Warning: Major Harry Potter Spoilers spreading throughout the net...

NOTHING BUT SPOILERS HERE, but damn if it isn't the funniest thing in the entire history of the internet..

http://forums.hitman2.net/showthread.php?p=63425#post63425
http://www.starbuzz.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=23599#23599
http://greenlighter.org/viewtopic.php?t=1094
http://www.mlgpro.com/index.php?nam...0&sid=32e2b106255f6eff45afec51f6d54094#367852
http://www.brainwashed.us/upload/files/images/mlbowntcliffs.jpg
http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?p=1638280#post1638280

DKroner44: http://www.iupload.net/072005/1121326488449.jpg
HappyPants249: please dont tell me
HappyPants249: dont tell!
HappyPants249: u just ruined my childhood
DKroner44: hah

http://www.iupload.net/072005/gamingagespoiled1.jpg

i called my sister and told her "***** ***** **********" she didnt say anything, and then a "fuck you" come over the phone and she hung up.

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=53435&pid=1408558&st=0&#entry1408558
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3104/lolparryhotter1eb.gif
http://www.godrics-hollow.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=536793#536793
http://www.clemsontalk.com/vb/showpost.php?p=294592&postcount=1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can you imagine what the cops will do if someone reports that? "LAPD, what's the problem?" "Yeah, this guy posted a Harry Potter spoiler on my forum!"

*click*

[quote name='Quackzilla']Or what if someone told you that in "The Night of the Living Dead" that, after being the only survvivor of a horrific onslaught of zombies, the hero of the movie was mistaken for a zombie and sniped by zombie hunters (the morning after).[/QUOTE]

That was a seriously fucked up ending

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']That was a seriously fucked up ending[/QUOTE]
They killed him because he was black...if he happened to be a zombie then all the better.

[quote name='Scorch']*Scratches 'Night of the Living Dead' off 'must see' list*[/QUOTE]
Its still worth it for the rest of the film.

[quote name='Nogib']You forget to point out the biggest spoiler of all to people: They are getting their undies in a bunch over a book written FOR TEN YEAR OLDS! I don't know what is wrong with the world, but I stopped reading children's books when I was no longer a child. fuck all the Harry Potter fans.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with enjoying things that are targeted towards kids? As long as you don't go overboard about it, I don't see why someone shouldn't be allowed to read Harry Potter.

I used to really hate Harry Potter until my best friend basically forced the book on me and I was pressured into saying I liked HP; I think that if you say something long enough it ends up coming true, lol. I've read all of them and am looking forward to the next book coming out although I'm not completely freaking out about it. And if I came across a spoiler, big deal. I have more important things to worry about, like not getting kicked out of college and the exam I have in 9 hours that I should be studying for...

i dont know why people are gettin so bent out of shape about Harry Potter books, I have never read them but who cares if someone else has. People are just crapping this thread, grow up.

lol someone should goto a big bookstore line outside on launch day and be like everyone, may I have your attention. And when they are quiet yell ou tht spoiler. That would be hilarious.

[quote name='The VGM']lol someone should goto a big bookstore line outside on launch day and be like everyone, may I have your attention. And when they are quiet yell ou tht spoiler. That would be hilarious.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping someone takes signs out to bookstore lines and/or drives by and yells it in a megaphone.

[quote name='jmcc']Apply the principle to games and see if you think the same way. If someone had come out before FF7 came out and spammed boards saying that Aeris died, or before KOTOR was released and told you the main character was actually Revan, there'd be much bitching about it. And a book doesn't even have gameplay to fall back on. It's just plot. Once that's given away, there's not much point.[/QUOTE]

Aeris Dies!?!?!?!

You ruined it for me ;)

[quote name='greydemise']i read 1-3 ..they helped speed the ride i took every morning last year to work, and i have to say they are good..spurred my imagination, i was reading 1 when 5 game out..and i saw so many ppl reading it..even this guy had a book cover on the book as not to be embarassed i presume... but seriously, i have a few HP obsessed friends..and wow..it gets kinda annoying hearing about this stuff..THEY'RE OLDER THAN I AM FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!..its a fun book to read..but dont get ur panties in a bunch..[/QUOTE]

I've only read the first two. But as soon as my deposit goes through tomorrow, I am ordering the hardcover boxed set of 1-5 and pre-ordering the 6th from B&N.com. Seriously, I don't know what most of you have against reading. I would dare say that 90% of you who are complaining about adults liking Harry Potter have either not picked up a book since you got out of school or have not read Harry Potter.

I have a friend who started doing something secretly two years ago. It turned out he was reading a book. But he wouldn't tell anyone what it was. If he ever took it somewhere, it would be in a bag. Eventually, he let only me in on the "secret." (I guess he realized that I liked Harry Potter, and since we are both the same age he knew I wouldn't laugh at him.) He showed me thathe had checked out all four books and was reading them in preparation for the fifth's release. Well, eventually people found out somehow. I guess he must have told someone else, who then spilled the beans. Everyone thought that the was stupid and childish, as he had feared. But it was not for reading a "child's" book series, but rather for hiding that he was reading the books out of fear of what others thought. And I think the same for all of you "macho" guys criticizing others' form of entertainment. I'm sure you don't like it when people criticize you for playing games. I know plenty of old people who think that a man who plays a videogame is childish and irresponsible. But what is really irresponsible is foolish opinions like either of these.

And on topic, I hate it when people spoil anything for me, whether it be books, movies, videogames or even "Smackdown!". If I wanted to find out the end, or any plot point for that matter, I am just as capable and probably even moreso capable of finding out such information than the twits who derive some sort of sadist pleasure out of ruining wholesome enjoyment for others.

(And yes, I have myself complained about spoilers in the wrestling thread. Not thatthey are there, but that people will post important things without a warning.)

[quote name='Nogib']You forget to point out the biggest spoiler of all to people: They are getting their undies in a bunch over a book written FOR TEN YEAR OLDS! I don't know what is wrong with the world, but I stopped reading children's books when I was no longer a child. fuck all the Harry Potter fans.[/QUOTE]

But playing Donkey Kong Country, Mario, and Pokemon is still fine...right?

This is like people hating the gamecube because of all the "kiddy" geared games it has on its system. Do you stop playing E or T rated games just because the rating label gives the misconception that the game is geared towards children? You're not a child anymore but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy everything a child does. Heck all of us on this site play video games, which is often associated with as something kids do.

Heck, some teachers gave "Oh, the places you will go" by Dr. Seuss as a graduation gift at my high school. It's a simple book with pictures, but still people can take something from it.

To sum it all up, you're not too old for anything.

[quote name='The VGM']lol someone should goto a big bookstore line outside on launch day and be like everyone, may I have your attention. And when they are quiet yell ou tht spoiler. That would be hilarious.[/QUOTE]

I doubt you will leave that line in one piece. HP diehards are probably more psychotic than us Nintendo fans.

[quote name='whoknows']Aeris Dies!?!?!?!

You ruined it for me ;)[/QUOTE]

ummm... thanks a lot jerks. jk

Actually, that was spoiled for me back when the game was released. So I didn't play it. Five or six years passed and I had forgotten that it had been spoiled. My friend was telling me about having just played through it again. He was done, so I asked if I could play through it. As I was getting ready to play, the one partof the entire game that he starts talking about was that. I could have killed him. Twice. Anyway, I still have not played it today...:cry:

[quote name='jesta2817']But playing Donkey Kong Country, Mario, and Pokemon is still fine...right?

This is like people hating the gamecube because of all the "kiddy" geared games it has on its system. Do you stop playing E or T rated games just because the rating label gives the misconception that the game is geared towards children? You're not a child anymore but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy everything a child does. Heck all of us on this site play video games, which is often associated with as something kids do.

Heck, some teachers gave "Oh, the places you will go" by Dr. Seuss as a graduation gift at my high school. It's a simple book with pictures, but still people can take something from it.

To sum it all up, you're not too old for anything.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why the American Dream has been lost. America no longer is capable of dreaming. But that is another discussion (and thread) completely...;)

well...i don't think I know anyone over the age of 12 who can make sense of anime kids shows like Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon...but I hear Harry Potter is pretty good. too late for me to start reading it now ;-)

[quote name='vienge']They killed him because he was black...if he happened to be a zombie then all the better.[/QUOTE]

I thought at the time that that may have been the reason, do you seriously think it was? I just figured, naw... it had to be because they figured he was a Zombie, but I suppose black & white films were racial in more than just name.

[quote name='MorPhiendI would dare say that 90% of you who are complaining about adults liking Harry Potter have either not picked up a book since you got out of school or have not read Harry Potter.[/QUOTE']

I used to read all the time. I also read Harry Potter 1-3 and almost finished 4. They suck.

I have a top secret spoiler for the final Harry Potter book! Read on if you dare:

Harry and Voldemort face off and end up fighting in a series of battles all around the world, ending with a final clash at Madison Square Garden. They are in a ring surrounded by a force field so that no other witches/wizards can interfere. Good and evil wizards/witches gather to see the battle. Harry is killed by Voldemort. Voldemort removes the force field and plans to destroy all the good wizards/witches when suddenly...

You can hear "Real American" by Rick Derringer playing on the sound system. Hulk Hogan appears and runs into the ring. Voldemort puts the force field back up and they stare down. Hogan rips off his shirt and throws his magic wand to the ground. The two battle with fists for a while until Voldemort knocks Hogan to the ground with a powerful spell. Hogan seems to be out. Voldemort then places a death curse on Hogan, but Hogan gets to his knees and shakes his body violently! Voldemort hits another curse; Hogan shakes his head and stomps around the ring! Another curse! Hogan feels nothing, turns around and points at Voldemort. At that time, the whole arena goes "OOOOH!"

Hogan delivers 3 punches and then kicks Voldemort in the face to knock him down. Then, Hogan chants something, sticks the magic wand up his butt, and delivers a mighty legdrop, turning Voldemort into dust! The force field is lifted, and "Real American" plays again. Good and evil are united into one harmonious force, and Hogan is in the ring celebrating. He poses for 8 hours, and then leaves the ring saying that his battles are over, and that is the last one he will fight... or is it? :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I have a top secret spoiler for the final Harry Potter book! Read on if you dare:

Harry and Voldemort face off and end up fighting in a series of battles all around the world, ending with a final clash at Madison Square Garden. They are in a ring surrounded by a force field so that no other witches/wizards can interfere. Good and evil wizards/witches gather to see the battle. Harry is killed by Voldemort. Voldemort removes the force field and plans to destroy all the good wizards/witches when suddenly...

You can hear "Real American" by Rick Derringer playing on the sound system. Hulk Hogan appears and runs into the ring. Voldemort puts the force field back up and they stare down. Hogan rips off his shirt and throws his magic wand to the ground. The two battle with fists for a while until Voldemort knocks Hogan to the ground with a powerful spell. Hogan seems to be out. Voldemort then places a death curse on Hogan, but Hogan gets to his knees and shakes his body violently! Voldemort hits another curse; Hogan shakes his head and stomps around the ring! Another curse! Hogan feels nothing, turns around and points at Voldemort. At that time, the whole arena goes "OOOOH!"

Hogan delivers 3 punches and then kicks Voldemort in the face to knock him down. Then, Hogan chants something, sticks the magic wand up his butt, and delivers a mighty legdrop, turning Voldemort into dust! The force field is lifted, and "Real American" plays again. Good and evil are united into one harmonious force, and Hogan is in the ring celebrating. He poses for 8 hours, and then leaves the ring saying that his battles are over, and that is the last one he will fight... or is it? :)[/QUOTE]

Now its time for me to start reading Harry Potter if its that good!!

[quote name='jesta2817']But playing Donkey Kong Country, Mario, and Pokemon is still fine...right?

To sum it all up, you're not too old for anything.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I thought at the time that that may have been the reason, do you seriously think it was? I just figured, naw... it had to be because they figured he was a Zombie, but I suppose black & white films were racial in more than just name.[/QUOTE]
He wasn't killed because he was black, that town was the epicenter and they assumed everything was a zombie, so they shot everything.

[quote name='Quackzilla']He wasn't killed because he was black, that town was the epicenter and they assumed everything was a zombie, so they shot everything.[/QUOTE]

That's what the police report said, anyway.

I am going to spam that picture to everyone on my addressbook as well as all the forums that I go to.

[quote name='khc']I am going to spam that picture to everyone on my addressbook as well as all the forums that I go to.[/QUOTE]
A serial asshole, that's a new one. :roll:

Yea, Like who cares??

Who cares if Bruce Willis is actually a dead person and the kid who sees dead people knows it in "Sixth Sence".

Or if the Aliens in "Signs" were all killed by water??

What about in "The Village"? Where you found out that it was present time at the end?

Or remember, "Unbreakable"?? Where Samuel L Jackson was the guy who blew up the trains all along?

Man, that was good when you saw that the first time... hoo boy.

[quote name='Quackzilla']He wasn't killed because he was black, that town was the epicenter and they assumed everything was a zombie, so they shot everything.[/QUOTE]

No, it was because he was black. Of course, it wasn't based solely on the fact that he was black, but his color had a lot to do with it. I believe that was the theme of that movie, if I'm not mistaken, it goes:

Night of the Living Dead: Race
Dawn of the Dead: Society of Consumerism
Day of the dead: (I forget, need to rent it again)
Land of the Dead: Class Struggle.

Remember:

Romero: Social Commentary.

Would they have shot so quickly if Barbara had survived?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Yea, Like who cares??

Who cares if Bruce Willis is actually a dead person and the kid who sees dead people knows it in "Sixth Sence".

What about in "The Village"? Where you found out that it was present time at the end?

Or remember, "Unbreakable"?? Where Samuel L Jackson was the guy who blew up the trains all along?

Man, that was good when you saw that the first time... hoo boy.[/QUOTE]

M. Night Shamallamadingdong is an overrated egotistic turd.

[quote name='Quackzilla']A serial asshole, that's a new one. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic, guess i wasn't obvious enough.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Yea, Like who cares??

Man, that was good when you saw that the first time... hoo boy.[/QUOTE]

You forgot that they're actually the same person in Fight Club and Vader was Luke's father in Star Wars.

While spoilers may not completely ruin a movie/book/game for me, they do make it a lot less enjoyable. The surprise in plot-twists is half of what makes them fun.

Also, I never used Aeris in battle since I knew she was just going to go and die on me anyways. :(

[quote name='RacinReaver']You forgot that they're actually the same person in Fight Club and Vader was Luke's father in Star Wars.

While spoilers may not completely ruin a movie/book/game for me, they do make it a lot less enjoyable. The surprise in plot-twists is half of what makes them fun.

Also, I never used Aeris in battle since I knew she was just going to go and die on me anyways. :([/QUOTE]

That is true, I mean... the fact you didnt use Aeris means you never really got the personal attachment of leveling her up and knowing that you'd get cloud to fall in love with her, then all of a sudden.... Bam! Shes out.

Ah well anyways, I really though Tifa was the hot pussy anyways.

[quote name='jmcc']Apply the principle to games and see if you think the same way. If someone had come out before FF7 came out and spammed boards saying that Aeris died, or before KOTOR was released and told you the main character was actually Revan, there'd be much bitching about it. And a book doesn't even have gameplay to fall back on. It's just plot. Once that's given away, there's not much point.[/QUOTE]

Wait! My character is actually revan? fuck! How about a goddamn spoiler warning?

Also, I've never played ff7, and now I never can.

[quote name='fanskad']Wait! My character is actually revan? fuck! How about a goddamn spoiler warning?

Also, I've never played ff7, and now I never can.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you've played the game very long or not, but you can figure out that he's Revan about an hour after you get off the first planet. It's pretty obvious, actually.

[quote name='fanskad']Also, I've never played ff7, and now I never can.[/QUOTE]

So I should post my paypal account so you can send me money for this service?

lol you guys are making a big deal about the Aeris shit. She was a retarded character anyway and I knew that it happened long before I played the game, it doesn''t make it any less enjoyable.

If we're allowed to play Zelda and Mario, other people are allowed to enjoy Harry Potter the way it was meant to be. So please be respectful to other people's hobbies. Some of you on this thread are acting like 10 yr olds yourself.

Man, I accidentally read a spoiler for the new Harry Potter (it was one of those annoying ymttd.com or whatever the hell it is). I think I'd be more pissed normally, but I just completed Stephen King's Dark Tower yesterday, so I'm feeling very content in my leisure reading right now.

And I was completely, totally right about the ending of the Dark Tower from approximately book 3/4 on.

THE BOAT SINKS!

HA HA!

HE'S REALLY DARTH VADER!

HA HA!

Seriously though, when a new product (comic/movie/book/show) comes out, and the questions are answered before you have the chance to look at it yourself, it does take away some of the experience. As the comic book guy, ive got customers who come in and bitch that the comic they just read didnt surprise them...because they read all the spoilers on the Internet. DUMBASSES!

[quote name='The VGM']I used to read all the time. I also read Harry Potter 1-3 and almost finished 4. They suck.[/QUOTE]

You must be part of the 1337 10%.;)

yeah, 1-3, half way through 4. I guess i enjoyed them when I read them, but now that i look back they didnt seem so groundbreaking or wonderful.

One thing that stopped me was how much of a sell out JKRowling and her book has become. I believe the director of the first movie said it best: "The most wonderful thing about the books is how anyone can pick it up and read it. J K Rowling has revived reading for a generation." Of course, that means they have to go make a movie about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162562,00.html

Just a news story discussing the exact opposite of what people in here have cried about (even though it shouldn't affect them, since they don't read the books). Everyone who has read the books know that they getincreasingly "adult" as the series goes on. And it mentions how Rowling's original intentions were for Harry and his adventures to grow up. And we have seen exactly that happen. Just thought that I'd share...

[quote name='SpottedNigel']THE BOAT SINKS!

HA HA!

HE'S REALLY DARTH VADER!

HA HA!

Seriously though, when a new product (comic/movie/book/show) comes out, and the questions are answered before you have the chance to look at it yourself, it does take away some of the experience. As the comic book guy, ive got customers who come in and bitch that the comic they just read didnt surprise them...because they read all the spoilers on the Internet. DUMBASSES![/QUOTE]

HE KILLS HER AT THE END

how's that for a recent spoiler.. too bad I won't say what it's from. I remember when the NIN album leaked, I went to his site to read his comments and he spoiled that for me.. so now i'm spoiling everyone else.. except.. I didn't put what it's a spoiler to.

[quote name='Scorch']HE KILLS HER AT THE END

how's that for a recent spoiler.. too bad I won't say what it's from. I remember when the NIN album leaked, I went to his site to read his comments and he spoiled that for me.. so now i'm spoiling everyone else.. except.. I didn't put what it's a spoiler to.[/QUOTE]

It's Matt Hardy and Lita. Hopefully.

[quote name='MorPhiend']It's Matt Hardy and Lita. Hopefully.[/QUOTE]

It is. It was posted on Matt's website, and it crashed. So that's why it's down... :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']It is. It was posted on Matt's website, and it crashed. So that's why it's down... :)[/QUOTE]

I see we've decided to move the wrestling topic over here then, well this should be fairly interesting.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I see we've decided to move the wrestling topic over here then, well this should be fairly interesting.[/QUOTE]

OK, then we'll move the wrasslin' topic back to the other one.

bread's done
Back