WARNING: Overstock.com Selling Counterfeit Pro Duo Memory Sticks

pd4ever

CAGiversary!
I just recieved my 2gb Sony High Speed Pro Duo Memory Stick from Overstock.com, and it is definetly a fake. (Capacity is 1959 instead of 1909 and is slow compared to my regular 512 mb Sandisk even tho its supposed to be High Speed)

I am so pissed right now becuase I avoided Ebay so I wouldnt get a fake. Overstock has a rediculous return policy (pay for return shipping and 15% restocking) but I am definelty not keeping this or paying those fees. I am going to call them tommorow becuase I'm studying for a midterm today, and if they wont take it back I'm calling my credit card company to dispute the charge.

The worst part of it is they had to have known it was a fake. They card came packaged (glued together fake packaging with foreign lettering), but the most obvious part is the memory stick adapter was just thrown into the envelope along with the packing slip and wasnt in any type of packaging.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I've never had problems with overstock.com before but I'll definetly not be ordering from them again.

I bought a Palm Foldable Keyboard from them years ago. It was refurb., but the condition was more like "poor". Some of the keys stuck and one of the bumpers on the bottom of the board, you know, the little rubber things that hold stuff in place and level, was missing. I called and they said that since it was refurb., it was too bad.

I have heard and read many horror stories about Overstock.com and their shoddy merchandise. And the way that they package things for shipping, which arrives damaged quite often. I only ordered from them once and they had the order cancelled on me claiming it was OOS after it was already paid for. I had to go round and round with their illiterate customer service reps only to get a store credit to buy more of their junk. NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything from them!

:bomb: :bomb:

Dispute, dispute, dispute with your credit card. If your credit card company asks what the hell you are talking about, send them a few links to pages explaining it. I'm sure they would be interested to know a major retailer is selling what is basically counterfeit material.

[quote name='pd4ever']Overstock has a rediculous return policy (pay for return shipping and 15% restocking) but I am definelty not keeping this or paying those fees.[/QUOTE]

I had this problem with them about returning an item that they sent me the wrong one. We kept emailing back and forth over a few months, and one day, they just stopped emailing me back, or responding to my emails. I never got refunded the shipping like they said they would.
Moral of the story: I dont care if they're selling Disgaea for $1, I will never order from them ever again.

I bought an iPod from them a couple years back and received what was obviously a reconditioned one. It doesn't work, and they wouldn't take it back, even though I bought the warranty. It was then I decided I would never go near their site again.

[quote name='gofishn']Got my 360 for ~$340 shipped. No problems here.[/quote]

[quote name='Purkeynator']I got my DS Lite from them for like $117 and a PSP for around $170. Didn't have a problem.[/quote]

Well duh, kind of hard to pass a fake of those....

Yeah, I'll post some pics tommorow afternoon. I have a midterm at 9am that I'm studying for right now.

Probably worth reporting to Sony about them selling counterfeit/fake Sony products.

Also, instead of dealing with them, dispute it with your credit card company. Tell your CC that they sent you a fake product and refuse to take it back for a full refund.

report them anyway you can if everyone does that they have no choice but to shape up there act.
They only get by with it because to many people throw fits then figure eh im screwed I cant do anything .

Whose willing to join me and send them a whole bunch of hate MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or something like that)

PS Can overstock.com get sued 4 selling conterfiet things

Well my pic taking skills are horrible, these were the only two shots that were not blurry or messed up cuase of the flash.

It doesn't look fake to me...did you check the hologram? I thought the capacity is suppose to be at 1959/1960 mb for the 2gb. :whistle2:s

I've ordered from them three times, never had any trouble. Two times it was anime sets ("Then and There, Here and Now" and "Giant Robo: Economy Pack") and one PS1 game (Xenogears, already owned it, but I love this game).

I feel bad for you guys that got shafted though. That sucks. >_

Capacity of the fakes is 1959 and 1949 mb. Mine is 1959 mb. The real sticks are supposed to be 1909. On the guides that tell whether it is fake or not they say the holograms are easily recreated. The model info and stuff of the back of the card is supposed to be laser etched on instead of printed. I looked at the back of my 32 mb card that came in the value pack of my psp to compare and this card definetly just has that info printed instead of laser engraved. This card is def a fake unless Sony changed their manufacturing processes to be exactly like the counterfeit cards or those guides are B.S.

Yep those are fake beacause it says 'Exclusively (sp) used in device for "memory stick pro" and ON the memory stick it says Memory Stick Pro DUO

Edit: And the packaging looks like SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That could fool alot of people, thats probably why no one has complained about it yet. Hope everything goes well for you and you fight it all the way.

Er... why should he have to pay for their mistake/fraudulent offerings? I could see a restocking fee if he had buyer's remorse, but making the customer pay for your company's incompetence is pathetic.

bread's done
Back