Warranty Question :)

mikeyg76

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,

So i bought the xbox 360 warranty from MS. My question is if mine breaks, how do they track which serial # i get?. Example... i send mine in and get a refurb., it breaks i give them the serial # on that one? Or do i need to remember my original #? Thanks

So you are asking if your 360 breaks, you send it in and the one they send back breaks..what happens?

Well I don't have one, but here is my two cents since no one replied yet. Obviously if you bought a warranty from MS and it breaks they will send you one. Clearly! I GUESS if the one you get in it's replacement BREAKS..it'll also be replaceable. If you bought a 2 year warranty I believe you can have your 360 replaced at anytime within the 2 years. Hopefully it's not just ONE in 2 years (or 1 year, if you bought that instead)

But then again, if you just bought your 360 and it breaks.. and your replacement breaks and THAT replacement breaks, most likely life was never intended with you owning a 360, lol

My opinion, hopefully someone with a warranty will get around to answering it better for you

My understanding is that the warranty transfers to the replacement system. I got my 360 back yesterday, and a letter from MS said that they had already transferred my registration, etc from my old unit to the new one, since the one I was sent as a replacement is different.

bread's done
Back