Warning! Caution! Alert! If you ordered HALO 2 LE from eCost read this!

aaronprather

CAGiversary!
I placed an order for Halo 2 LE from eCost back on July 2nd, I came back to check on the order status and found it was "Canceled by the Customer" 5 days ago! I called eCost and found out that their computer systems aren't really designed for taking preorders and automatically cancels what the computer precieves as a backorder (after a lengthly period of time).

The good news is when I called eCost's customer service line, they seemed aware of the issue. They re-activated my order AND removed the handeling fee. So now my net cost is $37 even!

Just a word to warning to any fellow CAGers whom may have placed an "preorder" from eCost, check your order status and verify that your order isn't canceled!

Aaron

[quote name='beerguy961']Hmmm, a good post by a new guy. Seems illogical, but thanks for the warning (needs a bump so more see)...[/quote]

Too bad it's in the wrong forum.

I intentionally posted to the "wrong" forum because:

A. The original deal was posted there and doing a new post would be more effective, than writing an addendum to the original deal post.

B. The video game deals forum gets more views and traffic than any of the others, and I felt the importance of this post warrants it being posted there.

[quote name='beerguy961']Hmmm, a good post by a new guy. Seems illogical, but thanks for the warning (needs a bump so more see)...[/quote]

LOL! New guy!?!

Holy crap, thanx for the info, i checked my order status and it was cancelled as well! Thanx for the 411 :notworth:

[quote name='aaronprather'][quote name='beerguy961']Hmmm, a good post by a new guy. Seems illogical, but thanks for the warning (needs a bump so more see)...[/quote]

LOL! New guy!?!

Thanks for the pointer.

Mine was listed as cancelled as well, only when I went into the order and checked on it.

I called them and reamed them a new one. According to the idjit on the phone, their system auto-cancelled the order out, due to the timeframe of the shipment being so long from when it would ship. Due to this, the order auto-dumped out of the system.

They're supposed to be re-instating my order and removing the handling fee, since I figure I shouldn't pay for MIShandling my order.

Have to wait to hear from a supervisor on this. Should be an interesting call.

Funny thing is that I'm looking at buying wireless gear for thirteen offices and was considering them among some other vendors. Guess they don't want $10K+ of orders. Oh well.

Thanks for the info, I checked and mine is still backaordered.

grey- I don't see where it says when it will be delivered.

I had to spend the last 15 minutes with them on the phone, mostly arguing with the rep on the phone because she had the wrong order #, and finally fixed it, doing a new order without any handling or shipping charges. When I checked the order, it looked like they re-ordered it at $54.99. Don't think so.

On my second phone call, they told me that they had to adjust it on their end to $37.00, and it requires a supervisor to fix that price change. While I was on hold to speak with their supervisor, it did show up in my account as $37.00. Their supervisor upgraded my shipping to priority overnight at no charge to me, and put me "at the front of the line", due to all of my issues.

We'll have to see when it shows up and when it ships, since at the time of this post, they don't have an idea of when it'll be arriving for shipment.

[quote name='aaronprather']I intentionally posted to the "wrong" forum because:

A. The original deal was posted there and doing a new post would be more effective, than writing an addendum to the original deal post.

B. The video game deals forum gets more views and traffic than any of the others, and I felt the importance of this post warrants it being posted there.[/quote]

No matter how important it is, don't purposely post it in the wrong forum. We have mulitiple forums for a reason. If you're not posting a deal, don't put it in the deal forum.

bread's done
Back