Warranty Replacement Advice Requested

Cantatus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
A little over a year ago, I purchased this mouse: MX 1100 Cordless Laser Mouse. Recently, it has begun having problems where the computer stops detecting that the mouse is even plugged into my computer. I contacted Logitech about it, and they agree that my mouse is defective.

They offered to replace it, but since they no longer produce the same mouse, have instead offered to replace it with this: Anywhere Mouse MX

I can't say as I'm very pleased with the offer since this mouse appears to be a downgrade, namely in the fact that is loses the thumb and the adjustable DPI buttons (which were reasons I picked this one to begin with), not to mention the fact that this mouse is valued for $20 less than my current one. Needless to say, I'm fairly annoyed that the mouse I bought from them broke and I'm expected to accept an inferior one as a replacement.

I was wondering if anyone has had to use their warranty before with Logitech and might have any advice/suggestions for me.

If its under warranty, why aren't they offering to fix it? Otherwise, its hard to argue with choice of replacements. Prices generally decline over time and $20 less a year later sounds like they are giving you a comparable product.

I'd email them letting them know basically what you said here - about it not having the same buttons/features/etc and tell them if they are going to replace it instead of repair it you would like to receive a replacement that at least has the same features as the one you are replacing - only seems fair.

I've dealt with Logitech multiple times over this type of issue, and there's usually some pre-determined exchange path for Device X with Device Y when it fails in warranty.

They won't fix it because that's not how they work. It's replacement and that's it.

I would think that from what you're talking about, this is more the apt replacement for your mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/devices/performance-mouse-mx

It's also the only one higher up the food chain than the replacement you're being offered. I'd suggest contacting them, explaining why you think the offered replacement is a downgrade and ask if you can get the Performance Mouse MX as your replacement. It'll likely need to go to some supervisor for approval, though if you make a good enough argument, they're likely to swap it out for you with the one above.

bread's done
Back