WARNING TO all Cags about CC

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yeah real, the Deals forum states "Only post if it involves a specific deal" not "Post if there is a problem"

It's not hard to read, if you're too lazy to browse other of the CAG forums, then maybe you deserve not to see this.[/quote]

Does this not "involve a specific deal"?

In case you are wondering - it does involve a specific deal.

[quote name='megma42']Does this not "involve a specific deal"?

In case you are wondering - it does involve a specific deal.[/quote]

There is no deal in question.

A deal is "Bioshock for the PS3 $20 at Best Buy" or "20% off used games at Gamestop" not "X-Box Live points cards may or may not work at Circuit City" That is the kind of discussion that goes here.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']There is no deal in question.

A deal is "Bioshock for the PS3 $20 at Best Buy" or "20% off used games at Gamestop" not "X-Box Live points cards may or may not work at Circuit City" That is the kind of discussion that goes here.[/QUOTE]

Get off of it.

I just tried one of the 800 point 360 points cards and it does not work. I -tried- to get support from the Microsoft 1-800 and could not find anyone that could help - and they finally ended up disconnecting me.

Well if this isnt worthy of being posted in the deals forum (which is where I believe it should be posted) then it should be posted on the front page as it is BIG news and will affect a lot of CAG's.

[quote name='62t']maybe people should start looking at other parts of this forum instead of just deal[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe so. Doesn't mean it is going to happen. The number of posts/views of the main forum show that it isn't going to change.

This thread had the opportunity to save a lot of CAG's money. What better deal is there than not getting ripped off?

[quote name='chuckywang']Who would buy points not in the plastic casing anyways? There is no discount for cards that need to be swiped to be activated.[/quote]

Ummm... 30% off is a discount.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Yeah, maybe so. Doesn't mean it is going to happen. The number of posts/views of the main forum show that it isn't going to change.

This thread had the opportunity to save a lot of CAG's money. What better deal is there than not getting ripped off?[/quote]

QFT

I think SOME people on this thread, who have the "free time" to read all the other forums here, need to take the stick out and just walk away.

Big THANK YOU to the OP for this post. I was about to go make a CC run today to see if I could get some of these cards and now I have warning that I would not have had. My social life limits the number of forums I can read, so this one is the only one I tend to go to here.

[quote name='n10zguy']QFT

I think SOME people on this thread, who have the "free time" to read all the other forums here, need to take the stick out and just walk away.

Big THANK YOU to the OP for this post. I was about to go make a CC run today to see if I could get some of these cards and now I have warning that I would not have had. My social life limits the number of forums I can read, so this one is the only one I tend to go to here.[/quote]

Your "social life" prevents you from taking 10 seconds from looking at topics in a forum, yet allows you to drive to a store to buy video games?

That argument is pretty moronic.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Your "social life" prevents you from taking 10 seconds from looking at topics in a forum, yet allows you to drive to a store to buy video games?

That argument is pretty moronic.[/quote]

When people are in a hurry to get somewhere they dont have all the time in the world to be checking all of the Forums. I am sure a lot of people check the CC thread before heading out to see if they have what they are looking for. Why should it then be expected for those people to look in every other Forum just to make sure the deal they just read about is legit.

You have no idea what this other user has planned so maybe you should keep your rude comments to yourself.

[quote name='killmak']When people are in a hurry to get somewhere they dont have all the time in the world to be checking all of the Forums. I am sure a lot of people check the CC thread before heading out to see if they have what they are looking for. Why should it then be expected for those people to look in every other Forum just to make sure the deal they just read about is legit.

You have no idea what this other user has planned so maybe you should keep your rude comments to yourself.[/quote]

Maybe he got burned on some cards and wants others to enjoy his pain.

I for one am thankful to the OP, my CC has a bunch of these cards in and I was going to pick a few up today. This really should be more visible for a day or so, I am sure it will help some members out here.

The best place for this warning is the CC thread... if it had a wikiposts feature. Maybe the OP of the CC thread or a mod can edit this warning into the first post and/or title? Seems serious enough...

fortunately my CC does not sell the point cards without the plastic shell. I just bought some and they worked but I will avoid these if I come across them.

Hey amateur forum police, get a life. Of course this belongs in this forum since the deal came from this forum. I don't trust any of that stuff they have to activate at the register, but coming from a bankrupt company this is very important to know.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']The best place for this warning is the CC thread... if it had a wikiposts feature. Maybe the OP of the CC thread or a mod can edit this warning into the first post and/or title? Seems serious enough...[/quote]

This. Thanks OP for the heads-up. Points cards are about the only thing I'm interested in from CC at the moment.

@ KingofOldSchool: You're correct, this thread is indeed in the wrong forum.

How this should be explained to the OP:
[quote name='Squarehard']Good heads up, just post it in the right section next time ~_~[/quote]

And how this shouldn't be explained to the OP:
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']What A Deal!![/quote]

But maybe that's just me... :shame:

This was one of the very few items I wanted from the liquidation sale, and my CC only has the 800 point swipe cards left, so I know to avoid them.

Thanks OP!

As far as the "this is in the wrong thread" talk goes, how about we get a MOD in here or CheapyD himself (who has already posted in here) to decide where this goes. Until then, just accept the heads up and thank the OP.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Your "social life" prevents you from taking 10 seconds from looking at topics in a forum, yet allows you to drive to a store to buy video games?

First of all... there is no such thing as "taking 10 seconds" to look at forum, so that little snide remark earns you the "moronic arguement" here.

Secondly.... yes... my social life gives me the time to play video games from time to time which means I have to go somewhere to get them. And I chose to use that time wisely. Scouring every single topic in every single forum on here (as you seem to have AMPLE time to do) does not factor into that equation.

kthxbai!

You know what.. Circuit City can go fuck themselves if they're gonna be the type of company that would sell a product they know full well is completely defective. Thanks OP, I was actually planning on picking some up. fuck CC, I'm glad they're gone.

I think KingOfOldSchool is upset for missing out on the D-Bag of the year nom. Settle it down, The OP had the right to warn us all about the non clamshell version of the cards. We've already seen it happen (read the CC thread).

Sit back, relax, and look for the next "newbie" to spread your CAG cheer to.

[quote name='ryoga79']This was one of the very few items I wanted from the liquidation sale, and my CC only has the 800 point swipe cards left, so I know to avoid them.

Thanks OP!

As far as the "this is in the wrong thread" talk goes, how about we get a MOD in here or CheapyD himself (who has already posted in here) to decide where this goes. Until then, just accept the heads up and thank the OP.[/QUOTE]

I think you are being confused by the imposter, Cheadyp :D (Post #5)

Does the same thing go for the Playstation Network cards? Hopefully they are still able to activate these ones? Let me know, my sister wants to pick one up if they are working.

Actually they told me cards they had to swipe would never go on sale anyway even if you wanted it 30% off there was no way to override it.

That's like the people who do 'Paypal only' transactions and had a problem with running out for a money order or sending cold, hard CASH to me for a deal in the past.

I figure, if I'm going to be sending out something via the mail or whatever, I want to be paid in the form of payment I want to be paid in.

I had at least a half dozen people cancel deals with me because they 'had no time' to run out to get a MO or do concealed cash.

I know it's more of a hassle, but it's what I prefer. But the sheer volume of folks who say they 'have no time' on here just astounds me at times.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's like the people who do 'Paypal only' transactions and had a problem with running out for a money order or sending cold, hard CASH to me for a deal in the past.

I figure, if I'm going to be sending out something via the mail or whatever, I want to be paid in the form of payment I want to be paid in.

I had at least a half dozen people cancel deals with me because they 'had no time' to run out to get a MO or do concealed cash.

I know it's more of a hassle, but it's what I prefer. But the sheer volume of folks who say they 'have no time' on here just astounds me at times.[/quote]

Personally, I'd rather sit on my ass and get cash back through my credit card than go to the store and end up paying more for a money order. And I usually don't send cash in the mail.

bread's done
Back