Warning to Everyone Camping out that Hasn't Left!

Every 360 within 30 miles of Louisville, KY is already accounted for via sitters or campers...AMAZING!

Man I really missed the boat on this one...

there has only been one person waiting out front at the TRU I work at. he's been there since 4:30pm.

even though I am getting one tomorrow (I bought a pre-sale), I'm not looking forward to answering 20 billion calls about the Xbox 360 and when we will be getting more in stock. oh well.

[quote name='Bezerker']Even the Sams club's are filling up. Just got back from Sams & there were 8 ppl waiting on line already, they are getting 24 systems, so if i camp out now i could get one, but i really dont feel like sitting out in the cold for 11 hours. Ill go by around 4-5am and see how many ppl are there.[/QUOTE]

lol waiting in the cold in tampa, fl....

I dont' think the people (Frresno, CA) where I live are going nuts over it. I've driven by BestBuy, and 2 Targets, CompUSA, and there were no lines there as of about 3 pm this afternoon. I'm getting mine @ CostCo, and they don't open til 10am for Business members (which I am). I'm heading over there around 5 or 6am so I should be good to go. The manager Walmart called me earlier today, and said they had 20 premiums and they would be open @ 7am Tues morn.

[quote name='DKN']I went to 2 walmarts and no one was waiting in line.[/QUOTE]
Did you check inside by lawaway? Thats where they are organizing the lines.

[quote name='CrackinBacks']I dont' think the people (Frresno, CA) where I live are going nuts over it. I've driven by BestBuy, and 2 Targets, CompUSA, and there were no lines there as of about 3 pm this afternoon. I'm getting mine @ CostCo, and they don't open til 10am for Business members (which I am). I'm heading over there around 5 or 6am so I should be good to go. The manager Walmart called me earlier today, and said they had 20 premiums and they would be open @ 7am Tues morn.[/QUOTE]
Which CostCo you going to? The Walmart in the 93711 zip code had a line at 2PM and they only had 4 premiums. I'm thinking about heading to Bestbuy at 3AM.

Damnit, I just called my walmart in arlington tx and they said they are only getting 24 of them as well. The lady said its sold out, because there's a line, so i'm guessing its not been sold out yet but maybe more than 24 people are already there waiting.

[quote name='mmn']Not that easy for some of us, champ.

I live in Vegas. The closest "small town" to me that actually had a Best Buy and a Walmart would be 3-4 hours away.[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that you would rather camp out in front of a bestbuy for 72+ hours, instead of driving 3-4 hours away and waiting maybe 8-12 hours at a small town Wal-Mart? I don't know how the weather is in Vegas, but if it is cold or raining, I'd take the four hour drive and then wait inside the building.

I went by walmart and there were definately more people than xboxes, this has discouraged me, I want to go to BB but im not sure what time to try, I dont know what the situation is there, but there is also CC and Target and another walmart all in a few mile radius.

If only I had enough money, I'd go to my town's only store, a fucking K Mart, and go in when I get off of work and pick one up.

Oh well, I'll just sit back and wait until some time early next year, when I can actually afford to get a system. Bills are much too important right now.

[quote name='zewone']Did you check inside by lawaway? Thats where they are organizing the lines.[/QUOTE]
No, I didn't know about that. Hopefully it will be like the DS midnight launch were barely anyone showed up for it. I even got my DS before the people who had it pre-ordered and were standing in line...If not I guess I'll hit Super Target in the morning.

[quote name='RawisJericho']So you are saying that you would rather camp out in front of a bestbuy for 72+ hours, instead of driving 3-4 hours away and waiting maybe 8-12 hours at a small town Wal-Mart? I don't know how the weather is in Vegas, but if it is cold or raining, I'd take the four hour drive and then wait inside the building.[/QUOTE]

No, obviously I wouldn't rather camp for 72+ hours, or else I'd be doing that right now.

I'm just saying I understand the mentality of it. Driving is a pain in the ass. Lugging a lounge chair somewhere and just sitting around for a while seems easier to me.

By the way, the weather here rules. :)

[quote name='Bezerker']Even the Sams club's are filling up. Just got back from Sams & there were 8 ppl waiting on line already, they are getting 24 systems, so if i camp out now i could get one, but i really dont feel like sitting out in the cold for 11 hours. Ill go by around 4-5am and see how many ppl are there.[/QUOTE]

Wonder how many of them have business memberships... The store opens 3 hours earlier (7 a.m.) for those that do. I'm hoping to get to mine at about 5 and be one of the first 20 in...

[quote name='mmn']No, obviously I wouldn't rather camp for 72+ hours, or else I'd be doing that right now.

I'm just saying I understand the mentality of it. Driving is a pain in the ass. Lugging a lounge chair somewhere and just sitting around for a while seems easier to me.

By the way, the weather here rules. :)[/QUOTE]

Reason I said those people were insane was because it is pretty cold here. I'm not that far away from Nashville, so I figured the weather was about the same there.

I understand camping out the night before, but three days in advance just seems silly to me.

WalMart in Oxnard is done already. At noon I went by and 5-6 people in line. Went back at 5 and found out they got a whole 6 premiums and 12 cores. I was last in line, but I'm not waiting 7+ hours for a friggin core!

I never thought so many ppl would camp out. Like that they would sell out 12 hours b/f the store opened. I knew a few would, but really, this is friggin nuts!

[quote name='zewone']Which CostCo you going to? The Walmart in the 93711 zip code had a line at 2PM and they only had 4 premiums. I'm thinking about heading to Bestbuy at 3AM.[/QUOTE]

If you goto BestBuy, you better go about 11pm or midnight. I was just in there, and there were 5-7 people talking to the worker in the game section. They had all their gear in their cars, and were waiting to start up the line. The worker said he know for sure they had 20 premiums, and I'm sure they have at least double that. As for Walmart, I'm not gonna touch them. I don't know if the 93704 zip code Walmart had a line or not, but they had 20 premiums, and don't know how many cores. I'm gonna do a drive by around 830 when CostCo closes and see. Keep in mind. There is a BestBuy, Target and CompUSA all next to each other in River Park, so if BestBuy fills up, you have 2 other options. If you go out there, you'll see me drive by in my green Tahoe. I have a drop down in it, so I might just park in the lot, and watch a movie or 2 while I wait for the store to open. I also have my chair, GameBoy Adv, and Magazines ready to go.

Alright I called some of my friends chilling at bestbuy waiting for the console, they said there are 40 people there and the store doesn't open until tomorrow at 9.

well now no one wants to go with me and i dont care that much to go alone, so looks like i wont be getting one at launch, the lines and stuff are definately more than i had anticipated too.

There was about 20 people at one of the Target's here in Lansing, MI as of 9PM when I went for a couple of errands. I was pretty suprised. It's a crappy day out here in MI to do that, too. It's raining/snowing.

Yeah I rolled by the Target and Best Buy in Brandon and the Best Buy was packed. There were already 20 or so at the Target. I figure I will roll by the other Targets in the area and check Sam's Club to see what the story is. I have no real plans on waiting in line for one but if it gets close and there looks like a possibility I may try.

I checked out the best buy and target around peabody and danvers and for some reason I saw a couple of people at the best buy at the square one mall but the best buy at the liberty tree mall was empty maybe two people at the most and the target right next door was pretty much empty also.

I got to my Walmart around 3:30 p.m. and was first in line. I already won one from every10minutes, but my wife's friend son was promised a 360 on his birthday and since she is bed ridden I offered to help out an sit in line for 8+ hours. Congrats to you all and for ones who didn't wait tonight or plan on waiting in the morning you always have Friday at CC.

[quote name='neudog']I got to my Walmart around 3:30 p.m. and was first in line. I already won one from every10minutes, but my wife's friend son was promised a 360 on his birthday and since she is bed ridden I offered to help out an sit in line for 8+ hours. Congrats to you all and for ones who didn't wait tonight or plan on waiting in the morning you always have Friday at CC.[/QUOTE]

Man thats awesome, that was so cool of you.

[quote name='Draccius']There was about 20 people at one of the Target's here in Lansing, MI as of 9PM when I went for a couple of errands. I was pretty suprised. It's a crappy day out here in MI to do that, too. It's raining/snowing.[/QUOTE]

What target?

Surprisingly the target on West side across from Best Buy had only 5 people in it at 9 pm last night...

The other couple targets had like 20

l got to BestBuy at 8:15PM last night and was 36th in line at my local BestBuy in Jax on Southside and snagged the last premium system. The also had 11 Core Systems as well which was a little off from the allocation #'s (42 Premium & 12 Core) released earlier.

I'm happy because I got one, but I would have been pissed if I would have waited 12 hours and came home empty handed.

[quote name='mick16']I would have been pissed if I would have waited 12 hours and came home empty handed.[/QUOTE]

Like the folks at the local Target, who waited all night to discover there were only 4 pre. and 12 cores available.

so no one would go with me, and then my sister calls me from LA at 530 in the morning (went to bed at 330, have school at 9 til most the day) and tells me how she is in line with her friends mom and their getting xboxes at frys, that makes me sad. though she just called me and said that they ran out of premium and got tickets for cores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick16
I would have been pissed if I would have waited 12 hours and came home empty handed.

Like the folks at the local Target, who waited all night to discover there were only 4 pre. and 12 cores available.

or like me waiting 8 hours at Sears to find out they didn't get their shipment in....

lol I waited in line with people this morning to find out that the stores gave out the 360's last night. What a bad way to advertise. I was at the stores yesterday and they were advertising that they would be selling 360's when the stores opened today. Thank goodness some stores had the "sold out of 360s" sign before they opened up.

2 guys I work with got in line at 6pm EST yesterday and waited until 9 or 10 am this morning. They waited all night. It was very rainy here and wind gusts were quite high. So they stood in the cold, windy rain for 16 hours just to get an Xbox 360. No thanks, I don't want anything that much. Makes me wonder if I should call up Gamestop and see if they're taking reserves for PS3 yet.

[quote name='nsain']or like me waiting 8 hours at Sears to find out they didn't get their shipment in....[/QUOTE]

Wow thats gotta be the worst thing i heard. sorry to hear that man

I waited over 7 hours hours in line at Best Buy only to see a nice line turn into a huge angry mob when the store employees arrived at 7am to hand out tickets and then a list surfaced that was made on monday night before alot of people who signed up had then left and came back many MANY HOURS later and got to keep their spots on the list. Making it worse was 75% of the line that had been there all night knew NOTHING about it. Somehow a couple people at the very back of the line managed to get their name on it though and got to bypass all the people who had waited all night because the Best Buy people didn't give a shit they just went by the list. People were going mad! In addition to that a store employee had been telling all callers that evening that they had 100-150 systems and they ended up having 44 TOTAL systems.........:hot:

What a fucking joke! I was so pissed I didn't even stay to see Chad Johnson even though i'd bought a new jersey and had it with me for him to sign . :cry:

I'm done with this Best Buy, i'll never step foot inside this store again.....:bomb:

BTW this was a system for Ebay, Mt. Dew gave me my system so at least I got mine. All my friends with me got none......

[quote name='$hady']I waited over 7 hours hours in line at Best Buy only to see a nice line turn into a huge angry mob when the store employees arrived at 7am to hand out tickets and then a list surfaced that was made on monday night before alot of people who signed up had then left and came back many MANY HOURS later and got to keep their spots on the list. Making it worse was 75% of the line that had been there all night knew NOTHING about it. Somehow a couple people at the very back of the line managed to get their name on it though and got to bypass all the people who had waited all night because the Best Buy people didn't give a shit they just went by the list. People were going mad! In addition to that a store employee had been telling all callers that evening that they had 100-150 systems and they ended up having 44 TOTAL systems.........:hot:

What a fucking joke! I was so pissed I didn't even stay to see Chad Johnson even though i'd bought a new jersey and had it with me for him to sign . :cry:

I'm done with this Best Buy, i'll never step foot inside there again.....:bomb:

BTW this was a system for Ebay, Mt. Dew gave me my system so at least I got mine. All my friends with me got none......[/QUOTE]

So you're mad at Best Buy because you didn't get a 360 system to sell on ebay, then you left without even meeting Chad Johnson. Some fan you are. Don't be mad at Best Buy, you should blame yourself for being greedy. If you weren't greedy, you wouldn't have to wait 7 hours in line AND had the chance to meet Chad Johnson.

[quote name='gokou36']So you're mad at Best Buy because you didn't get a 360 system to sell on ebay, then you left without even meeting Chad Johnson. Some fan you are. Don't be mad at Best Buy, you should blame yourself for being greedy. If you weren't greedy, you wouldn't have to wait 7 hours in line AND had the chance to meet Chad Johnson.[/QUOTE]

I'm mad because the store lied to it's customers about the number of systems and then screwed up the launch by allowing everyone to sign a non Best Buy made list that most people didn't even know about and then half the people on the list left for many hours and go home and then come back and get to keep their spot and that several people got to cut line because they were told of a list when everyone who actually waited in line were not told about it.

What I choose to do with something after I buy it is noones business but my own.

I'm not really worried about the Chad thing, I've met him several times before at local bars where they do Bengals radio and tv shows and at other public appearances. I'll just get him to sign this jersey at a game or the next time he does a signing at the stadium gift shop which he does several times a year. I didn't want to give Best Buy $60 of my money to buy Madden and get in line for the signing.

[quote name='$hady']What I choose to do with something after I buy it is noones business but my own. [/QUOTE]

If its your *own* business, why are you posting it?

[quote name='$hady']I'm mad because the store lied to it's customers about the number of systems and then screwed up the launch by allowing everyone to sign a non Best Buy made list that most people didn't even know about and then half the people on the list left for many hours and go home and then come back and get to keep their spot and that several people got to cut line because they were told of a list when everyone who actually waited in line were not told about it. [/QUOTE]

Ever heard of cause and affect? If you weren't being greedy about trying to get an xbox to sell on ebay, none of this would've happened , therefore Best Buy wouldn't have *lied* to you.

You should be thankful that you even got an xbox 360, while people who waited hours that actually wanted to play the system got screwed over.

The problem with the way that BestBuy did this launch was that once they had enough people in line to account for the systems they had available to sell, they could have just checked ID's, written down names, and passed out the vouchers at midnight and just told everybody to come back at 7AM in the morning. This way people wouldn't have to have waited overnight plus nobody would have had to wait all night and received nothing at all.

Maybe for the PS3 they'll do it differently...

[quote name='gokou36']If its your *own* business, why are you posting it?

Ever heard of cause and affect? If you weren't being greedy about trying to get an xbox to sell on ebay, none of this would've happened , therefore Best Buy wouldn't have *lied* to you.

You should be thankful that you even got an xbox 360, while people who waited hours that actually wanted to play the system got screwed over.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to agree with gokou on this one $hady. Sure you're entitled to do whatever you want with the 360 if you bought one, but you brought it to the forums so technically your inviting us into your business. Also gokou is probably siding with Best Buy because of posts like this:

[quote name='$hady']I sold 2 for $600 buy it now a couple weeks ago and then convinced both buyers to let me refund the paypal and them send me a money order by reducing the price by the money paypal would've charged me to accept the $600 from them. I'd rather get what I got with ZERO chance of a chargeback than take the chance of being out the money for the 360, shipping and fees PLUS the $600 when someone scams you! I'll still make a nice profit on each system.

I expect alot of paypal horror stories after this is said and done. Paypal is way to much on the buyers side.........

Now luckily I was able to get one preorder from a friend who is broke and wasn't gonna get his 360 and i'll be heading a store here in a couple hours to camp with 4 other people who are all buying systems.[/QUOTE]

You're a greedy fuck so stop your whining about Best Buy screwing you. Not only did you win from every10minutes, but you've already sold two. If BB had screwed you out of one you are just in you're reaction, but they didn't. Realize where you're at when you whine because anyone can find posts on you.

WHO DEY! WHO DEY! DEY,being you $hady, BE GREEDY!

LOL you people crack me up! A lot of sensative motherfuckers on this board with no 360s I assume. At least I made a nice profit on one and got a free system for myself. Others were posting their bad experiences with striking out on launches and I just posted the chaos that was launch day at the store I was at. I could give a fuck less want you think about my actions. So please go fuck yourself. :roll:

[quote name='el bobo']This is very important, if anyone was considering camping out at Wal-Mart my friend went there after school (3:10) and there were already 40 people in line, even though there are only 24 premium consoles that are going to be delievered. This is just a heads up so you guys can call your wal-mart to make sure you can still get a spot!!!
Good luck to you all!
*Note this is a wal-mart in western PA, so it could be really bad in your area!*
El Bobo[/QUOTE]
was this the walmart in washington, pa? i was number 18.

bread's done
Back