Warning: Don't insert credit cards into your Wii!

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/12/29/psa-wii-slot-is-for-discs-only-not-credit-cards/

According to HUELEN10, some neighbors with whom he is casually acquainted informed him that they had just given their kids a Wii for Christmas, and then solicited game recommendations. HUELEN10 suggested a few retail games as well as the Sega Master System version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Unfamiliar with the Virtual Console, the mother asked for further explanation, which HUELEN10 offered, saying, among other things, that it requires the user to "put in her credit card when prompted on the Shop Channel, and get the amount of points she wanted."

Which she did, unfortunately. Some time later, the mother called her neighbor, furious that their new Wii had been broken by following his advice. She put the credit cards into the Wii, just like he said.

Right into the disc slot.

And when one didn't work, she went ahead and jammed two more credit cards in there. Now, with three unusable credit cards and one busted Wii, she has demanded that HUELEN10 pay for repairs.

Look forward to a new warning screen on Wii games, right after the Health and Safety screen and the wrist strap warning!

Moral of the story: people are fucking stupid. :lol:

That's what you get for going after the casual market: $250 more in sales.

Sony should have never taken the credit card slot out when they moved from the 60GB to the 40GB PS3.

Lol, wow. I feel that some people either panic whenever they see this White Thing that can magically display moving images on the screen. Go figure. She probably poked the power button with a stick, and like screamed for help when it actually went on making noise. She probably yelled, "WITCHCRAFT!".

Haha, this is actually pretty funny. I think this woman is a threat to society, when someone says Please give me your Credit Card, she'll be like, "Ok." then stick it in their mouth, and makes them swallow it. End of story.

WOOT!

I'd hate/love to be the customer service rep that gets that call

When I use to do customer service for Sony I actually got a few of these calls, LOL
I'm sure no one would be stupid enough to put a CC in a drive that slides out like the 360.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']
I'm sure no one would be stupid enough to put a CC in a drive that slides out like the 360.[/quote]
[quote name='blueshinra']I take it that mother's the kind of person who would use her computer's disk drive tray as a cupholder :lol:[/quote]

I wonder how she pays for things online. Jam the credit card in the floppy disk drive?

"Hold stick near centre of its length. Moisten pointed end in
mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle
in-out motion."

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
Moral of the story: people are fucking stupid. :lol:[/quote]

What I'm about to say would be off-topic, but not because of the quoted sentence.

This morning I went to McDonalds to get breakfast (read: coffee) because I was running late to work - something I never do. At the McDonalds, some church lady decided to drive her church bus (!) through the drive through. The dumb bitch did not realize the whole "clearance" thing until a man ran out of the McDonalds all like "SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT" and waving his hands like "STOP BITCH YOU WILL TEAR MY fuckING ROOF DOWN GODDAM!"

The lady did stop, but she did not want to fucking back down from the promise of a delicious McDonalds breakfast. Now, I'm getting a little late by this time, but I don't give a fuck, because this is entertaining, as the lady's bus' roof is now scrubbing the McDonalds roof and there's like 7 McDonalds employees outside, watching this fiasco. I'm sitting in my car thinking "McDonalds is fucking awesome in the mornings, goddam!"

Now, this is where the manager (a.k.a. business man target from any Hitman game) comes out all like "WAT," with a clipboard and all. Now, I'm laughing now, because he jumps in front of her bus and yells: "SORRY LADY THIS JUST WON'T WORK."

Funny thing is: the lady couldn't get food anyway. Because she had some credit cards fucking ruined, because she put them into her Wii.

My point is: I just saw that dumb bitch!

I click on threads like this for a good laugh, but lately, I've been finding that reading stories like this make me angry more often then not. I hate stupid people so much.

Not to ruin the party or anything but I remember this kid back on the Nintendo NSider forums. He was known for lying and basically being full of shit. Shame Kotaku posted it.

I don't buy the story whatsoever.

2cztrub.jpg

bread's done
Back