careful as the Appleseed Ex Machina hd dvd is in higher demand than the blu ray[/quote]Good fact to know. Thanks for letting me know.

[quote name='zman73']Anyone else with Casablanca notice that when upgrading, the ultimate edition is what shows up in your cart... That alone makes this an easy sale for me... Will also upgrade matrix, and planet earth[/quote]
Wow that's pretty sweet if they follow through with that. I don't have Casablanca, but I could buy it used for about $10, then add the $5 for exchange and $7 for shipping and it's still half the cost of the set on Amazon...

This is tempting to think about. However, I don't have a blu player or any blus yet. And I tossed out all of my cardboard box sets (have the individual Ocean and Matrix movies on the shelf).

bread's done
Back