Warranty on a refurbished 360?

SuperFox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here's my question: do you get the 1 year warranty on a refurbished unit you receive from Microsoft when you send in a RRoD system?

I originally purchased my 360 in February of 2006. System ran without a problem until the Spring 2007/Guitar Hero II update, which I downloaded in late-June 2007, and got the RRoD in July. I was having an internal debate on whether I should pay the fee to have my system replaced outside of the one-year warranty, until MS came out and extended the RRoD warranty to three years.

I filed a claim, sent in my RRoD system, and got back a refurb in August 2007. I could tell the system had been a refurb because of the additional noise generated by the system (compared to my previous unit - I think there is an additional fan on it.) Outside of the unit being louder and taking longer to boot up, I have not had any issues until this past month.

In the past month, while playing games (in particular, Assassin's Creed,) I will get a disc read error after about 1.5 hours of use. This is leading me to believe my refurb system will "clunk out" on me in a month or two if I continue to regularly play it. This is what leads me to my question: did the refurb come with a one year warranty/three year RRoD on it, effective when I received it in August 2007 (so the warranty is good through August 2008/2010), or does it fall under my expired one year warranty, and the three year RRoD warranty which ends in February 2009? Anyone who has experience/knowledge from dealing with MS, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, for anyone who has recently received a refurbished unit, have the systems come with or without an HDMI? My current system is HDMI-less, and I would love to be able to make the change.

I believe you get an extra 90 days for your refurbished 360. Moreover, the chances of getting HDMI when you don't have one is slim to none. People that send HDMI units get HDMI units back.

Normally you get back what you sent in, in rare cases you'll get the hdmi models.

But they have so many non hdmi from the past two years, the odds are hella against you actually getting an hdmi one.

Call them up though, and have them send a box, the disc read errors are seperate from the RROD, but more than likely the RROD is coming.

You cant play the 360 if it doesnt read discs.. so either way you need a new 360.

bread's done
Back