WARNING TO all Cags about CC

LouTenit Dan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I bought some Ms points from them and the codes DID NOT WORK...It said retailer needed to activate the card but i remember watching the lady swipe em.....I got a refund but the lady @ the register told me that they lost the license to sell MS points among other things like ITUNE pre-paid cards etc... So if your local CC has em DONT buy em..(good thing it wasn't the last dayz of them being open or i woulda been SOL)

I think this is a great warning if true. It would apply to the cards not in the plastic the ones that are just on display. But since most CC aren't taking refunds it a huge thing to be aware of. I was looking to pick some up at 30% off but not worth the risk with this warning

It only applies to ones that look this, right?:

cardql2.jpg

I think that's the real problem cheadyp. I bought a Wii points card that came in the other type of packaging (wasteful plastic shell), and had no issues. I also bought points from another CAG, who I'm sure bought them from CC (again, they were in the other packaging). So, if you see these (as pictured above) DO NOT buy them.

Yet MS honors cards that have expired.. Strange. And wow guys, this is important enough to be in the deals forum. It's not going to be seen anywhere else.

[quote name='albino_hippo']Yet MS honors cards that have expired.. Strange. And wow guys, this is important enough to be in the deals forum. It's not going to be seen anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Definitely important to keep here, or somewhere else as prominent.

Had anyone else had luck getting any cards bought from CC to work? If not, this should probably be posted on the main page. Just wondering if it's just that CC or if it's all CCs.

That was the only thing i was looking forward to buying at the liquidation and it won't even work.. :(

but thanks for the heads up OP!

I appreciate the "thought that counts" in this post, so please stop badgering him. We all know the only place to reach the majority of CAGs is in this thread, even if it's the wrong one.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']What A Deal!![/QUOTE]

It actually is a great deal. Saves a lot of people a lot of hassle by knowing this.

[quote name='Josef']Well there is the whole Circuit City liquidation thread that this would have been perfect in...[/quote]

True, but it would just get lost in the shuffle, and not really get the attention that it needs

[quote name='Josef']Well there is the whole Circuit City liquidation thread that this would have been perfect in...[/quote]

So it could get lost in the hundreds of posts of "wahhhh my Circuit City is almost empty. It's only 10% off. Nothing good left."?

Posting it here gets the message across loud and clear.

Thanks for the heads up OP. If this is not YMMV, then we should put this on the front page. I wonder if this effects Wii Points as well?

Damn, thanks OP. I would most definitely have bought PSN cards and sat on them for a few weeks at which point I'd be pissed beyond hell.

Yes!

I bought Sony cards for myself and MS cards for friends and none of them work. They were all loose, no plastic cases. I'm waiting for both MS and Sony to call me back.

The Ones In The Plastic Case Do Work!!!!!! Cuz They Dont Have To Be Activated At Register. My Cc Pulled All Of Them Except Wii Points Cards And 1600 Ms Points In Plastic Cases. Ps Network Cards Also Have To Be Activated At Register

The ones in the plastic work, at least the four I bought did. Purchased four yesterday at 30% off but I did not enter them until after I read this thread.

Seriously? People need to come in and threadcrap when a CAG is going out of their way to point out a problem with a deal that has been highly circulated on this forum?

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

We need confirmation that they lost their license to sell the cards. As soon as I get something, I'm literally going to scream at the manager who won't refund me and swears up and down she activated the cards.

Yeah, props to the OP for letting us know. Some people just have nothing better to do than threadcrap and rag on the OP for doing a good job. Idjits.

No way, that thing is a complete mess.

Thank you OP and everyone else who took time to explain which cards are good and which are bad. This thread possibly save me some time and a lot of trouble.

[quote name='Akira119']Hey, thanks OP. I most likely wouldn't have seen this warning if it was posted anywhere else.[/quote]

+1

Perhaps you should edit the title to say warning regarding point cards at circuit city...otherwise you chose a very wise place to put this. Thanks for the information.

[quote name='drktrpr1']In for 10. Thanks for the heads up![/quote]

Thx for your contribution! Now go away.

Thx for the heads up OP, this is a big enough warning to validate being placed in this forum IMO.

[quote name='ranmasama']What are all the different looks to the MS points card? I'm not sure what I'm looking for.[/quote]

The ones in plastic are in a plastic shell. The loose ones aren't in plastic. It's sort of self explanatory.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Yeah, real smart to move it to a forum where almost no one will read it. That made sense.[/QUOTE]

maybe people should start looking at other parts of this forum instead of just deal

[quote name='62t']maybe people should start looking at other parts of this forum instead of just deal[/quote]

Yeah real, the Deals forum states "Only post if it involves a specific deal" not "Post if there is a problem"

It's not hard to read, if you're too lazy to browse other of the CAG forums, then maybe you deserve not to see this.

Even though this isnt a deal, it is going to save people money, as the points cards will not work and most likely cannot be returned. And most people come to this forum AFTER they go shopping, so this wont help most people now that its in the bragging rights forum.

bread's done
Back